1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yippy! Mavs lost to Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zhaozhilong, Nov 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

It's always a good thing when a western team lose to a eastern team.

I think Mavs are going to have some big problems in the locker room throughout the season.

Antoine Walker seemed to try too hard to be the "man" in the final minutes, but missing tons of shots and commiting some TOs. Is he trying to takeover Nowitzki's role or what.

And Jamison. No way is he going to be satisfied with his stats if he remains in that team. He's been the main option for too long to have to put up with this.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Maybe even more than Dirk, the Mavs could afford to lose Nash the least out of any of their players.

He is that gas that makes that offensive engine run.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Walker, 20 shots, 14 points, 9 TO's. Welcome to the western conference.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know what possessed them to go after this guy. Unless they're hoping to unload somebody by the trading deadline. If you want to win a championship, I don't think Antoine Walker is on my top 20 list of people to acquire.

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

DoD -
    Absolutely agree about Walker. IMO, it was a knee jerk reaction by Cuban to what the other Top Tier WC had previously done over the summer. Since I'm not a fan of Cuban, I'm enjoying this enormously. :D

6. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

Walker may well be a trade bait for Theo Ratliff.
    Not basing on anything in particular, just been hearing rumors.

7. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

I want the people who thought that Danny Fortson would be an asset to come out on this thread and admit it.

:p

Fortson racked up a DNP-CD. He is avg 2.8 ppg and 3.3 rpg in 9.3 mins a game. So much for him providing much of anything for the Mavs.

:rolleyes:

8. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Dallas will go NOWHERE for this simple reason...

They don't have enough good role players. all the championship teams thru the years have them and the Mavs don't. Barkley said it best during the TNT halftime show that whoever is not getting their usual stats are not going to play defense and do the little things needed to win.

9. yaopao

People seem to think that Jamison and Walker's 20 ppg will remain, while the rest of the Mavs big 3 score their usual 20-25 too. As they say, "there's only 1 ball". Sadly, the Mavs only have 1 ball too.

:p

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

speaking of one ball i always thought it would be cool in sports to have more then one ball especically in the nba or nhl.

and also BIGGER goals in soccer, and 3 boxers in the ring instead of 2.

i like the boxing one the best.

11. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Well, Lakers' dream team seems to be working fine.

I suppose you should only assemble a "dream" team out of veteran stars who have already achieved their peak and wanting only to win, and not a "dream" team out of prospective stars still in the process of trying achieve their peak.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The Maverick's biggest strength used to be their team chemistry. They're going to have to build it over from scratch now.

Nash is probably the one guy they can't do without right now. Pretty lame, 'cause I'd much rather the Texas teams do well than the Coasters, but at least the Rockets might have a chance against them this year. 0-4 against Dallas last year was humiliating.

13. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

The reason Boston traded Walker is the exact same reason why he'll hurt dallas: he thinks he's the best player on the floor. key word being thinks. he's delusional. he's trigger-happy, and he doesnt excel in any one facet of the game.

14. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

hahahaha...too damn funny.

15. yaopao

Because they don't take stupid shots, and play some semblance of defense, have the best coach in the NBA, and have arguably the best PG, SG, and C in the game.

Only Dirk is a franchise player on the Mavs.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Difference between "dream team" and a "dreaming team.";)

btw- the Mavs lost to the Wizards then the Raptors back-to-back... local media up here claims "this is a work in progress, and may take some time." Already bailing here in Dallas with the Mavs now at 3-3.

Dallas... such a fickle town. Reminds me of this board.;)

So early... (but I hope they go way under .500 including losing to HOUSTON at the game I'll be at next Thurs. at the AAC!!)

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i thought he would do some good for the mavs. i still think he is a god big man that can bang. if he is healthy. i do not know why the mavs wanted Walker. i think walker isn't a good player

18. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

The guy has 0.333 3pt % and 0.413 % fg career and he thinks he deserves MAX contract? (No defense either mind you.)

Only a lame ass team and a fool for a coach would want to pay more than 8mil a year. Dallas got his expiring contract to get rid of Lafrentz, and just maybe as a bait to get a cheaper more defensive orientated player.

And dammit he's taking away Dirk's fantasy points!!! Bench Walker!

19. yaopao

Don Nelson doesn't want big men who can bang though. If he did, he would have brought in Brian Grant for NVE last year. Even if Fortson is useful (which I don't think), Nelson would rather have PFs who can shoot.

Fortson has never been able to do all that much. I still don't know why people think he's so great.