1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You as a fan are pathetic if you want Harden back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, May 14, 2023.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Based on everything we've heard of Udoka and what he expects from his guys, Harden definitely does not fit the mold. Would be surprised if he wanted him. That would be a Stone/Fertitta move.

Stephen_A, Mathloom and red5rocket like this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The talks have nothing 2 do with you, among other idiot posters, making excuses for Harden’s HISTORY of quitting in significant playoff games. No intelligent rockets fan wants a professional quitter around a group of young guys. You seem to not understand that

Everything is right about my claims Harden’s a quitter lol. The excuse used to be by you guys "he's tired from carrying the team every night". But his time in Philly as a 2nd/3rd guy exposes that as false. He's a quitter plain & simple

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The talks have nothing 2 do with you, among other idiot posters, making excuses for Harden’s HISTORY of quitting in significant playoff games. No intelligent rockets fan wants a professional quitter around a group of young guys. You seem to not understand that

Everything is right about my claims Harden’s a quitter lol. The excuse used to be by you guys "he's tired from carrying the team every night". But his time in Philly as a 2nd/3rd guy exposes that as false. He's a quitter plain & simple

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

LMAO

FVV’s entire playoff career is a bunch of Harden game 6 and 7 type performances

5. maj21

maj21 Member

**** Harden!! He betrayed us after we defended his ass for years!!

6. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah, FVV is not it. Dude is extremely inefficient too

7. mightybosstone

I don't think it's "pathetic," but I do think it's misguided. I've flip flopped on this so many times in the last month, but in the end, I think adding a career loser to a team with an already losing mentality would be a mistake. Especially if there's a player Houston can draft or sign as a PG who's younger and doesn't command max-level dollars.

I love James, but he wants to play his brand of basketball, and I'm not sure that's conducive to developing winning habits or building up these kids in the way they should be developed. I'd rather they draft a Scott or an Amen Thompson or add a young PG via free agency or trade then double down on a past-his-prime player who has maybe 2-3 more good years left and will cripple the team's cap flexibility for years.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don’t really need luck. The talks will ramp up sooner rather than later. You act like cf’s made up
    None of this addresses what bringing harden back does. And if he does come back like credible reports have said is possible you’re welcome to stop watching. Nobody would give af

And you don’t speak for anyone but yourself. And well. That’s not saying much at all. Never has

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who do u want in free agency if we don’t get a PG in the draft?

10. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

WE CANNOT WIN ANYTHING WITH HARDEN, NOT EVEN ****.

11. maj21

maj21 Member

I’d be okay with a solid vet PG. I just don’t want us to get desperate and get tied up in a long term deal with a Harden or FVV type. We aren’t winning it all next year anyways, so I’d rather punt it to 2024

larry cook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I have also flip-flopped a lot on this one, and I think the people who do not want Harden have been right, after all.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks are just beyond reasoning with.

Winning basketball means what exactly? If your goal is winning it all, u can literally use that as an excuse to avoid grabbing any player u dislike. Dame? Nah he doesn't contribute to winning culture, cp3 ditto. This low iq stance irks me to no end.

Harden for all his faults in playoffs get unreasonable sht on regardless if he's first second third fiddle. Games where he's godlike ignored, games where be falters parroted as a choker. Man is now the 2nd/3rd option is still getting blamed for not bailing the 76ers out.

Our expectation rn is making it into playoffs, Harden at this stage of career is still able to do that in fact he's basically the one player if signed will give us the best odds of making it.

It's that simple if u want playoffs u sign the best avaliable player.

This thread brings up shtty memories where we had a bunch of dumb@$$es on here outright claimed they would rather watch us lose playing "teamball" vs iso harden winning into playoffs.

14. mightybosstone

For me, it's more about how James needs the ball to thrive and I don't think his slow, methodical offensive approach gels with what these young kids need. I'd rather they implement an offensive system with pace that encourages ball movement.

I do think James can get them to the playoffs faster, but I don't think that should be the goal. I think the goal should be developing them into a contender 4-5 years down the road. I don't think playing Harden's brand of basketball will help them accomplish that, especially when he's already at the tail end of his career.

15. riko

riko Member

You can call people names and stomp your feet and act like a self righteous individual, but at the end of the day he is coming back.

He is not coming back to be a 30 plus scorer anymore. It’s to help the kids develop along on the court. Get them a few more wins and develop the taste for wining atleast in the regular season.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yep.

Now we can debate if the cost is worth that but folks not wanting the best playmaker avaliable due to him "choking in playoffs" is just being delusional. We been basically dead fking last 3 years in a row and our youngster haven't been improving much bc of a sht pg. Nows not the time to b picky on getting a pg to help develop our youngsters.

Wasted 2 years with the stupid kpj pg experiment, I rather not watch us waste another

riko likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

U got any names?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden was bad for like 60% of the Boston series, but he is also the reason it wasn’t a sweep winning the Sixers 2 games

Harden got 2 games, why couldn’t Embiid do the same?

Harden is a loser, yet he’s never missed the playoffs and usually wins at least 1 round. This Rockets team was on the verge of being the worst team in the league for 3 straight years, something that has never been done in NBA history.

ExTexanNowEastCoast likes this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

They never do, outside of FVV they just mumble a bunch of nothings. Harden will at least get us to the play-in and let Green and Bari experience the playoffs. All their solutions end with us tanking in yet another season, but this time we don't control our picks. It is what it is though... I knew this loss would bring all the losers from the woodworks.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

At this stage of rebuilding the goal is to make it into playoffs. We aren't getting better via future drafts in the upcoming years since we owe thunders.

Yet folks would rather we reject harden to do what? Waste another year with kpj controlling the offense? Sengun to magically take over with kpj happily play second fiddle? Overpaying for an inferior pg and hope it's enough for playoffs?

It do b bring back vibes of the same dumba$$es who would rather watch losing team ball vs iso harden winning.

Ah yes folks that want to win are pathetic in wanting to bring back one of the greatest rockets that is known for dragging teams into playoffs