1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young over Bush

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rhester, Dec 30, 2005.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Okay, I was wondering how Carpenter's name suddenly popped up out of nowhere. VY will get it back though, no worries.

2. RIET

RIET Member

Does it really matter who's the leading % leader is?

Vince is the leading % (or 2nd leading :rolleyes: ) passer because opponents are so afraid of his running ability that they rather make him beat them in the air than on the ground and they rarely double cover our WR's.

I should rephrase my earlier statement saying he can't make NFL passes. Maybe he can but he hasn't. When Limas is single covered, he will outjump almost any DB so why not float it up there. That won't work in the NFL.

He has the arm strength but not the experience to be the drop back passer necessary to be a successful NFL quarterback.The difference between Vince Young, Major Applewhite and Chris Simms is Vince is the only player among the 3, talented enough to overcome our inept offensive coordinator. Greg Davis has taught Vince absolutely nothing as he has relied solely on his own freakish athletic gifts. Unfortunately, that is not good training for the professional game.

Norm Chow coached Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart and molded them to be NFL style QBs. Greg Davis has not prepared any UT player to succeed at the next level.

Vince could still be a good, possibly great player if he worked hard and had the right coaching.

However, he's certainly not as much of a sure thing (if there is such a thing) as Reggie Bush.

#42 RIET, Dec 31, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  3. Stoli

Stoli Member

AMEN!

4. gucci888

gucci888 Member

To be fair, Simms is having a pretty good season w/ TB and Applewhite went straight into coaching and is already a head offensive coordinator (unfortunately Syracuse sucks). But I don't think Applewhite was ever NFL bound to begin with (ala Jason White).

Hard to compare anyone to Chow, that guy is just an absolute machine. No offensive coordinator/QBs coach comes even close to Chow. HIs list of QBs is unbelievable.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the same idots who passed on Jerry Rice, Montana, Walter Payton, and Randy Moss will pass on VY. I can't wait.

I remember specifically in the Oklahoma game Gary Danielson was all over him because he threw thirty yard pass accurately with zip and the reciever caught the pass as soon as he turned in. Danielson was talking about how that was an NFL throw.

As far as the Texans are concerned that offensive line looked horrible when Banks was in the game.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

ass a matter of fact the player I'm starting to here questions about arm strength is matt lienart.

7. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Yea Remember that one time Vince made that NFL throw, come on people!!!

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how about the one he made to beat Ohio State, a BCS team. If the color guy takes time out to say you made an NFL throw, he's trying to tell you something. But he isn't going to say that on every throw he makes. Danielson played qb in the NFL btw. So I was trying to point out what an "expert" thought.

not us clowns on the internet.

edit: as far as dismissing the efficiency rating, every qb in the top 5 this year is running a pro style offense and is an NFL prospect. based on past efficiency ratings, espn's stats go back to 02, there hasn't been a qb like vy in the top 5. so there really isn't a legitimate argument to made that his running helps his passing.

edit: I'm gonna edit this thing once again, sorry. The one thing that vy's rushing and passing efficiency prove is that he's a once in a life time prospect.

#48 pgabriel, Jan 1, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006