1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

troof.

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

You definitely are an actual idiot if you mistake dumb jock caricatures of the advanced metrics movement for what it actually is and what the Rockets front office actually thinks.

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Here's one with respect to late game execution..

"its a coin flip.."

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that's not about late game execution, thats about games decided by the last shot

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I think it went over your head.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The first paragraph.

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

No, that was what he said when talking about the 2-3 close games the rockets lost. His excuse for the rockets losing out on them is that they were close and it could have gone either way, a "coin-flip"...which is completely disingenuous. The rockets led most of those games going into the first half, especially game 1 (with a more than comfortable lead) where they collapsed in an embarrassing way. To say that it ended in a coin-flip is a poor excuse for 2nd half collapses (in every game) for games that shouldn't have been that close to begin with. I don't hate Morey, he is a top GM in this league, but his capri slurpers treat him like a god and refuse to acknowledge his stupid decisions/statements .

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Unfortunately there is no 0 star option for the thread rating. This one would probably average as close to 0 as any threads that have been created in recent months. Hotballa doesn't even seem to understand conceptually what DM is doing.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Should have gone with "You Just Might Be a Daryl Moron If...".

Bad thread regardless.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you make up and use terms like "Moridiot", it doesn't do a whole lot to create the impression of an impartial, unbiased observer. Just saying.

11. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Morey is one of the best GMs in all of sports. I feel most of your gripe is with his fans. Hmm where have we heard that one before?? He has made some mistakes in the past, who hasn't but I definitely disagree with the MOFs (is that a recognized acronym?) who think he is a god for all geeks just because he's the "great white hope" for all the geeks who liked sports but couldn't play a lick of it and got bullied in high school.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

hotballa gonna hotballa

13. NotChandlerParsons

The coin?

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Morey has a process and he sticks to the process, like any competitive industry, results will vary (the share trader that tells you he always wins is a liar). If someone can provide evidence for why a different process would be more successful, i'm sure he'd change, but the complaints aren't exactly of an evidence based variety.

The added benefit of Morey's approach is it makes sense to an owner, rather than the old "trust me, this is a basketball thing"

15. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Not sure why you would hate on DM. He was able to get two superstars and not be locked in cap hell. We're slowly adding pieces that can work well from what I've seen so far (Ariza, Kostas). No one is ever 100% and I do my best not to be a homer.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

What does the Rockets struggling in the 2nd half have to do with evaluating Morey?

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You might a moridiot if you signed Ariza to that 4yr/32mil contract. I mean who would sign a guy to such a contract? Ridiculous. :p

18. wise_man

wise_man Member

How do I ignore this moron "hot balls". I always had doubts about what morey was upto when he kept flipping players for picks and shedding salaries. Morey made us contenders without even tanking and having a winning season and by missing the playoffs narrowly couple of times. Never will I judge morey. I liked what I saw in the first two games. Who are u to question morey " Hot Balla????????

19. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Stop watching the Rockets & posting here if you have such distain for the style of play. 3 and frees is just efficient, hence the Rockets averaging around 107 last season.

20. CertifiedTroll

While I agree that this applies to the general population. Most clutchfanatics are outliers to that.