1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Lowest BBS Moment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Mar 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I re-reg'd almost a year later when Yao Ming was playing his first basketball game in North America - Canada vs. China in Vancouver. I got some good video footage for ya'll :)

#41 3814, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  2. TheBigAristotle

I thought you'd posted a picture back in the day. I still need to find Lady Di's picture again.

3. TheBigAristotle

I remember this. Before this account, I was on a friends for quite a while. It was outstanding.

4. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I've posted a few since then without incident, but I'm probably never going to live down the first few, like Lady_Di's never going to live down hers either...

5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone who's mentioning low points and not linking to the low point (especially pictures) is really lame. Consider this your low point.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've had a couple....saying something bad about mcmark's relative's got my previous nick banned. And I once said something to clutch that got me banned.

I'm lucky to still be on this site.

7. TheBigAristotle

Ahh ok. While we're all confessing, I've been banned multiple times with multiple nicks. This is my first account to actually try and "stay clean" and be.... relatively nice :)

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Just getting into stupid shouting matches with certain members over stupid things like:

1.) I think I posted a "bored at work" thread and someone told me this wasn't thread-worthy enough to be posted in the Hangout. Yea...okay. Message fight!

2.) Inevitably, there is one of you "holier than thou" posters who has to label someone else a bandwagoner...like they are "Bandwagon God" who decrees who is and isn't a bandwagoner. That happened to me once and the message fighting began.

3.) I threw a tantrum when Yao went out with an injury for the season...thinking Yao is too fragile and we need to trade him. Of course, after my initial response...I calmed down. It was hard for me to come to grips that the whole season was basically over when Yao went out. So, I responded badly.

And, face it, no matter how stupid the message fight is between you and others...you're sitting behind your PC mad as hell wanting to kick the crap out of the people engaged in the message fight with you. You say you are "done here" with the thread. And, then you come back looking for more responses. You start thinking of ways to backtrack posters' IP addresses to a real physical home address so you can go over there and take care of it in person. lol. Eventually, you finally come to the conclusion that "this is dumb to even think about this", so-and-so is a flamer faggity troll trying to get a rise out of you, and move on.

#48 Surfguy, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Some thread I made about how much we suck when I first joined and was really immature. I got called out so badly. :eek:

Wow that is so embarrassing. I was talking like the knee-jerk reaction rookies in the GARM.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

tried to make an anti mar1juana argument without knowing anything about it. Ah, how much I have learned in college.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

No specifics, but I cringe when I look back at threads I started where i was really enthusiastic about something.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I once started a thread about Yao's engagement, depite it having happened months ago. I hadn't been to the site in seemingly forever, so it was my first time hearing about it. I felt like an extreme moron. :eek:

13. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Dear god, man... I don't think I've ever seen anyone get owned that hard in my life. I just read that thread for the last 30 minutes. Absolute hilarity. :D

But props for coming back and becoming a good contributor to the BBS.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I find pretty much all my posts from the early years embarrassing. It probably didn't help that half of them were around 2 or 3 am...in my college years (i.e. not sober). I was never a jackass or anything, just re-reading some of them is like listening to yourself on a home video...cringe inducing.

Here's a gem about the 2000 draft.

Of course, I was referring to the pretty solid Hedo Turkoglu. And while I was right that Moiso sucked, some of the others internationals taken that year included Tsakalidis, Brezec and Marco Jaric. There went my scouting career!

15. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy crap, 3814 wins. That thread was one of my favorite beatdowns of all time on this BBS. I had NO idea the original poster was still here in any capacity.

I will say this. Knowing that, and knowing that 3814 is a good poster and not a troll, I have MUCH more faith in humanity now than before. Perhaps some of these annoying new posters in the GARM can evolve after all.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My GOD. Are you serious? Was that really you?? If so, then you DO win....and then some.

That was one of the worst (best) ownages I've ever seen. Seriously, Clutch seems like such a nice, mellow, laid back kinda guy on the radio...but God help you if you disrespect this site and hope to get away with it. :D

"my friend borrowed my computer and my email." LOL.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I had the pleasure meeting rimbaud and he reminded me that I made some smart-ass quip to him early on in posting here. I was embarassed.

19. Fatty FatBastard

Hmm. Interesting that the ages he states (18 and 34) are intertwined into his new moniker...

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I can't recall any and don't want to go searching for fear of what I may find.