1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You get all kinds on Craiglist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mateo, Oct 22, 2009.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Need an amputee to complete my Halloween costume (Brooklyn)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2009-10-20, 3:53PM EDT
    Reply to: comm-jvcgb-1430124462@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this might seem strange and really offensive to some but hopefully someone will reply. I have always loved the scene in Empire Strikes Back where Chewbacca has to carry around a half reconstructed C3PO in a backpack because he hasn't reattached his lower body yet. For Halloween I would love to dress up like this. I am big enough and strong enough to both pull off the Chewbacca look and to carry around a lot of weight for the night. So basically I am looking for a double amputee (someone missing both legs - preferably at the hip) to accompany me as C3PO for the evening. We should meet ahead of time so that we can work out the backpack/harness system. There are a few parties that I want to hit and I think we will be the hit of any event we attend. Anyone up for this?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/act/1430124462.html

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sounds like a sweet costume.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My friend and I used to work as furniture deliverymen, and we really wanted to go to work on Halloween dressed as Han Solo and Chewbacca.

I can do a pretty awesome Chewbacca roar.

4. Fatty FatBastard

Guy isn't using his head. A contortionist or a magician's assistant could pull this off just as easily.

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Even with a person who is willing, you'll still need the costume... then there's the voice thing (I must add I do a pretty decent chewbacca roar as well, but we're talking threepio here).

I think you'd be better suited, no pun intended, to make the threepio part as a 'backpack' with a couple of wires you can use to make his head twitch back and forth and wave his arms a bit, and a recording or two.

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Fatty's on target.

The right contortionist or magicians assistant would make for a more memorable evening. ;)

8. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

just go to the social security buildings or major intersections in houston and you can find these amputees.

def a strange request

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DD?

1 person likes this.
  10. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

Lieutenant Dan would work.

11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

hahahhaa! what a weirdo (the guy with the original idea).

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

ROFL, I think he's busy solving cases in NYC.

"Hey Lewtenen Dayan!"