1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Eddie Griffin prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

With the rockets luck, he'll come back night after night in a diffrent uniform and send back 5 shots while dropping 20+points and ripping 10 boards from Yao's grips.

2. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a roomate my first year at Sewanee, who came on a full scholarship from Switzerland; he had everything going for him. He smoked it all away. One day someone introduced him to a higher level. The next month, he never did anything else after class. Gone. The scholarship went, and everything else he had going for him. Gone.

RIP Andreas.

Given that EG hasn't gained any weight, don't you think there's a bigger problem? Really, the guy's just a mess.

My prediction is dead. +/- 5 years.

Go ahead EG, prove me wrong.

3. BigRay

BigRay Member

I wouldnt be surprised if that happened. Look at what happened to Jermaine O'neal he left Portland and he got a fresh start and he is a bigtime star in the NBA so the way HOUSTON's Luck is Eddie Griffin will be a ALL-Star in 2years!!!:(

I hope he goes to a rival team and score 30pts and 15rbs and blocks 5shots agaisnt us everytime......."cough cough" Rashard Lewis:mad:

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

:eek:

5. Grydian

Grydian Member

Actualy heavy pot smoking releases insolin in ur blood. THC is a sugar molecule.. When insolin is in ur blood you CAN NOT lose weight. Your body is then adding fat not taking it away. Since addicts are usualy stoned all the time the idea of losing weight on weed is laughable... Trust me it does NOT lose weight. Look at people who go in insolin shots. They always gain 20-50 lbs... So pot DOES make you fat...

6. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

He is getting tested by the court so it is doubtful he is siting around getting stoned. They would put him in jail.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The Nets will sign him to backup Martin.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Griffin will handle his legal issues, make amends with the Rockets management and be in the Rockets 2004-05 training camp.

9. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Eddie will join hands with Jesse James, get publicity for being wronged by the Rockets, the police, and the girlfriend, an NBA strike will insue, riots will threaten city streets, but ultimately Eddie be washing Kobe's backside in the pen.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Where did you here this? I've never heard anything like this about mar1juana. THC a sugar molecule? I'll apologize if you can prove me wrong but I'd say you're FOS.

11. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

With Jesse... James??? Eddie's an Old West kinda guy....?

Man , I know even less about the guy than I thought I did.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm not in Houston, so I haven't followed the details of the story very well. What addiction does he have? I thought it was more of a depression and anger management issue?

It's just a little pot... ask andymoon!

13. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Doh!

I meant Jesse Jackson. :eek:

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I see visions of Europe dancing in EG's head.

With the game EG has shown so far, I don't see many NBA teams wanting to invest the time in EG in order for him to develop to his potential, which he may never do.

15. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

i hope eddie does come back and dominate the rockets because i (like steve francis) believe the rockets should have given him a second chance. i predict he will play for orlando and orlando will eventually trade juwon howard to the wolves.

16. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

He probably wont play again. You cant smoke and play. He made his money now he can smoke and never be heard from again.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

GATER, I like the way you think! Hopefully that will be the case. It would be nice to see him resolve all his legal issues this spring and then in the summer sign with the Rockets on the cheap of course and then bust ass in the summer leagues to prove his worth.

My hopes are that his time in the hospital has killed off all the demons inside of him and has rejuvinated his desire for basketball and his drive to be a great player.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So is he Eddie 'VIN BAKER' Griffen
    or
    Eddie 'SHAWN KEMP" Griffen

[spelled with an E . . . just for old times sakes]

Rocket River

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Roy Tarpley got chance after chance

I doubt EG will get any less

Rocket River

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Actually he is a lot skinner and a lot younger than they were when their problems started.

It's not a good thing but hell if Tayshaun Prince had the same problems in Detroit, wouldn't we be curious about him anyway?