1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yates Lions 66 game win streak over!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets247, Dec 16, 2010.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

not gonna lie, I didn't mind seeing Yates get clowned by 28 in their own backyard. A dose of humility is needed, at times.

2. jonjon

jonjon Member

Nope... He stays off of Scott and Wheeler.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude,
    Shai Fields previously played at Pearland
    Maurice Letcher-Ellis previously played at Cy Springs, (UIL ruled in his Case)
    Damyeon-Dotson previously played at Madison,
    Charles Bennett previously played at Milby

They all suddenly decide come to Yates?
    Look I'm not naive enough to believe that "recruiting" doesn't occur (T.J Ford & Ronnie Courtney’s Willowridge bunch comes to mind), but call it what it is. Yates football team hasn't been relevant outside of HISD for 17 or 18 years, and the reason given most of the time is that most people are MOVING OUT OF THIRD WARD! So all of sudden these kids are moving in? You have to admit it is a bit smelly. I don't think the school is paying these guys or anything stupid like that and these kids are regulars on the AAU circuit so they don't need Yates for scholarships, but everyone knows the kind of love those guys received last year and kids want that.
    The biggest pushback they received is when Wise decided he wanted to beat those defenseless HISD schools by 100 points and say well that’s just how we play. Please spare me the competition aspect of it, playing hard all the through no matter if you humiliate your opponent. It’s black on black crime. Defenders than say well that’s just sports and if you don’t like it “get better” and stop them. But Yates has been spared embarrassment in athletics in the past. I recall during the 2006 football during La Marque's title run the beat Yates 46-0 & it was 36-0 at halftime. Head coach Bryan Erwin called off the dogs or that game could have easily been 80-0.

It makes me laugh when people defend Wise and wonder why some people "hate" on him. So you recruit from all over the city (when it’s supposedly against the rules) run up the score and then wonder everyone doesn't love you? He should've kept it on the low, won his games and moved on. Few would’ve asked a ton of questions.

Findlay plays by a different set of rules than the (UIL) and had a better team. That being said Yates is still a state title contender but shouldn't look for everyone in town to love them given how they were put together and given Wise's views on sportsmanship. ;)

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't care but you're going around saying FAIL! when you're the one that failed.

5. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Cared enough to respond, IDIOT.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

I see you also aren't reading what I'm writing. If I live in Pearland can I not move to Houston? If I live in Pearland can I not go live with my brother/aunt/uncle who loves in Houston? You guys are making it seem like it's hard to gain residence in the HISD zone.

As far as the rest of your post, as I asked the other poster if your son was a 3rd stringer would you want him to sit around and play stall ball every time he got on the court because the other team wasn't prepared?

7. jonjon

jonjon Member

Zing...

Sike

8. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

ANOTHER IDIOT.

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I know right! He posted this thread in the wrong forum and instead of just saying "whoops, my bad" or something he got all butt hurt and defensive and started berating people like the jealous, insecure failed HS basketball coach and/or jealous failed high school basketball player that he obviously is!

;)

10. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Who cares? Keep your thong out of your butt move on. You're crying like a little kid who got punched in the stomach and got his milk money stolen.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I don't think they mind that much with a National title and back-to-back state titles. What team wouldn't mind getting beat with that hardware as a trade-off?

13. val_modus

val_modus Member

Senior playin ball for Fort Bend Travis, watch out for us, we're goin for that 5A State title

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

BTW, u guys forgot Fagan who previously played for Fort Bend Austin, he didnt legally get zoned to Yates, hes a friend of mine, his parents bought an apartment in 3rd ward under his older brother's name, he never lived there... however they investigated and found out this apartment was empty, he lives there by himself now that hes 18... dont get it wrong, what they're doing is simply finding loopholes in the system, complete bs if you ask me, a highschool basketball player who is on a team with a legit chance at a state title

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Its amazing how butt hurt some of you are getting over a high school basketball team. "Humility" in sports is overrated

16. Two Sandwiches

Not to offend anyone, but this thread is entertaining. In a special olympics sort of way...

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yates getting beat is always good. They recruit players and field a squad way to sick for public school. They usually play teams that are completely overmatched, and then they run up the score while acting like jackasses the whole way.

Yates shouldn't get to play a regular public school schedule. They should play a full 5A/Prep School Schedule and stop picking on schools like Davis and Austin. If they did that i might have some respect for them.

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i still dont understand what all the whining was about. this is the greatest hs basketball team to come out of texas. schools on the east coast scout players all the time. if yates used a loophole then fine. patch up the loophole or shut up. Greg Wise was my old Middle School coach at Revere and im happy to see him succeed. if they dont want the score run up then implement a mercy rule and end the game early. if you tell kids not to play hard then you end up with rasheed wallace. guy shouldve been 10x what he was.

happy for Yates, proud they are representing Texas and even prouder that they represent Houston

so any of these players worth drafting? rockets need all the help we can get

19. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

What proof do you have to make this allegation?

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Bingo.