1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young core - worst case/best case

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2023.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How high was this guy when he sent that tweet?

Htown Stros likes this.
  2. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

Ground control to Major Tom...

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you just turn on your PS or your console and those weird comps come up.....

The NBA is stacked, most role players can drop 30 now.....

But mostly fans of those players wish their designated player hits stardom.

I laugh at Magic Johnson.....all those young kids have definitely not watched Magic play.

The same Amen who got questionable handles.

Htown Stros likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The worst case and medium case picks are generally overly optimistic.

The same can be said about “best case”, but then that’s the point of best case.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Some of the comments are even better. One dude said Jabari’s worst case being MPJ “made no sense because their games are nothing alike” then went on to say his best case should be KG, that Atari’s middle should be Pippen, and wait for it…Amen’s best should be Lebron lmao

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess you have to tag and add 'Realistic best case' then.....if that is too much to ask.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I remember vividly that Royce Alexander White wanted to be Lebron and Anthony Mason, at least he had the same build.

8. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

That dude was and still is such a loser

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean coming out of Iowa State.......nobody foresaw that train wreck.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

There are some pretty high 'worst cases' on that list!

11. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Only one I agree with is Sengün

Jalen Green- Best case for him is prime Latrell Sprewell. I just never bought into the whole he’s the next Kobe talk. I do agree with his worse and medium case ceiling

Jabari Smith Jr.-I remember someone on this site saying he reminds him of Cliff Robinson which I actually agree with. So I would say that’s the worst case scenario for him, possibly even best

Tari Eason-I believe the best case scenario for Tari is Shawn Marion. It’s not Kawhi but still damn good, if he can reach that

Amen Thompson- I haven’t seen enough of Amen but I’ve been saying he reminds me of Larry Hughes before the injuries but more athletic. If he learns to shot maybe Penny pre-injury, not sure if he’ll every make it to Magic. Also I think his floor could be Shaun Livingston, especially if he continues to have injuries

Cam Whitmore- Same with Cam as I said for Amen, I haven’t seen enough of him, but from what I’ve seen he reminds me of Corey Maggette

#31 htownborn34, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Bobbythegreat and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Correction: Alpi has been about as good as Sabonis so far this season. We're only 10 games in. We can't assume he will sustain this level of production all year--too small of a sample size. And even if he does, we can't take it as inevitable that he will continue to improve as he gets older.

It's likely that he will given his age and some of the flashes he's shown, but we've seen promising players in the past have a career season early and then never manage to repeat that production again. Usually that's due to injuries, sometimes it's for other reasons.

I mean, we had a good object lesson ourselves with guys like DD hopping on the Christian Wood train after that 21 and 10 season, only to be sorely disappointed.

Do I think Alpi is a Christian Wood? No, I don't, I'm just saying we can't call what he's currently doing after 10 games the "worst case" outcome if the "best case" we're throwing out there is a guy who's literally going to go down as one of the greatest centers of all time. Even if Alpi stays healthy, it is not that hard to envision a bad outcome where he has a lesser career than Domantas Sabonis. Hope that won't be the case, don't think it will, but it's important to be realistic about the range of possibilities.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

Sengun is the only one that’ll beat the medium outcome on this trash list.