1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You as a fan are pathetic if you want Harden back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, May 14, 2023.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Facts

/thread

DatRocketFan likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The Sixers scored under 90 in 3 out of 7 games. I suppose that's Harden's fault too right? If anything, Harden single handily made sure they were in the series whereas the rest of the team including the league's MVP completely screwed the pooch basically all series long. But yeah, all Harden's fault right?

HD729 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

CF boards getting spicy! Pathetic is too harsh. But I appreciate the spice!

Rockets fans saw the same old same old these playoffs: CP3 gets injured, Harden doesn’t show you want you want when it matters most.

We’ll know a lot more after Tuesday night obviously where our team is headed next season.

I appreciate some of the Go Go Go Harden people pressing the pause button after what we saw. That shows strength and some reasonability.

TimDuncanDonaut and IvanLCPM like this.
  4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Harden did bad sure, but what did the rest of the team do this series? They scored under 90 for 3 of the games. Let's not act like anyone else stepped up either and that it was Harden's fault they lost.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m open to alternative PG suggestions that would be able to run the offense, aid in young player development, and allow the team take the next step, but the only real name I keep seeing is FVV like u said

I love Ime, but there’s only so much u can do when a team lacks a PG and has minimal playmaking overall on the roster

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

You cant win with him as the leader. The ball is literally with him 40% of the time. You dont expect trash players to carry elite players.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I would be fine throwing max at Austin Reaves personally as an alternative. But then, what do we do with KPJ? Do we move him to the 3? Do we move him to the 6th man slot? Do we trade him?

8. maj21

maj21 Member

I haven’t looked yet. Also, who knows who become available. You’re willing to give Harden the max?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Austin Reaves at max. Ouch. What a off-season that would mean

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Not max but fvv money sure.
    If we aren't gonna go for Harden might as well blow it on a good player that has potential to b even greater.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I would rather try our luck with Reaves rather than FVV, since if we are going for either that means we are essentially punting any hopes of play in for next season.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yep I rather pay reaves what folks are thinking about for fvv.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

He’s a solid role player but that just leaves the rockets in not much of a better position to take steps forward. It’s much different to be surrounded by kids vs a lakers team built to win now where he can fill in a gap.

if he’s the prized FA signing, we’ll I’m consider that a failure in terms of moving forward

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would give Harden 3/120, especially if we drafted Wemby

Astrodome likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

me personally, I’m not thinking of KPJ at all when making moves…only role I want to see him in next season is a bench scorer one

16. maj21

maj21 Member

I think he’s gonna want more than that. What a young star becomes available and we can’t get him bc harden is eating up our cap? If the 3rd year is a team option, then i wouldn’t be as mad. Part of it is me saying **** that guy for what he did lol

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lakers just traded an absolute scrub in Russ for free agent to be D’angelo Russell, Malik Beasley who has a Team Option next year, and Jared Vanderbilt who makes peanuts…and they only needed 1 protected pick to do it

most young stars don’t hit free agency, they are traded by their team before they lose them for nothing…in that case, the Rockets have whoever they draft this year, Green, Sengun, Jabari, and the BK picks as assets

18. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah I get what you’re saying. I just wanna move on and not reopen that chapter. I would support him if he came back. I get the vision you have along with others in favor of a reunion. But **** no to FVV tho lol

Reeko likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If Rockets want to b the team saving lost souls. I wonder how much would it take to pry ja morant from the grizzlies.

20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Today's game is not news... We all know more about Harden than anyone in Brooklyn or Philadelphia. The real question is if you want Harden leading by example for the young guys on this team? Udoka is a strong personality, as opposed to Silas, but would he be enough to overcome the influence of Harden? Would Udoka and Harden be in an eternal feud? If Harden comes to Houston, how long will he even show up to games when Udoka is pushing him to do what he does not like to do.