1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your favorite childhood home

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by giddyup, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Recall Pittman Park? We used to screw with the birds all of the time there. I went there again just a few weeks ago and, sure enough, the bird house was still there.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

2126 Collingsfield Dr, Sugar Land, TX

Barrington Place.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yes sir, alief

4. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

LOL, nice. I remember hearing a bunch of BHS stories - one in particular involved some Jewish kids throwing day old bagels at cars and stuff. When one of the bagels hit a car at "Cafe Miami", a bunch of Tony Montana looking dudes came out shooting!

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not sure what they're calling it these days, but it's right there on Elm and the 610 feeder.

6. Fatty FatBastard

No, I'm talking about the park that was across from the Evergreen pool on Evergreen and Newcastle.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh, I thought that was just called Evergreen Park. That's what is was 30 years ago, at least.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hard for me to say since after my family immigrated to this country we only stayed in an apartment for about 3 years or so until we moved into the house that my parents still live in today.

the only thing i remember about the apartment is one halloween night when it was raining like crazy, i then remember our downstairs neighbor was arrested for being a drug dealer my mom was scared out of her mind since that neighbor was always friendly to her and helped around the apt whenever she needed something.

whats odd is i vividly remember the drive over and seeing our new house for the first time when I was 6 as if it happened yesterday.

9. Fatty FatBastard

Well, as stated above, I frequented Bellaire from 87 on. As of 88, it was named Pittman. Not sure when it was first called that, though.

For the record, here is where I lived my childhood:

72-77-various.
    77-84-Baytown
    84-85-Valdez, AK
    85-87-Kingwood
    87-90-Bellaire

And, FWIW, I just met up with a girl I went to school with in Baytown this past weekend. We reconnected through Facebook, but I hadn't seen her in 25 years! Very cool experience.