1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yates Lions 66 game win streak over!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets247, Dec 16, 2010.

1. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Cheating brought you guys a national championship, but it has nothing to do with the success of sports teams? GTFO.

2. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Nope, right forum.

Yates is a "high school".

Therefore, this is a "Football: NFL, College, High School" forum.

FAIL.

3. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

*Recruiting has nothing to do with the success of their sports teams

4. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

Um how did they cheat? Pressing? lol So did Austin cheat when they kick yates ass in baseball or soccer??

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Football: NFL, College, High School

6. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Recruiting is "ILLEGAL" in high school sports.

If yall dont recuit, how did Moe Letcher Ellis end up at Yates from Cy Springs? Hmmmm

7. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Cheating is when you recruit a player that is zoned to another school to come play for Yates. Austin is predominantly hispanic, therefore (not racist), one would expect them to beat Yates in soccer. If they recruit or not, I don't know, but one thing I know is when you have to CHEAT TO EXCEL IN SPORTS instead of getting HONORED ON A NATIONAL LEVEL WITH EDUCATIONAL AWARDS, IT AIN'T SAYING MUCH FOR YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICT.

8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

You've got to be kidding. You would have a much shorter list if you named schools that didn't "recruit". I guess next you're gonna tell us that we cheat cause we palm the ball too.

9. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

How am I kidding? What is the UIL for then? Answer my question... how did Moe Letcher Ellis, who lives by Cy Springs end up going to Yates??? CHEATING.

10. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

So, since a student wanted to attend Yates from the cy-springs area it's called recruiting?? lol I wonder what Yates promise their recruits? free lunch? lmao So anyone who lives outside the zone of Hspva cant attend b/c they want too? I went to High school for law enforcement and cj before I went to jy...guess since I was zoned to yates or austin I didnt have the right to attend that school

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is Cy Springs in HISD?

Rocket River

12. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Cy Springs is Cy-Fair ISD.

13. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

Exactly. So Yates a predominantly Black school you would expect them to trash schools in football and basketball...you're not racist, my point is different races excell at different sports..so someone from the outside see a 125-58 score of Yates beating Austin would cry foul and ask them to EASE up...On the other hand you don't see the same people cry about Austin beating Yates 27-0 in baseball...Their is no claiming of recruiting or asking Austin to EASE up!

14. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

You can go to either one, Yates or Austin, in your case. Technically, your suppose to attend the high school you are zoned too.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Actually Yates proved that even though they are up big, their players (typically 2nd and 3rd stringers) can still come in the game and execute the game plan instead of goofing around and not taking the game seriously from start to finish. We typically tell our athletes to play hard until the end, right? And as I've mentioned when this has come up in the past, if we are playing a competitive game and I put my 2nd and 3rd stringers in....guys who bust their butts for me in practice....then don't expect me to put them in and tell them to ease up and not go over what we practice just because your team isn't as good or isn't prepared. That isn't fair to my kids. If you want us to pussyfoot around with you then just forfeit. You quit....don't make me have my backups quit.

As far as tonight's game goes, I'm not shocked that the team lost. They played a national prep school (that really does recruit) and more than half of last years JY team graduated. Yates players are from the Houston area and HISD schools have open enrollment as long as your kid can get into the school and you can provide transportation. So Yates doesn't "recruit" any more than any other high school in Houston. I live in 3rd Ward and was "recruited" to go to high school way in Acres Homes.

No offense, but you don't seem to know how the zoning rules work with HISD. If I live in Spring and my aunt lives in Houston and I go live with her then I am zoned in HISD. My nephew moved with me for high school from West Texas and was immediately zoned in HISD because he was living with me. So unless you have done some research and have some legit proof of a kid on the team that currently resides outside of HISD that goes to JY then please stop posting this garbage. If you have some proof we would love to see it.

16. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

Because hisd has a lot of overlapping schools..Austin is only a few miles down the street from Yates...I pretty muched lived in the middlel of them...

17. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I have no idea how he got there. Perhaps he did what SO MANY others beore him have done and "found" residence with a relative in a nearby zip code. I'm not condoning if true. Just being real about it. For you to act as though this would be an isolated incident is laughable. Do you mail checks to HPD whenever you exceed 55 too? Fyi......my friend's son wants to attend Katy in 2012 to play ball but they live in Cy-Fair. I'll try to keep you posted just in case you need to make a new thread.

18. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I agree on your point of Austin winning 27-0 with it being BS. What you Yates fans should understand is that Wise is doing this mercy free. He has no heart, no pity, no nothing. While schools like Davis are terrible at basketball, the kids try to give Yates a competitive game and their reward?? Lose by 100? See what I am saying? People could care less if Yates wins 1 million games in a row, what makes people angry is what Wise is telling the media saying "We are just trying to get better, we ain't where we wanna be yet" crap beating Davis by 105. I understand that it isn't a match with Davis against Yates, but when your up 30, stop pressing and work on things for blowout situations such as a zone or a man not press being up 60. If you win that way, then nothing else I can say. I didn't know Austin cheats and yeah same thing, they should play their lesser experienced players being up by that much. No excuse for that whatsoever.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

The funny thing is as long as the kid does love with that relative then it's ok. And you are correct, that happens at pretty much every school and not just for athletics. It's laughable for someone to claim JY is cheating when they are in a district with open enrollment. I guess folks can't move from outside of the city into HISD. I guess folks can't have relatives that live in other parts of the city, i.e. within HISD. Etc... :rolleyes:

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Why should we stop pressing because we are kicking your butt? If you don't want us to fully play then why don't you just forfeit?

As far as getting better, your 2nd and 3rd string players need to be prepared in case someone gets injured or in case the majority of your team graduates (which did kinda happen) and they need to be ready to ball in the following season. So I am supposed to lose a yr of my kids development in my system because the other teams suck? How is that fair to my 2nd and 3rd string kid who only gets to play when we are blowing people out? Why am I having him bust his ass in practice to get in the game and play stall ball? If that were your child would you want to see them just pass the ball around and stall everytime they got in game because the other team is worse or not well prepared?

I'm not going to penalize my kids because they are better. If you don't want us to play then don't ask me to have my kids beat around the bush...just forfeit.