1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You short muthas..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, Aug 16, 2002.

1. The Voice of Reason

it seems that through all of the posts involving height/dunking/personal info etc that I have seen I registered most of you people are short.

are basketball fans short??
    -theory being that they enjoy watching what they cannot do. you know, kinda like p*rn.

are texans short?
    -cant be, "they grow everything bid down thar in Texas.

are you internet geek types short?
    -theory being that people that are too small and frail to play sports resort to intraverted activities like computers to express themselves. eventually supporting sports which they cant play through their massive computing power.

ok It is likely none of these. I am sure it is the fact that being over 6 feet tall I assume I am average, when the national average is like 5'10.5" or something.
    hell I was 5'11" in 8th grade, and I felt short then, and felt like a kid, so you must all be short.

man I feel like Lhutz with reasoning.

this should be a poll, but they were annoying

2. mduke

mduke Member

I used to be short, but now am about average.....

I don't know about internet geek....but I'm not too small and/or frail to play sports....;)

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am 14, as Sophmore, standing 6'2.5" and still growing, but I still fell short. It's an odd feeling.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'm about 6 foot, and I'm pretty tall at my school. I'm not huge there, but I'm taller than most.

Sadly, I feel that I just had my growth spurt before everyone else, because everyone is catching up and I'm not going anywhere. :( I WANT TO BE TALL AGAIN! :mad:

Maybe there's another spurt left in me. I'm only 15.

Also, I'm not an internet freak, where I chat constantly, but I do use it everyday. I also am pretty good at some computer things. But I'm also into sports, and play basketball and run track at my school.

BTW, my friend(15.) is a few inches shorter than me and could dunk,so shorterpeople can do things that are on TV. Its pretty hard for him, but he can. He's got pretty good hops. I can just about dunk. I haven't tried as much. I'm not bragging or anything, because I see guys on TV who are 13 or 14 and could dunk. Makes me jealous. Sort of. :)

5. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

VOR -- What thread were you reading??? There are a lot of tall guys here.

If I remember correctly, the average male height in America is 5'9". In the "Personal Info" thread, of the 12 respondents not from Texas, 10 of them (or 83%) were taller than 5'9". Of the 20 male Texans who responded, 15 (or 75%) were taller than 5'9".

It seems to me that the guys who frequent this board are actually taller than average.

#5 Mrs. JB, Aug 16, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2002
  6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

VOR: Tall, drunk and posting is no way to go through life son.

:)

7. mduke

mduke Member

dang, you're young. When do you turn 15?

8. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

I thought I remembered the average height as being 5-8 for men and 5-3 for women.

By the way, I'm 6-2 and I feel tall.

9. The Voice of Reason

Jeff, Ive not been drinking, I ahve not posted intoxicated for many many months. However I did get home from work recently, and that place can make you feel drunk some times. or at least crazy.

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the average U.S. male stands 5' 9.1 tall and weighs 180 pounds.

DAMN, I am a Giant
    I never felt like a giant.
    are we importing midgets??

my shortest friend is 5"10. at 6'1" I usually feel kinda small around my buddies. we dont stand out as a bunch of giants when in crowds. I should be looking down on the top of the average American males head. I do not. what up with that?

NY must be a taller place. I bet Oregon, Ohio, and Florida are REALLY short states. just filled to the brim with midgets.

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

OK I promise I'll stop...oh wait...you weren't talking to me. :D

11. drapg

drapg Member

in the U.S??? really, even with the steroid infested meats that kids are raised on? (i know that has little to do with height, but i just felt like throwing it out there!)

i know that's the avg. height for males in India, where many people are malnourished... but I thought the average height for men in the U.S. was at least 5'10"... wait maybe you meant average around the world? me confused! :(

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's not the size of Kam in the game, it is the size of game in Kam.

Thank you.

air kam

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

december

14. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I may be wrong but I don't think steroids effect hight.

15. mfclark

mfclark Member

I'm 6'7" and I feel scared when there are taller people around...

Just because I'm tall, I'm used to being able to tower over everyone. I can't really fathom being shorter (i.e. normal height), but I don't really feel that tall.

That is, until I see someone taller than me.

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I'm 6'5", so I know how you feel dude.

17. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Damn all of you are some tall mothers. :p I just turned 16 in February and I'm 5'6. I'm waitin for that damn growth spurt to come along....any suggestions to speed it up? It seems like I've been right around 5'5-5'6 since 8th grade.

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I'm a short mf... 5'-6"
    5'-7" on a good day! :D

kids these days... it's all the hormones in their food! :rolleyes:

19. Christopher

Christopher Member

Im short as well 5'6".

My problem when playing basketball was that I always wanted to be a forward. There is nothing better then tearing down a rebound while playing among giants. Thats why I loved watching Barkley play.

20. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Same here. Ever since i played organized basketball (5th grade and now in 11th) I've always played power forward cuz I always snatched down rebounds like a monster. I would set my feet and get under the bigger players who were most of the time 20 lbs. + over my weight, and I'd box them out and get the rebound. But since I started to get in higher grades, they started tryin to put me as a shooting gaurd, a point gaurd, but that really didn't fit my style. I had to adjust and it took me 2 yrs and I made it but I still missed being inside so they let me play small forward, power forward once in a while. Heck, one time I was playin center lol. :D :eek: