1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another Kevin Love hand injury could create an opportunity (UPDATE: Love re-fractures hand)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BeeBeard, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Al Jefferson

[​IMG]

2. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

One of the best hookers (lol) of all time, our very own Yao Ming:

[​IMG]

3. amaru

amaru Member

Overrated player putting up gaudy numbers on a losing team for the majority of his career. ( Yes they have a winning record this season)

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I don't think a PF that is an athletic freak will help much on the offensive end because he would then clog the lane which prevents Harden and Lin from penetrating the defense. A guy like Love would stretch the offense out, which creates opportunities for Lin and Harden to penetrate and create...

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I'd take no other player poor on defense anymore if we have to lose one of our core players. Not one. Harden gets a pass cuz he's boss and we need a superstar type give me the ball and I'll score this last possession guy and who can score like nobody's business.

6. nimzoray

nimzoray Member

I would prefer getting Josh Smith without losing any of our core players over Kevin Love and losing a couple of them (Probably Asik and Parsons).

If I remember correctly, last season when the Hawks lost All Stars Joe Johnson and Al Horford to injuries, JSmoove carried the team to the playoffs. On the other hand, the Wolves lost Ricky Rubio and it was all downhill from there.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Before this injury-riddled season (with an 18.4 PER, how disgraceful), the dude put up two years of AVERAGING 39% from the 3pt line. PER's those years were 24.3 and 25.4.

He also happens to be 6'11 with a CAREER average of 13.8 rebounds per 36 minutes. For perspective, Omer Asik is leading the NBA this year at 13.9 rebounds per 36.

If you think Kevin Love is just a flash in the pan, you sir must be taking CRAZY PILLS.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

if the rockets want to break the bank, it would be nice if they had a shot at lamarcus aldridge instead. LA destroys Love in their head to heads.

9. SunsRocketsfan

hmmm I think high class hookers will usually run you a few thousand.. may have to ask this guy though

[​IMG]

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Let's trade our superstar in tweets Royce White for this damaged good.;)

11. Arthurprescott2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Injury Report: An MRI today revealed that <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Twolves">#Twolves</a> All-Star @<a href="https://twitter.com/kevinlove">kevinlove</a> has re-fractured the third metacarpal on his right hand.</p>&mdash; Timberwolves PR (@Twolves_PR) <a href="https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/status/287695857632018432" data-datetime="2013-01-05T23:03:32+00:00">January 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Again? Kevin Love should change his name to "Metacarpal World Peace."

1 person likes this.
  13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Kevin Love breaks his hand. Again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BREAKING: Love has re-fractured the third metacarpal on his right hand.</p>&mdash; Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) <a href="https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda/status/287696520835375106" data-datetime="2013-01-05T23:06:10+00:00">January 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's "breaking" news alright.

I thought that team would get it together and be a playoff team... not looking good now.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/185760231.html

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I would never do that deal. The value of Parsons is sky high because of that contract and Asik is probably one of the more valuable non-star players in the league. I'm all for trading for Love but not with either of those two guys.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's a shame for them.

Still wish we could make a 3-team deal and snag the guy, even if it screws up our chemistry this season. Get him, build around him later.

Won't happen, but one can always jerk off a bit, imagining.

But I wouldn't give up Parsons or Asik. Hence, not happening.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rick Adelman's bad injury luck continues from his HOU days to the current location.

17. Convictedstupid

Shame for the Wolves. I like them. I like Love despite him face stomping Scola. Wish they could have make the playoffs (with a lower seed than us of course).

I would also love to somehow nab Love from them.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Rockets are playing the playoffs. Who would you guys want to face? Clips, Spurs, or Thunder? I want to face the Clips. Spurs & Thunder scare me. Clips don't.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

More like Metacarpal Wired Pieces.

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

This is (good??) news to teams willing to speculate on Love:

Though they did an admirable job hanging around at the start of the season without their best players available, Minnesota no doubt realizes that there are no playoffs without Kevin Love. There's no playoff contention, there's no playoff seed. There's nothing. Healthier teams are going to edge them out for a 7th-8th seed. If they stay the course, their season is basically shot.

This may make Minnesota even more amenable to parting with Love this season. If he is right on schedule with the timetable for his return, his impact from here on out would be for about 18-24 regular season games. By that time, a playoff seed would be basically lost to them in the highly competitive West.

Minnesota may realize they have to act fast if they want to salvage their season, and might want to flip Love for able-bodied players who can help them do so, as well as picks or prospects who can help them down the road.

I stand by my original conjecture: This may represent an historic opportunity for the Rockets to get ahead of the Kevin Love race before his offer year.