1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You know who's secretly lowkey happy right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 4Shoposite, Jul 9, 2010.

1. 4Shoposite

4Shoposite Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1. Lebron will never be considered better than him from here on out...regardless of any rings won.

2. If kobe can will the Lakers to defeat a miami team like this in in Finals...for his 6th ring...ppl might actually brush off that spot right next to MJ.

Discuss.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Furthermore, I bet you anything Kobe looked at his 62" flat screen 3D TV (that he got secretly from Sony) and said to Stuart Scott "Bring it".

Kobe has played against and with a lot of "big 3s" and as much as I hate the guy I'd be stunned if he even dropped a bead of sweat after LeBron made his decision known. Even Kobe knows it takes a team to win, not just one player.

3. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Actually, he's pissed. When he was asked about the free agency and all the hoopla surrounding Wade, Bosh, LBJ, etc., it looked like Kobe was actually angrily motivated at the prospect. He sees it rivals joining forces and he'll be motivated to show them who's boss.

4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Kobe uses every bit of motivation he can get, just to make 2000 jumpers per day in offseason more interesting

5. DontTradeOswalt

No one could stop Kobe last year even with all those injuries, and I don't see LeBron, Wade, or Bosh stop a healthy Kobe and if they somehow do....Gasol would own Bosh

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I think this is finally vindication for Kobe and the whole Shaq fiasco.

He can now justify himself as the only man besides Jordan with the balls to look at greatness in the face and not blink. As much as Kobe gets a bad rep for his antics, there is no doubt left the man has the swagger and willpower to win and do it while playing the boss.

Lebron will get his ring(s) but Kobe's legacy is now cemented as the 2nd best player after Jordan.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so if lebron averages a triple double, wins an MVP, and a championship WITH THAT cast, he wouldn't be better than kobe?

are you kidding me?

and he already has 2 MVPs.

this will be lebron's team. to the media, lebron will be the best player (with a stacked supporting cast in terms of the next 2 best players).

and trust me, he'll still be the leading candidate to win the MVP next year despite being on the same team as wade and bosh.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

or if Miami turns into a dynasty they could keep him from getting that 6th title he craves to at least match MJ....so i wouldnt say he's exactly happy...

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

So true, except for the LeBron rings part. I think people give Gasol too much credit. Gasol is like Pippen. Pippen was s$*t after MJ left, but he worked well with that system. Kobe is still a little b!tch, but at least he had the balls to do things on his own terms. Yeah, he demanded a trade from the Lakers, and yeah he didn't win for a while without Shaq, but all in all he eventually did start winning. The Cavs built a damn good team for LeBron and he still couldn't cut it.

10. t_mac1

kobe is in the decline. he had a lot of rough stretches last year, particularly in te first round v. te thunder. his teammates bailed him out NUMEROUS times in the playoffs last year, including game 7 of the finals.

the only way for the lakers to beat the heat is b/c of their supporting cast. kobe and gasol alone is NOT better than te big 3.

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

12. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Lebron went to the finals without another all-star.

Kobe couldn't even get out of the first round.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why is this vindication for running shaq out of town? LOL the Gasol trade came out of nowhere, had that not happened Kobe would have bailed :rolleyes:

I like Kobe a lot and respect his ability as a player but please stop the look at greatness hyperbole. He's never lead a one-man show against anybody. Unlike MJ, Kobe has always had a dominant big man whenever he wins something.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Oh agreed most definitely. But isn't that the story of the playoffs anyways? You're super stars get you to the finals, your role players seal the deal. The likes of Derek Fisher and Robert Horry made a name for themselves because they showed up alongside the likes of Kobe and Duncan.

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

Kobe played in the West.

16. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Both are aiming at the king of the hill.

[​IMG]

He is the king of the mountain. Based on their performances and actions, you know who is still the GOAT.

1 person likes this.
  17. t_mac1

your point?

it's so funny what arguments are being brought up against lebron.

kobe by himself hasn't done jack v. lebron by himself. lebron beats him by miles when both are clearly the best player on their team without another legit all-star.

kobe has shown he can win wit a stacked team. lebron will get a chance to prove it.

and please, don't bring up the cavs wit the best record for the past 2 years. if the team is that good, let's see how they do without lebron next year.

the lakers without kobe can get a #4 seed in the west pretty easily.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You LeBron's Agent? If not you must be looking for a job as his PR rep. I bet you defended Tmac too.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

A McGrady fan using "if" to try to make his case; big surprise.

1 person likes this.
  20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Man that's great point, even if Lebron wins couple of championship, I don't see him being compared as good as Kobe.