1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Lowest BBS Moment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Mar 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fredred

fredred Member

Folks, this is real.

2. Isabel

Isabel Member

Mine was a few years ago; just as well if you can't remember it. Basically I ended up revealing a lot more about my then-screwed-up personal life than I meant to, and it was actually good to have some people to talk to about it, but it's embarrassing for everyone to have seen me like that. The whole bbs was giving me correct, common-sense advice that did not completely match what I wanted to hear at the time (though I did end up taking it eventually). Also I realized later my ex could look through it, which isn't good; I moved my drama to a private blog, and things have gotten a lot better anyway. But I appreciate the clutchfans being there, embarrassing relationship threads or not. :)

3. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

I mentioned something about writing a letter to someone that was dead. I did not realize the severity of my mistake. It was one of my first threads and it still embarrasses me to this day.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Basically all my initial posts (back when I was 15-16), especially some of the ones I did in the GARM. I think it got deleted/locked, but I remember posting a thread about what would happen if we had two players that wanted to be the first to show up to practice and the last to leave (gym rats). Also posted about how awesome Steve Francis was, and it would be great if Yao Ming was at least as good as Rik Smits....or something like that. Think I had a Hangout thread where I complained about getting detention because I missed a spot when I was shaving. School sucks and all that stuff.

OK, just did a search for some of my early threads, and it seems worse than I remember:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=38035 (OMG! A super pillow!)
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=40420 (My school doesn't have a nurse. Is that bad?)

And actually, it seems like Clutch (and/or Crew?) was nice enough just to move the thread I was thinking about:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=38399

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Playoffs? No way!

Epic Fail.

I don't expect forgiveness. I just live with the shame. :eek:

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Once said I liked the Mavpricks!! :eek: :eek:

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That one time I posted drunk was kind of rough.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, Great reading through this thread.

About a year back some guy had a post that just leaked of
    stereotypes and racism about white people. I responded with
    his exact post, but with stereotypes of his race... Totally
    overboard, but funny, Atleast I thought it was kinda funny.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did you do a search for your threads that were so old. When I do a search for my posts a year and older I can't get any older than 2007.

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha - you were actually listening to me? You should generally avoid that. But, yes, I did not like you. If it makes you feel better, I am sure I deserved it at the time. I cared much more about being right and "winning" back then. That makes me cringe now.

I have been wrong many times on this board, but I don't really see anything as a low moment.

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Is that like the one time John Stockton flopped?

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I sorted the results in ascending order rather than descending (using either last posting date or thread start date). This would basically get the first 300 threads I created instead of the last 300.

13. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I had a drunken anti Horns meltdown..I mean I am always Anti-Longhorn..but apparently this time the booze had sent my sense of humor on a vacation and I was just a total troll.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

"I have seen the future of the NBA and his name is Dan Langhi"

:D

I miss the famous quotes bit Clutch used to have.

DD

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Someone started a thread about how worthless and stupid entertainment journalism was; and I countered by criticizing sports reporting (and possibly sports in general). I think one person openly asked for a ban, and another poster might have tried to defend my argument, but I quickly followed up with a retraction and apology.

And just about anytime I try to embed a Youtube clip.

16. no_answer

no_answer Member

When I got banned multiple times for... for what? Being too cool I think. ;) :D

17. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

When you have to say it, you're NOT cool. :cool:

18. no_answer

no_answer Member

You got me. [​IMG]

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Too many to really mention but the ones that stand out was when I first posted here, I used to get into it all the time with TheFreak over how Olajuwon was treated here when he left. At times, I got absolutely brutal and personal with him in threads. Luckily, he forgave me and we have been on good terms ever since (it's too bad that he doesn't post more often).

But the lowest was the time I posted a thread on the top 100 posters, not realizing that Clutch could whip up a report in no time to show that information. I got absolutely raked over the coals on that one, especially by The Voice of Reason, LOL.

20. Fatty FatBastard

Link? I haven't seen one of those in ages.