1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You know your party is out of ideas when...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by surrender, May 8, 2009.

1. surrender

surrender Member

http://mediamatters.org/research/200905070031

[​IMG]

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

<object width="320" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/flash/mmplayer.swf"></param><param name="flashvars" value="config=http://mediamatters.org/embed/mm-cfg?id=200905070031"></param><embed src="http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/flash/mmplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="config=http://mediamatters.org/embed/mm-cfg?id=200905070031" width="320" height="335"></embed></object>

Its almost as if they have completely surrendered the idea of ever being a legitimate party again.

I weep for the true conservatives I know.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Landlord Landry

I'm not sticking up for the GOP or Bush by any means. They need to reform, no doubt.

BUT! The democratic party whined, pissed and moaned about every single antic by Bush/Cheney/Rove, regardless of how big or small, for the last 6 years. Have a taste of your own medicine.

4. Major

Major Member

In those 6 years, can you name a single one as remotely irrelevant as whether someone ordered dijon mustard?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

They said Bush looked like a monkey.

I hate spicy mustard.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

1) Bush's presidency, from beginning to end, save from Sept 11th 2001 til the moment we declared war on Iraq, was the most controversial in a long... looooooooooooong time... the pissing and moaning was a little more justified. Just think about how Bush came into office, and think about the things (some through his own fault, some not) he had to deal with in his term.. these were pretty significant.

2) The pissing and moaning wasn't *this* freaking irrelevant and petty (omg obama reads a teleprompter, omg obama gave someone an ipod, omg obama's wife wears nice shoes, omg obama got a PORTUGUESE dog why didn't he buy American!?, omg obama eats his burger with FRENCH STYLE MUSTARD)

7. mc mark

mc mark Member

Let me know when Obama lies America into an illegal war.

TIA

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Every day I watch food network and I see all kinds of different things on hamburgers. You can't tell me as Americans are getting fatter and more interested in food that spicy mustard is considered "un-american" by any sane person by any stretch of the imagination. Obama must be bullet proof if this is the pest they can come up with.

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

Don't hate on the Prez because he has refined tastebuds.

I've NEVER gotten ketchup or mayo on my burger. Mustard all the way. I'd prefer the sweet and spicy kind, but dijon would be the #2 choice.

10. surrender

surrender Member

A proper Texas-style burger only has mustard. No mayo, and sure as hell, no ketchup

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I understand where you're coming from, but it isn't even close. The lunacy we've seen from the GOP and their hacks since January beats anything I remember from either party the last couple of decades. They are just digging themselves further into the ground. If the Dems had weirded-out to the same extent during Bush's term, they wouldn't have clobbered the GOP 3 consecutive elections.

I really do get your point and I hate the stupid nitpicking that goes back and forth. But this is like comparing apples with watermelons.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

They said it sure, but the so -called "Liberal mainstream media" didn't take the "chimp in chief" meme and run with it to say:

"Oh my god, he's A SIMIAN, he's SO OUT OF TOUCH with the average american, this tells you where this guy comes from"

.....because that was the response of the frothing clowns like Hannity, Ingraham, Limbaugh, to this incident.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

One thing I've very clearly noticed is that a lot of it seems to be outrage at the way dubbya was "mistreated". I think some of the people doing the b****ing still don’t understand why he wasn’t revered as the greatest president ever and really view all the complaints as a "liberal hatchet job" and they are trying for some payback.

My hope is that the b****ing takes an inverse trajectory from the dubbya b****ing due to different root causes – that it starts at its peak and more or less diminishes over time, at least to the level of a dull roar.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Maybe it's because chimps don't choke on pretzels.

15. BetterThanEver

These same guys and their kids have probably eaten mustard on their hamburgers or something at some point in their life.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What I think we could have in the future (if not already) is the "Chicken Little" effect. The right-wing looks so stupid right now criticizing and obstructing without bringing anything legit to the table. When Obama has missteps later, he will get away with them. This is a bad thing.

Obama is on my good side now, but I can already see a scenario when he and the Dems go off the road because they can get away with it. The constant buzz of negativity by kook Republicans and nutty talk-radio hosts with nothing to show for it is increasingly inoculating Obama from legit criticism.

17. Qball

Qball Member

But what he used on his burger??? A BURGER? What are we talking about here.....a burger???? You kiddin me, a BURGER? I mean....a BURGER??

-signed Jim Mora

18. Kam

Kam Member

I like mustard.

I don't like Mayo or Ketchup.

are these people seriously serious?

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Only little kids eat only ketchup on their burgers. Real men eat mustard.

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

As a lover of ketchup (and only ketchup) on hamburgers, I want my campaign contributions back.

F'in mustard lover.