1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You might be a *** if...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Ming Dynasty, Feb 29, 2008.

1. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

To borrow a line from Jeff Foxworthy..

* "You might be a ***; if you don't know who Chucky Brown, or Pete Chilcut are."

** Further, "You might be a ***, if you don't know who "the Stick", "Bandaid man" or "the Blade" are...

Rockets History 101 =

* Both have more rings individually than Charles Barkley and Karl Malone do combined...heck, you could even throw in Shaun Kemp, John Stocton, Mark Price, John Starks, Patrick Ewing, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitski, Elton Brand, Vince Carter, Dominique Wilkins and still not have enough rings as either Rockets player.

** Ralph Sampson, Derek Chevious, Buck Johnson

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Did you not know the word was banned until you hit post?

3. ansarisu

ansarisu Contributing Member

Luc Longley has rings also. All skill.

4. The Ming Dynasty

Obviously not

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LAWLS. Best....post....ever!!! ***** 1111 1!!!!

6. The Ming Dynasty

Yep, I agree LL has more rings than any of the forementioned players as well.

As Billy Hoyle (White Men Can't Jump) would ask...would you rather "look good and lose or look bad and and win?"

Maybe that's a better question to ask Chuck or Karla...

7. kikimama

kikimama Member

Another loser who thinks his life is worth living because he has had a tv set since 94. :rolleyes:

8. The Ming Dynasty

Hahaha! "Kikimama" - "another bandwagon fan that wasn't even born when the Rox won their last Championship"

9. kikimama

kikimama Member

Yeah, I'm a bandwagon fan even when I haven't seen our team go pass the first round for 10+ years, yet this is the only team I root for. I'm just tired of these posters on their imaginary high horse who think their "better" fans just because they're still living in the 90s. I'm not trying to stop the discussions about our history as it gives newbies and veterans alike, well, a fan's p.o.v history of the team. But to go as far as calling other members ***es is out of hand. Why do people feel like they have to look down on other members?

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're a douc*e. I became a Rockets fan in 1993. Who cares. I'm a rockets fan now. If somebody likes the Rockets because of Yao or Tracy and they won't stop being a fan when Yao and Tracy are gone, then they are true Rockets fans.

Who cares when you became what? It's a matter of what you will be when the current roster is gone that matters.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

same reason rookies carries the bags, same reason frat brothers haze the new folks.

it's all part of it. Unfortunately, not all fans are created equally.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm still trying to figure out what 3 letter is banned. It can't be ass because I just wrote it. Look, no asterisks. Besides, it would have had to be preceded by "an" instead of "a". :confused:

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yep, I became a fan because of Barkley, and now I can hardly stand him.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

What if I became a fan a long time ago but now like the Rockets for Daryl Morey and will stop being a fan when he's gone, does that make me a MOF? :rolleyes:

15. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

*** = Y0F or T0F.... Those are forbidden words on this site now. And I for one would like to greatly thank Clutch for putting a stop to that non-sense, although it is starting to build up once again with Yao's injury. :(

16. ibm

ibm Member

this kind of thread is lame and pointless. if you look down the fans who came after you, you are also acknowledging the validity of those who look down to youself just because they became fans earlier than you did.

and all this "seniority" stuff gets silly. i'm a lifelong rockets fan, but i've seen people change their teams all the time. some relocated so they became fans of other teams; some follow particular player(s) and also change teams. what is the big deal? it's only sports.

and like i said earlier in other threads, what is wrong of being a XXXX-only fan?

it's time to bring this "i-am-not-a-XXXX-only-fan-because-i-am-a-true-rockets-fan-and-you-are-fake" nonsense to a stop.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

are you a phx fan too?

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

No, I'm not a suns fan. I do find myself pulling for them a bit, because I've always liked Grant Hill and Shaq though.

Being in Oklahoma, I never had a local team to pull for growing up, so I just followed the Suns because I liked Sir Charles. He got traded to Houston shortly after I really started watching basketball (I guess I was about 10-11)and I just followed him. Over those 4-5 years of the Rockets with Barkley, I became a true die-hard Rockets fan and I've been one ever since.

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Jeff Foxworthy sucks ;)

Stop the hate. We're all fans of the Rockets here (except redefined), why not focus our hate on the Mavs and Lerbon?