1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You are not alone.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Pete the Cheat

I am Pete the Cheat...and I approve this message.

2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I check the standings multiple times after we win, to bask in the glory of our spot. I check one last time before bed to feel happy.

I relentlessly look at the schedules of LACK and SAS, and live in fear of them overtaking us. I hate teams that lose to them. I mean really, is an occasional upset too much to ask for.

In the Portland series last year, I sat right below the broadcasters for Portland and screamed at them all series long. Lots of pointing. Lots of in your face looks. Lots of WTF looks back at me. The ending was misery for weeks.

I think about playoff match ups endlessly, concoct ways of playing Harden/ariza/brewer 48 minutes per game, back off that, and then figure we can AT LEAST go the whole fourth quarter with that.

I'm immediately irritated when casual fans or fans of other teamsf fail to give DMO or T Jones enough credit, or fail to acknowledge the volume and duration of injuries we have had, o r fail to give J Smith credit for being a decent shooter in a rockets uniform.

I spent part of Easter brunch parked in front of a restaurant TV sneaking peeks at Rockets v OKC.

The list goes on and on .... We all need help. If we can get past round 1, I think the team hits a stride and takes it all.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Speaking for Red Nation. I would like to see Shaq and Charles whining like babies as James Harden lifts the championship trophy. Of course the rest of us would be crying like babies.

4. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

I was there too brother. Hurt for weeks. Replayed every time out where it felt like McHale didn't have a clue. Replayed substitution patterns. Getting on the tram with all them celebrating Portland fans on the way back to the hotel was torture.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd be willing to bet that some of you here altered Easter plans for the game. Maybe even skipped Easter festivities for the big game.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I get crazy superstitious at this time of the year.

7. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Hell yeah! Great post.

8. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

The only drama in my life is sports.. And thats sayin alot since i'm married and looking for a house! My wife knows these games from april-june for the rockets mean everything to me. It dictates my emotions and mood everyday. The best sports drama is the rockets for me (above texans, astros). It really mirrors the drama of life, every play made in the final minute of the game is like meeting the deadline at work for me.. Incredible feeling all around!!

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i am here with you

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pj5zqg9sHuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I'll find myself defending the Rockets without being provoked. Or if anyone on tv casts any shade I'll start arguing with the tv. Just terrrrible.

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

my girlfriend is a real trooper, she gets it. she is so good when it comes to the rockets. watches games with me, watches my hilarious reactions and she just said to me the other day. I really get the feeling all season you didn't think it weas their year, but i feel like you have come around.

you're damn right I have, I am so excited, it consumes my every thought, I am so damn excited. we can go through anyone with James, we are going a long way

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm posting from Europa.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wait, are you saying that the Rockets DON'T consume your every thought every part of the year? Fair weather fan. ;)

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here Brother,

The feelings are ingrained...

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Live by the 3, die by the 3. Its chilched the hell out, but that really is the metric that defines this team.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My desire is to see the shade of the late, great Roy Orbison singing Pretty Woman to Steph Curry during halftime of a game seven loss to Houston in the Western Conference Finals. Yes, that would be a beautiful thing to watch.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pAyKJAtDNCw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I can't be the only one who thought of this...

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Oh GD it -- I should have read the 3rd page first...

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8 posts before you slow poke

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

No sir. My first thought when I read the title.

[​IMG]