1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Preferred West standing (seasons end)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Hello all I usually just browse through threads so this is my first thread on this site. I live in Egypt and ive been a rocket fan for 15 years now and i wanted to see the thoughts of some of the rockets fans here
    After yesterdays game ive come to the conclusion that to make it to the finals we need to avoid okc at all costs (with the clippers being a close second), so as much as this pains me to say i think we need to route for SA to get the 1 seed.
    They have a pretty favorable schedule so i think its possible, so this is my preferred standings

1.SA
    2.OKC/Lac
    3.Okc/Lac
    4.Hou
    5.Por
    6.GS
    7.Mem
    8.Dallas?pho

*This way we avoid playing both the thunder and the clippers
    * I think we would have a harder time against GS,Mem then Portland
    * It puts both the clips and thunder in a very tough road from the outset (Vs Mem and Gs 1st end, then eachother 2nd)

What are your thoughts and who do you prefer us having to go through in our Playoff run

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

This. Even better if SA is #4

4. NotChandlerParsons

I haven't thought it through but I know it includes a first round Grizzlies/Clippers matchup somehow.

5. cebunit

cebunit Member

We're not going to avoid either OKC or LAC. Either we beat them or we don't.

6. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

? We can avoid them for quite awhile actually, if OP has his way. In fact, if the playoffs were to start today, I'd be pretty happy:

1. SA
    2. OKC
    3. LAC
    4. HOU
    5. POR
    6. GSW
    7. MEM
    8. DAL

SA beats Dallas while we whup POR, so we then meet SA in the second round (awesome). One of OKC and LAC would already have to be downed, and the other hopefully tired (since both run and gun so hard) by the time we get to the WCF. Best case scenario as we've shown we can easily handle SA and POR, but get handled by OKC and LAC...

We then only need to catch one good break and beat either LAC or OKC to reach the near promised land vs. Pacers or MIA most likely, and I'd feel better about that matchup (whichever it ends up being) than vs. LAC or OKC. Whew...

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Exactly!

There is still plenty of games in the season to jump SA.

Glass half-full maybe, maybe no. :grin:

8. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Just stay top 4 with the Thunder, Spurs and Clippers.

I don't care which one of the other teams we play. Warriors, Blazers, Grizzlies or Mavericks/Suns.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

10. noone

noone Rookie

I think the rockets are more like the Blazers than the THunder or Clippers. I see them more of a regular season team than a contender.

11. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

As of today we are 4 games back of the spurs in the L column.

Their schedule is Por(W), Lal(W), Utah(W), @La(W), @Sac(W),@GS(L), Phi(W), Den(W), @Den(W), NO(W)

Ours is @Chi(W), @Mia(L), Uta(W), Minn(W), @clev(W),@char(W), Phi(W), Lac(L), @brooklyn(W), @tor(L)

There will be 8 games left after this schedule ends and to make up 5 and maybe 6 games in the L column is simply too much to ask...The #1 seed is just not in play anymore IMO

12. BonziWellsGOAT

What have the Clippers shown you to make you believe theyre nothing more than a regualar season team? They have been the last two years (granted with Vinny Del Negro at the helm). They have to show me first

13. noone

noone Rookie

Everytime the Rockets play the Thunder or the Clippers there's a sense the Rockets aren't going to win. I think the rockets are a great regular season team but not a contender. I think the thunder and the Clippers are the two contenders in the west. The spurs belong in the euroleague.

14. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

What kind of psswk attitude is this? We want top seed. Let the others fall as they may. We fear NOONE. We're going all the way baby.

Now, get that into your thick skulls.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Call me crazy but I want the Thunder ASAP. Once Asik completely assimilates with this roster the Rockets are capable of wearing OKC down in a series.

16. noone

noone Rookie

You have no reason to fear me. I'm too lazy to pick a fight.

17. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Realist. Rockets 4, Blazers 5.

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

1. SA
    2. OKC/Clips
    3. OKC/Clips
    4. Hou
    5. Por or GSW
    6. Por or GSW

Portland/GSW first round, SA in the 2nd, and the poison in the WCF.

19. bmd

bmd Member

?????

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

what's funny is I would rather play the Heat than the Thunder