1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You idiots, its not Rick's fault, 2 nba finals with Clyde..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 3, 2009.

1. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Member

he played and we lost remember barkley and pippen

2. levintblack

levintblack Member

Saying Barkley didn't have heart when he played is just ignorant. Pippen yes, Barkley no.

3. Joe Rz

Joe Rz Member

Not really Magic got Westphal out,Bird got Fitch out,and Jordan got Collins out.The big difference between those three and McGrady is that they are winners and Tracy is a soft crybaby.

4. rockets_fanatic

Have you ever thought that Adelman's offesive style does not fit with our team?
    It has nothing to do with Adelman being a bad coach, but being a coach whose philosphy and personality does not fit with the players?

I am not stating an opinion either way, but defending the people who are questioning Adelman.

I can see the flaws within our team, but do not know what the problem is or how to fix it. As bad as T-Mac has been we have played poorly without him aswell.

5. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Google T-Mac and Kobe. If you never saw any comparisons you must of just started watching basketball. McGrady and Kobe were the golden standards at the 2/3 post Jordan.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Tinman does it again, but I HAVE TO AGREE. We can't throw the coach under the bus. It is not his fault that Yao is missinglayups, it is not his fault McGrady is quitting...

7. djimi

djimi Member

good thread, tinman, ur one of the members here i have a lot of respect for. n i love it when u show clips of Hakeem and Rockets glory. Hakeem was the reason i became a Rocket fan. i really miss him. if only Yao could have his foot work.

not much i can say bout T-Mac. he had his chances but he didnt perform when it matters. looking back at that trade, we gave up SF3, Mobley and Cato, that proof it wasnt such a bad trade after all since those 3 players we gave up isnt playing anymore. damn, we should have drafted homeboy Rashard when we had the chance!!

anyway, there's nothing much we can do now except to wait and see. i dont think T-Mac have trade value now, we might as well ride it out til his contract expire then we go for the best FA available in 2010.

but i agree with tinman, dont blame RA for our failures.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Great thread Tin...

9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

forget about drexler...we don't even have a chris webber...

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

YOU SAID IT ALL for me. Five stars.

11. LCII

LCII Member

Wow, a tinman topic where he actually does more than condescend against newer Rocket fans. He actually made some good points. I'm impressed :D

It's not the coach's fault...this is the coach that led us to a 22w streak last year, and got a 4th seed with a team that didn't have Yao or T-mac or BOTH for extended periods of time.

This year the Rockets should be even better with the addition of Artest and no (major) injuries, but T-mac has clearly given up judging by his performance in the last few games, which has brought the whole team down. Hell, the Rockets even have a better record than last year at this point, and it would be even better if the team wasn't playing this poorly. And the team is playing poorly thanks to a large part to T-mac's lack of production.

T-mac should just sit out if there really is an injury bugging him, otherwise, just PLAY to your full potential and stop sulking out there on the court. This guy got a near triple double just before he started sucking, I simply can't comprehend how his production started to drop down so quickly...

#51 LCII, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  12. vinnie25

vinnie25 Member

LOL +1.

13. BasketballReasons

That video has always inspired me. I was around for the Dream-Drexler era, and it was good. Heart of a Champion.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I remember this quote,and at the press conference,I recall he said something like " I'll be back,we'll be back,better and stronger " bla bla bla.

Then what happened?His back spasm flared up and he's never ever coming back to his ole T-Mac.

How pathetic it was and it IS!Only he's fully recovered from his mental and physical injury will he come back and strike.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It may not be Ricks fault but hes part of the problem. Look at the roster we have and you tell me this is the best we can do? Coaches have done more with less. I don't care how bad Tmac and company are playing. You just can't give Rick a free pass because hes been to the Finals. That was then, this is now. Usually when you have a good crop of talent and things are not working, its not absurd to think the Coach is not at his best either.

16. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley was not heartless, you newb Rocket fans never saw him play. That guy played hard, just because he got slower because he was old doesn't mean he's not under the boards trying to grab every board.

Pippen just b****ed, but his effort was better than Tmacs.

17. killer instinct

tracy McGrady is hurting our payroll with his play and our chemistry.

he was such a play that he is deferred to on the offensive side (even when he ends up passing because he won't drive for health or wussiness?). This hurts our possessions and we end up taking bad shots.

RA should change yao picks way out in Katy and let him stay near the basket.
    Come up with ways for guys to rotate on center wanna be's who shoot out in Katy on Yao.

MOST OF ALL WE NEED GUYS WHO WILL TAKE IT TO THE BASKET!

I think at times like this every one on the rockets is to blame.

18. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Great thread, tinman. :D

19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

you are the only one who would put that guy and Jordan in the same sentence.

Seriously, learn some NBA history. Michael Jordan is considered one of the greatest of all time and transcended the game. I know I talk about how his Bulls had problems with the Rockets and the Dream, but I'm putting that soft player in the same class as Jordan.

Golden Standard of what? he threw the ball off the backboard and dunked it himself in an All Star game.

Jordan won 6 NBA championships... But my hero is the golden standard..

So individual awards? MVPs, Scoring titles, defensive players of the years, NBA Finals MVP

Please stop embarrassing yourself and insulting Michael Jordan. I know I rant on the Jordan Bulls but that's because he was facing the Dream Rockets, but both players considered the top players of all time and both champions.

Your hero is know as a scoring champion for a couple of years for a team that won nothing.

Any true Rocket fan would drop your hero in a millisecond if they we could get Kobe

Like I told you, maybe you can buy a Jordan Poster and cut your hero's face and put it on there. If that makes you happy.

20. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Google?

I watch NBA basketball since the 80s. You know real NBA Games.

You want to play google?

here's one:

Google:

Tracy McGrady
    2nd Round playoffs