1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yates Lions 66 game win streak over!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets247, Dec 16, 2010.

1. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I, for one am all in support of high school athletics being played in the right way, form and fashion. Yates clearly doesn't do that. They recruit and cheat and tonight, they had their 66 game win streak broken by Findlay Prep by 28 at TSU. It felt good to see head coach Greg Wise's face for Yates looking miserable for once, so he could feel a small feeling of what it is like to be beat and humiliated like he was tonight at TSU.

Yates recruits, which is against UIL regulations.

Last, it is NOTHING but UNPROFESSIONAL to beat a WAY LESSER TALENTED TEAM by 100 and tell the media, "We want to keep getting better, that is basketball."

You got what you deserved, Wise.

BTW, they said their last loss was 12/20/07. That loss was to the Cy Springs Panthers in the Jaycees Tournament, otherwise known as the HISD Tournament.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont buy that at all. I have no problems with continuing the game plan

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Me neither. If the other team needs their opponent to take it easy on them they should just forfeit the game.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Is this football?

5. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

In HISD there is a huge talent gap.

Bellaire, Wheatley, Yates, Jones and Madison are always good.

Lamar and Washington and Waltrip are competitive.

Schools like Davis, Lee, Scarborough have kids that can barely read, much more play basketball. It is like beating a bunch of kids with one arm by 100. You guys that cruel? These are high school kids that are trying to play at the next level in college, not NBA talent. Yates knew they were winning 55 of these games before they walked in the gym.

All I am saying is Yates proves NOTHING by beating Davis to a pulp by 100. It just shows the ignorance and classless character of Greg Wise, head coach at Yates.

6. arif1127

arif1127 Member
    Supporting Member

7. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

this is happening in the third ward right now. Great feeling.

8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

lol. Stop. If JY recruits then what do you call what Findlay does?

9. Acedude

Acedude Member

It's funny how when Yates full court pressure fails to rattle the opponent, the rest of their game just completely falls apart, from blowing layups to allowing layups by not getting back on transition D. Then again, it's hard to get back on D when you have 3 players on the wrong side of the court.

Findlay impressed me with how as a bunch of 16-18 y.o.'s, they never really panicked or lost their poise. Sure, they had their shares of forced turnovers from the pressure, but they never deviated from their plan.

And that Nick Johnson dunk.... just nasty. :eek:

10. macho GRANDE

No we're not cryin. No excuses. We got beat. It happens. You must've missed the cheers for the boys even in defeat.

11. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Findlay Prep is a national school that isn't obligated to abide by UIL rules, they are in Nevada.

12. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

By what? The 200 people out of 6,000 Yates fans that stayed?

13. macho GRANDE

Agreed. Findlay handled the pressure extremely well. Kudos to them.

14. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

It is time to admit that Jack Yates cheats. Yates can win the state title every year for all I care. Win the right way, STOP CHEATING.

15. macho GRANDE

Yes. The 200 people. :rolleyes:

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There is a reason why FCP is never used in the NBA and very rarely used in college.

It gets torched pretty much all the time when a team sees it on a consistent basis and is ready for it.

Thought Yates should have called off the FCP when it became obvious that Findlay could deal with it.

17. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

They showed the GRAVY TRAIN BANDWAGON leaving in the 3rd quarter for the exits. I salute you dude, at least you have some pride to cheer for your team, win or lose.

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Wrong forum? :confused:

19. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

As a graduate of Yates (2003) I disagree with the Op...Recuiting has nothing to do wi sports th the success of the sports teams..If you know Yates history they have been competitive for decades....not just recently...in basketball and football...its pretty funny you're happy they lost because they defeated schools who couldn't stop a press. I wonder do you think Austin h.s recruited baseball and soccer players? Wondering why I'm asking that huh? It's because outsider like you don't see the big picture. There is no outcry from people like yourself when Austin beat Yates 20-0 in baseball? How about waltrip beating yates 22-5? I'm not even going to mention the soccer scores that Yates have been defeated by from schools like Austin. Just a shame people only doesn't see that and complain like you do if Yates return the ass whooping inanother sport such as basketball and football...by the way the Findlay prep is a school that RECRUITS...students from different STATES and CITIES attend the school for sports!

1 person likes this.
  20. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Yates has been doing that for years as has Wheatley. You can't change what the TRADITION is at YATES for one game. These kids probably have never played a man defense or a zone in practice.