1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ygnition/Dish Network Sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I just moved into an apartment. Before that, I lived in a House for a couple years that had Comcast Digital (HD DVR). Before that, I don't remember what service I had, but it was fine. The apartments I moved in only allow Ygnition cable, which is Dish Network, at least for the HD DVR. My God, this is the worst receiver I can imagine! The first DVR they installed was defective, it would only record 1 show at a time, and randomly start and stop the shows it was recording. The 2nd DVR I just got works, but 1/2 the time doesn't record what I want. So many complaints I have about it, I don't feel like listing them all.

Moral of the story, don't get Ygnition/dish network if you have the choice.

2. Depressio

Depressio Member

I'm stuck with Ygnition for internet.

From 6pm to 1am, Youtube cannot stream without significant time buffering. It's sad.

3. LFE171

LFE171 Member

My DVR likes to freeze up and turn off whenever the hell it wants. I got my apartment at a great deal, but man...if I move out to another complex and they also lock me into Ygnition...that'll be a huge deal breaker.

Ygnition blows donkey balls. I can empathize with ya.

4. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Member

My Dish Network Dvr works just fine. I have the confidence of knowing that I will watch my favorite shows when I get home from work. I've had the same receiver for about two years and it's never failed me.

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Love my DirecTV.

6. HeyDude

HeyDude Member

come cry to me when you're stuck with TV Max like I am. I've had Ygnition in the past and it is like heaven compared to TV Max :(

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I tried to get DirecTV, but I couldnt get a good enough signal for HD :(

8. youknowme

youknowme Member

I've had 5 different HD DVR's from Dish Network in the span of 10 months. The HDMI ports went bad on 2 of them, while the other 2 had hard drive issues.

9. sammy

sammy Member

Weird. Our HD DVR has been working fine for a couple of years. In fact, we can record on one of the tv's downstairs as well without any wires.

10. Rockets007

Rockets007 Member

I guess i'm just lucky!! I've had a Dish HD DVR for over 3 years without any problems!!

11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Im in Dallas and to get League Pass I had to get Ygnition who supplies Dish Network to my complex. They dont have a way to give you League Pass and Fox Sports at the same time......Its pathetic.....and the internet sucks bad.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Two main questions I ever ask before moving:

1. Can I get satellite or Uverse?
    2. Can I grill on the balcony?

If the answer to either question is "no" then the search continues.

BTW I've had Dish Network, DirecTV and Uverse and never had problems with any of those.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that it's against the law for apartments to restrict you from getting a dish on your balcony. You just need to face S-SW.

EDIT: Yep. Print this out and bring it to the apt manager: LINK