1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yay McFail's Back!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by asmith8266, Dec 8, 2012.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

God.

This loss has got his freaking fingerprints all over it. HORRIFIC sub patterns, sticking with players for too long and not making any adjustments whatsoever, calling a timeout and then not even running a play out of said timeout -- the list goes on and on. This guy has to be the worst in game coach in the entire league, possibly that I have ever witnessed. Look, I understand his daughter died and that's some screwed up stuff and I'm really trying not to anonymously roast the guy on an Internet Superfan Forum... BUT STILL! This is inexcusable from a professional coach. And no, this isn't about Lin sitting on the bench for the fourth. Though that makes no sense either. I get it -- Douglas was in the game to guard Mayo and he did a bang up job in the 2nd quarter... but dude was TORCHING Douglas in the 4th. So why is he even in the game? And then McFail goes small ball and puts Patterson at the 5 because that worked so well last year, right?!?! Small ball is 4 guards and a big man that can rebound. Patterson's worst attribute (and, in my opinion, what renders him particularly worthless) is his inability to corral more than 5 boards a game. How is this man supposed to guard Brendan Wright?! HOW?!

It's funny because the entire time Sampson was leading the squad I never felt the need to second guess him. He never came off as particularly incompetent or extremely competent -- the guy just seemed to know what he was doing. It was a feeling. And never, not once, did I scream and yell and want to throw my computer through a window. Sure we lost some tough games but never because Sampson screwed us (okay maybe the Blazers game in Portland but nevertheless). We lost because of youth and inexperience and that was acceptable.

This isn't acceptable, peoples!

2 people like this.
  2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Agree but this post couldve been lumped with the official fire Mcfail...thread...Mchale confuses me...alot

3. Swaggerific

Swaggerific Member

I have to agree with you. My boy Sampson is a G.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

LOF's are now wishing for Sampson?. looool

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lin is doing just as bad...nothing to do about LOF or LOH...but he deserved to be on the floor down the stretch...

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Over who? Not Harden and Douglas played better.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Over Delfino...Lin Douglas and Harden combo looked decent...shouldve gone back to that down the stretch with eithher GSmith or Asik in the middle...

8. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Freaking.
    Stars.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

How about posting in the five other mchale threads?

10. jocar

jocar Member

Do you really have to mention "LOF" in every post of yours? It's gettin really fkin annoying.

11. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Ok I feel better now.

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I guess he wouldn't have much to say if he didn't...

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have to say...McHale is pretty bad.

14. grunky

grunky Member

Well said. I'm serious when I say, 5-stars! Geez I cannot stand McHale. He is the worst coach in sports (on any level).

15. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Thank you, sir.

And of course he is -- dude gets by because he's perceived as a nice guy (which is probably is). No one wants to crap all over the nice guy. At least not publicly or to his face.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Delfino was stretching the floor with his shot. Even his misses were in and outs.Delfino, Douglas, Parsons and Harden are the reasons why the Rockets got back into the game.

17. nomangame

nomangame Member

Sigh.......give the guy a break man......his daughter just passed away and still there's all this hate.....did I join clutchfans to see such stuff? Seriously.....any bit of respect around here?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I for one don't think it's all his faults. But the guy is obviously not the reason for this team's success. I don't care if we make the playoffs as long as better players are signed or traded for.

19. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Adelman was a sweet coach.

20. allanivan

allanivan Member

THis:grin::grin: