1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yates Lions 66 game win streak over!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets247, Dec 16, 2010.

1. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

I understand what you mean but the problem is you can't tell your 3rd stringers to take it easy when they are in the game...they work just as hard as the 1st and 2nd stringers..imagine yourself as a hs student playing the game you love and you enter a blow out game(as a 3rd stringer)...you're gonna play your ass off cause you're happy to be in there..then its yates 3rd stringers vs the other team 3rd stringers...both will be out there competing regardless of the score..its just whats natural as an athlete...

2. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

So if someone lives in San Antonio and decided to make the drive to Yates to play basketball, it is okay? Bullcrap. The UIL rule is that an athlete must establish residence in the area in order to attend a certain school he is zoned too. Moe Letcher Ellis is zoned to Cy Springs and is going to Yates... that is CHEATING.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*IF* yates is recruiting . . .what would be the penalty for such a thing?

Rocket River
    I would suspect someone would have busted them by now. . .
    esp after their school got a 100 pt beat down.

4. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

The reason why this happens is because if your any good at basketball you would end up at Yates, Wheatley, Bellaire or Madison.

If you suck, you end up at Davis, Lee or Scarborough.

The penalty is depending on the UIL. Since the UIL doesn't investigate this recruiting situation by Yates, what good are they for? I am done harping on Yates for recruiting, my point is there are some districts in Houston that will turn their schools into UIL for recuriting, what is fair for one should be fair for ALL in that case, which leads to another point... WHAT GOOD IS UIL IF AT LEAST THEY CAN'T OPEN AN INVESTIGATION ON SCHOOLS LIKE YATES AND BELLAIRE.

Tobi Oyedigi (spelling?), who died after dropping his girlfriend off at her house on the way back to FORT BEND, attended Bellaire HS. Bellaire should be investigated too.

5. leebigez

leebigez Member

I graduated from la marque in 1990 and clear lake and clear creek tried to get me and another player to coem to their school every year. Every year, they always had some new 6'8 kid we never played against before. Don't think alot of schools recruit for different reasons. Krueger is one of the all time winningest high school coaches in the country and he used to recruit, close the gym in the summers all the time.

6. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Damn dude, did this Moe fella take your girlfriend or something? Your resentment looks to be kinda personal or you really just like typing his entire name.

7. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Moe did NOTHING personal towards me, just stating the facts.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

I see you read nothing I wrote. Do you have PROOF that a kid is not living in HISD and going to Yates? If so we would love to see it. If not then stop posting this garbage. You do realize that my parents can live in Missouri City, my uncle or sister can live in the HISD zone....and I can live with them and attend any HISD school that I can get into due to it's open enrollment? You do realize this, right? My nephew moved with me...from another city...to attend a Engineering Magnet school in HISD. His parents don't live in Houston. I do, therefore he can attend the HISD school. There is nothing illegial about that as he actually lives with me. And per the law, he doesn't even have to live with me for the entire year or school year if you want to get technical about it. For example, if a relative lives with you for only more than half of the year then you can claim them as a dependant on your taxes, assuming you meet other criteria. But the point is even for tax reasons a kid only has to be living with you for half of the year.

I am not naive enough to think no school recruits kids from other parts of the Houston area to attend their school. With that being said, you shouldn't be naive enough to think that someone from Cy Springs can't reside with a relative in HISD during the school year.

9. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

The kid lives in Bear Creek Plantation subdivision. It is zoned to Cy Springs.

10. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Yall can have Moe, I have a feeling he will fold under Wise. He is all POTENTIAL and he is a junior. He won't get much better than what he is now.

11. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Yep. It's personal.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Genius that means high school football not all high school sports.

13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

14. Convictedstupid

Did you look at any other thread in this forum?

15. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I couldn't care less.

16. Mattj

Mattj Member

The UIL has no teeth. All the successful teams recruit. Wise's own son played at 3 different high schools when he was in school. (Hightowes, Cinco Ranch, Kingwood). Willowridge recruited when TJ Ford was there and actually got busted once and had to forfeit 28 games. TJ lived in Baytown and Ivan McFarlin lived across the street from me. Neither was in the Willowridge attendance zone. You basicly have AAU coaches that make sure that all of their players are placed at certain schools and the UIL does nothing about it. Let's not single out Yates though. Bellaire's entire baseball team wants to take Advanced Russian? I doubt it. There are tons of football players that should be at Mayde Creek and end up at Katy. This cheating is rampant, but no one cares.

17. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Member

Maybe Ivan didn't want to go play for Dulles. Willowridge isn't that far away. :p

#57 Chilly_Pete, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  18. Mattj

Mattj Member

No one would choose to go to school at Willowridge over Mighty Big D!

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

JY class of 95 !!!! I'm late but Yates gonna be alright...Still gonna whip azzez by 100 and still gone be nationally ranked by the end of the season...But to all the Coach Wise haterz....this is no different than what Katy football does or what Bellaire Baseball program does ...and thats whip azz ...gain national attention by whippin azz...and winning titles by whippin azz...

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Again I ask....for the third time....do you have PROOF that he does not have a relative in HISD that he can reside with during the school week/year? You do realize this is within the rules right? A twisted way to get around it, but perfectly legal.

I'm waiting for some support. And again, I don't believe that local high school kids don't recruit players. But I do realize that it's not hard to find a completely legal way to get inside HISD's zone.

#60 Icehouse, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010