1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You as a fan are pathetic if you want Harden back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, May 14, 2023.

1. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I guess I'm pathetic then :(

BamBam likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Case closed and shut, that simple. We got money so we better spend it ASAP.

(No, reality is more complicated than that.)

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess we should save just like when the rockets were a contender. Much better plan. Save save save. The houston save money rockets. On the fast track to 20 wins once again.but but but At least we didn’t spend money

lets bittch and complain about other teams and players for years again. Can’t complain about the home team when they aren’t even close to even getting meaningful games or sniffing the postseason. Smart

clos4life likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i wouldn't mind hardon back for the vet min and minus the beard.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would spend the money on the group of free agents that are 24-28 years old. Reaves will be 25 years old soon, Cam Johnson 27 years old, others that are a bit old van vleet 29 years old, harrison barnes 31 years old. All of these guys are seemingly professional. Structure the contracts to be decreasing annually.

Then just do what you have to do to trade up for Scoot if you fall to a lower pick. Get the guy that has a chance to to be the PG that you need.

VanVleet or Austin Reaves/Scoot Henderson (around 28 minutes each)
    Green
    Cam Johnson or Harrison Barnes
    Jabari Smith Jr.

Whomever is left of Eason/Sengun/Garuba/Christopher/TyTy/Martin/Tate to fill out the rest of the roster. Maybe throw another vet like Beverley in there and you likely will not be as good as you would with Harden next year but those free agents are not going to get worse every season and will not be anchors on the Rockets salary and therefore tradeable if the situation arises with perhaps some of the Nets assets depending if you have some left after trading up for Scoot.

HP3 and CantStopJG24 like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

So in your scenario you think this is screaming FA destination right now. All those guys are just going to come to houston with 0 ties and think they’ll sign some friendly deal

peleincubus likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes, with a legit coach, while overpaying and perhaps doing it as a sign and trade giving teams a young player so they can get production and a asset at lower dollars under the new CBA restrictions I think is highly feasible that some scenarios can play out like this. Getting a top 3 pick does make it easier though.

The Clippers pick, Nets assets, Sengun plus cap space leads to a vastly upgraded team, along with hopeful improvement from Green, Jabari, Eason. Hell in the above scenario Scoot Henderson would be replacing Nix's min and FVV or Reaves replacing KPJ's min. Just that with a better system should vastly help.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don’t think any of the FA’s is realistic. In fact I’d be surprised if any of those players even gave the rockets a look

9. napalm06

Your better argument was to keep pressing me that Harden could be our lord and savior, but instead you went and built your own entire strawman: our only options in the next 1-3 years are sign Harden or wallow in misery. Have you considered applying to a GM position? This is some 3 dimensional planning right here.

I guess yet another Harden meltdown is still stoking your emotions. Remind me what Harden's stat lines were in game 6 and 7.... he "led" a team with the (fake) MVP on it to 50 wins in the East and I'm supposed to just throw out all other possible paths for 3 years and have a "Harden or bust" argument?

We are in year 10 of this argument and you have a few more huge L's to suck on. Suck it while it's hot.

#89 napalm06, May 14, 2023
    Last edited: May 14, 2023
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You 100% could be right. The range of positive scenarios to negative ranges are huge this offseason. Wednesday will be the first and I suppose biggest shoe to drop.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nobody is calling harden the lord and savior but he can definitely help these kids. Being dramatic does nothing but make you more of a crybaby. I mean considering the decisions the rockets have made until tilman’s dumbass I’d be an upgrade since I’ve been laughing since his first off-season. What a dumb attempt. Unlike your title or bust logic that is absolutely stupid and unrealistic I understand there’s actual steps to this. You’re under the impression that there’s some worst to one of the best move out there. It doesn’t exist

instead other options are continuing to b****h and complain without actual viable alternatives. Cf’s At its finest. People who cry all day and still do so no matter what

ThaRavenOfSanJack likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tuesday

13. napalm06

10 years of this "but but" for Harden, man. Keep trying the ad hominem and throwing out words like drama. It will not erase anyone's failures. If you spent equal mental energy on some of the other 200 NBA players we could look at over the next year or two maybe we'd both learn something new instead of this same belligerent whack a mole.

HillBoy likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Meanwhile you just complain without actual alternatives. But hey just save money save lot of money. Yayyyyy as long as the rockets save who cares. Way to rep for the tilman losers

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Grabbing harden is to just get to playoffs for the valuable experience and help our youngsters win in regular season. Idk why folks are so worried about winning it all in playoffs when we have been dead last for 3 years already. We aren't even gonna touch playoffs if we don't address the pg position.

Only here would we have folks refuse to entertain the idea of having a Rockets great/HoF return back to get us into playoffs.

YOLO likes this.
  16. napalm06

I do want to have a conversation about alternatives but it's hard to get a word in when you're arguing with yourself about "saving money" and whatever emotional tangent you'll come up with next. But I'll admit I am enjoying watching the dying thrashes of Harden apologists. That's precisely why I came into this thread.

Talking about Harden is just like D&D conversation. It's about everything except the obvious truth. For now I'm off to bed. Enjoy your Monday. Let's talk about other offseason plans soon.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep up the same btching energy if we sign harden.

If u watch through 3 years of this sht tanking, u will b fine if harden comes back. There's only one way but up.

The only alternatives I can think of that will make the next season watchable/enjoyable in terms of potential winning more games is to over pay reaves and make him a pg, pry ja morant from the grizzlies and hope he doesn't self implode, draft the rookie pg.

Harden for sure is the most entertaining. We will win during regular seasons. There is no magic player rn that will guarantee us winning it in playoffs.

#97 DatRocketFan, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

And I enjoy folks who tell on themselves that are clearly flawed on why harden would help this rebuilding team. You brought up spending. Actually the lack of it

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fans are human beings making mistakes.

Don't be so hard on them.

Harden is not a messiah, he would pass to them kids, then when it gets tough throw them kids under his little bus.

There is some positives and some negatives.

ThaRavenOfSanJack likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lively thread. Would read again.