1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[YCT at it again] Conservative Group to Hold Mock Immigration Sting at UT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jayhow92, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Give me examples where Asians benefit more than whites. Hint: you probably can't. I'm all for a reasonable AA debate. A publicity stunt by intellectually inferior idealogues doesn't promote debate. For the record, this uproar is overblown in my opinion. They're not worth the time or energy. Just some idiots crying for attention.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If there was no AA and it was all merit based. Then Asians would take a lot more slots than white people.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

These guys are ridiculous. I remember back at Texas A&M, the Aggie Democrats were having an anti-war protest, and YCT decided to do an "anti-anti-war protest" right across the way, and I was asked to join. I opted to go join up with the Aggie Democrats' protest. The problem with the "conservative movement" is that they don't really have a philsophy. They simply oppose whatever the Democrats are doing, even when it makes them like like a bunch of xenophobic morons. If these guys were really supporters of more economic freedom, they wouldn't be supporters of a military-like border that's servicing to limit an increased labor supply and pressure on wages to come down.

4. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

well lets see shouting down Anne Coulter an invited guest..
    Harassing a minuteman speaker
    Harassing General Peterus on campus grounds..list goes on and on...but don't mind me continue to live in ignorance.

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Yet you yourself are outspoken about your political beliefs. :confused:

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Asians are a small enough percentage in some parts of the country that in academic selection processes that employ affirmative action, there might not be enough Asian candidates to be statistically over-representative, and whites are more likely to be harmed. Furthermore, academic proficiency doesn't directly correlate to professional qualifications; so in work placements whites could consistently be more likely to suffer from affirmative action policies than Asians. And none of this speaks to the validity of the protest.

Protest acts are not meant to exhaustively argue or prove a political argument, they are specifically designed to draw attention to a particular viewpoint and prompt additional inquiry from as broad an audience as possible. They serve the same exact purpose of commercial advertising in that they are trying to get strangers to emotionally react to and inquire about a product, not functionally or intellectually appraise and validate it.

7. False

False Member

8. Raven

Raven Member

Counter productive trolling, yet Republicans wonder why they keep losing the youth vote. There are valid concerns about chain migration and our skyrocketing population, but this sort of gotcha grandstanding exhaust any opportunity for having a civil discussion on that matter, one that serves common sense not wall street or activist.

9. Raven

Raven Member

And Jews would take more than Asians. Whatever. AA needs to be based on economic status not race, but the issue is so heated, it's impossible to have a mature discussion on it.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

History will not look back kindly on the wingnut era.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

are there any other countries that let illegal aliens go to college?

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

And there goes the glimmer of hope for a future GOP with reason and legitimate conservative alternatives.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sorry.
    Outspoken = wrong word.
    I meant demonstrative and harassing.
    Its one thing arguing about it in a FORUM dedicated to debate and discussion.

Its different when I'm walking down the street and some jackass is shoving his political/religious ideology in my face.
    I'm outspoken here. In public I know nobody cares about my ideology and vice versa.