1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young Sheldon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I see BBT as a way to kill 30 minutes and be mildly entertained. It is not some great comedy, but there are some funny one off situations. I agree with one of the posters that the earlier seasons were better.

The comments on Frasier are strange. I've always thought Frasier was one of the best sitcoms of all time. It also holds up better than a lot of late 90s/early 2000's sitcoms.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Big Bang theory gets over rated because people forgot that multi camera sitcoms filmed in front of a live audience have their own value and energy. It isn't anywhere close to 90's shows like newsradio.

Hopefully Parsons is getting some money out of this because a show that depends on a 9 year old performer to be good is going to be a disaster.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Is it based in Galveston? That would be interesting to see a 9-year-old supernerd going to high school at Ball HIgh.

4. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

5. Buck Turgidson

Sorry. If someone started a thread about how seriously awesome McDonalds was....

It's the same thing.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, you are very early with the thread.

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

I could literally make a convincing thread on this.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This show is still on?

That's like finding out one of the those Hollywood stars of the 1940's is still alive. Amazing.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This comedy really is Seinfeld level good.

10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

7 year old thread....dang I am old. Next to last 2 shows aired last night and I think this ends well, it was a good run. After season 4 I was more interested in the other characters, little Sheldon became a ditzy teen. George and Mandy will have their own new show this fall and I think it could be decent.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even though it's a show set in Galveston I never got into the show. My ex was really into the Big Bang Theory. I would watch it with her but even though I fit the target market (Gen X male nerd) I never really got into either.

To me the best sitcom and quintessential show about Texas was King of the Hill. It says a lot that an animated show could feel at times truer to life than other shows.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I never got into BBT. I enjoyed YS in reruns - Sheldon’s personality as a child is cute, as an adult it’s annoying af. I stopped watching the new YS episodes cause the kids grew up. I heard Sheldon’s parents got a divorce cause Big George had an affair. I was curious how YS would handle the story but I guess they ignored it. Thought it was with the neighbor with the obese kid.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Like Big Bang Theory. Barely watched this show. But if it made 7 seasons, many must like it. Generally speaking I thought the cast was likeable, just not that funny. When they originally cast the mother I thought that would be a horrible idea, but it did work.

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

I dislike BBT and the annoying kid version with as much passion as I can muster to dislike a TV show I've only seen snippets of.

KotH is of course the best show about Texas, I'm struggling to think of the 2nd best.

ROCKSS and rocketsjudoka like this.
  15. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Wanna hear a cool story, bro?

Went to the same high school as Jim Parson (Klein Oak), but graduated a few years before him. He was in the same class as my sister and I saw them in a KOHS production of "Noises Off" in the late '80's. Eddie Peeples ("Crab Man" from "My Name is Earl") was in the same class.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

…Austin Stories?

rhino17 likes this.
  17. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Houston Knights

MadMax likes this.
  18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The YS writers did a great job not ruining Sheldon’s family based upon the BBT jokes on how Sheldon became a weirdo.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

The first couple of seasons of Friday Night Lights were pretty good. Although it's kind of funny that the kid on the first few seasons that did NOT play football on the show was the only actor that actually played high school football in Texas in real life (Jesse Plemmons)

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How many times did you try BBT?

@Jontro