1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YEARS I have wanted bigs that can shoot the 3....YEARS!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Funny thing about Anderson is that he gets made fun of a lot, but he has an amazing life. He is healthy, young, attractive, smart.... has 100 million dollars, has a stunning wife that adores him, kids and he basically just travels all the time with a huge **** eating grin.

[​IMG]

DeBeards, Richie_Rich, Y2JT and 10 others like this.
  2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Coboclo can shoot? Since when?

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Christian Wood is okay. I miss David Andersen, he was a monster stretch 5.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

As always, I’m interested to see how the league adjusts. Give it a few games and we’ll see some new schemes. If the rockets can counter those, then we’re in business

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But he has height . Which is something we completely lacked last year

Patience likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

There are some things that they can try to do such as cutting him off in transition or bumping him in the lane, but with his natural ability there isn't a lot they can do as long as he hit's open 3's. If I were going to try to limit his effectiveness I would go at him hard on the defensive end and see if I could fluster him.

D-rock likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The beautiful thing is. The more attention he is given, the less is given to Harden.

He's the first player since first year CP3 that teams will want to focus their game plan against other than Harden.

Harden finally has a running mate that fits his game again and the thing is, he's only the fourth highest paid guy on the roster.

Wall, House and Gordon are going to be big benefactors to teams focusing so heavily on those two.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Right, and with Wall the Rockets have another natural point guard on the floor. Westbrook would get assists from just sheer usage, but he isn't the ball handler and doesn't have the court vision that Wall has. Also Wall isn't always looking to score first and unlike Westbrook, he will move off ball and can actually shoot open shots.

Richie_Rich, IvanLCPM, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

If the Rockets weren't so hated by the league for whatever reason he would of flourished. He had an amazing quick release and was a decent team defender. Those 3 consecutive phantom foul calls against him while guarding Curry was the nail on the coffin for his career. My favorite championship front court for this team era would have been prime sane D.Howard, Anderson, Ariza and Capela.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

At the very least, even though Wall isn't historically active off ball, he's on the record of saying he will move off ball and he's also on the record of saying he want to do whatever it takes to make it work. We never heard that kind of speak from Russ, who basically said he had no idea what to do next to James when isolation happened.

Silas getting James to buy in to his system will extend his career at least 3 years at an elite level. I'm talking MVP level at 36.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DD curse coming for Boogie, Wood and Bruno.

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, Sanctity, HP3 and 8 others like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

you know I’m actually going to go out on a limb and say I agree.

maybe not with the bigs your talking about other than Wood I think he was a great get even before last night.

Iv wanted a AD type player next to harden the whole time. (No I don’t think wood is as good as AD)

wood can legit get 20/10 playing next to harden even clint in his best year avg 17 next to harden.

I like boogie and cabolo but their both unknowns for dif reasons but so far they look solid as backups and depth.

how funny is it that as soon as Morey is gone we get bigs again. The small ball him and MDA were running were getting annoying.

I’m with you on not trading Harden yet but if he really really wants out it better be for Simmons anything less I’ll be very pissed. I don’t even care about draft picks.

Wood and Simmons is a nice building block them running pick and roll would be very deadly then try and dump Gordon and wall to free up cap space and go get the best scoring/shooting gaurd on the market and the team would be right back in contention for years.

but I would like to see Harden stay finish his career here and give it a go win or lose on a championship if just like Harden to stay and retire here in sick of all the Player movement.

id have alot of respect for Harden even if he didn’t bring a title to houston if he stayed and retired here.

I do think if crossing my fingers everyone stays healthy (mainly boogie) that this team is very different and deep and fits Harden like a glove. Wall looks the exact same to me and his shooting so far looks like his 37% 3 point shooting year which would be a major upgrade over Westbrook. Then just the depth is different maybe it’s the coach he’s just willing to play younger talented guys and I like it.

I like the Wood he needs a lot of help on defense he’s lost off ball but offensively I don’t have a worry in the world about that I would be shocked if he’s not the second leading scorer and the leading rebounder on this team with or without Harden.

His offense is legit for a big he can do it all for a 5 he’s like a clint with better touch but can also dribble and shoot the 3 at atleast 35%.

I also like his little Jab and then shooting the midrange very KD like he has a very nice looking shot from 18 feet out. It def looks more smooth than his 3 point shots if I’m being honest.

I also have to give EG a shout out he’s looks in great shape and played really well this preseason. He’ll be great of the bench if this continues.

House looks good PJ he’s a rugged vet that can defend and hit a 3 pointer not the best fit but not complaining about him getting min cause I still think he can defend and do the dirty work.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This. The guy has had some MAJOR ups & downs in his life but all & all has it pretty good. But he's soft on the court but tough as nails in real life.

D-rock, htownrox1, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wrong Andersen breh

Richie_Rich and Patience like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I miss David Andersen too his TD celebrations were MONEY for the Texans!

Richie_Rich and aelliott like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

He will move off ball. He is used to being the primary ball handler so he hasn't had to share often in the past. There were some dry periods with Harden and Wall in the first Spurs game but Wall moved off ball and got a couple open looks. More surprising was that Harden was moving off ball a couple times and got a couple easy baskets from Wall passes.

HP3 and treyk3 like this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's sad a guy named Boogie can't roll. Life's not fair.

HP3 likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Vegas is assuming harden gets traded, if that’s actually what they’re predicting. 538 has us as a 5th seed in the West. You don’t seem to know much about basketball; why are you posting here?

D-rock likes this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Good for him that he has found love again and started a family. I think his ex girl friend committed suicide, she was on the Bachelor at some point and it made the news everywhere at the time.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

true but he could not clog the lane and play D.

DD