1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao's push, for you who haven't seen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Aug 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yao doesn't care about being dunked on and he contests every dunk which is more than most of the centers in the league or other players that are worried about their ego and can't get dunked on that just move out of the lane.

He contests every shot so he is going to get dunked on sometimes.

2. time4rhymez

time4rhymez Member

They all get dunked on at least ONCE. yao gets dunked on in every game by the likes of GREG OSTERTAG, Hahahaha. so you go away with your fake noise.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

4. WinknCatForever

All those players you've just listed have all been dunked on. Every player in the NBA has been dunked on. Try to deny it all you want, but it's true.

I personally have video of Yao posterizing Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, Theo Ratliff, Amare Stoudemire, Malik Rose, Dirk Nowitski, Alonzo Mourning, Eddy Curry, Kwame Brown, Chris Kamen, and many others.

[​IMG]

5. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

wow dumbest thing i've ever seen on this BBS. Yao dunked on Shaq and rejected his first 3 shots in their first meeting. Dirk? he rarely contest any dunk attemps.

6. zong

zong Member

Yao gets dunked on in every game? Have you watched every game? Stop hating here! There is no much room for hating here!

They all get dunked on at least ONCE. yao gets dunked on in every game by the likes of GREG OSTERTAG, Hahahaha. so you go away with your fake noise.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Hey everyone look, we have a new moron on the boards.

8. Shen Lei

Shen Lei Member

What did he mean?:D

9. kermit

kermit Member

So are you misspelling rhymes on purpose, or is that cool in whatever town you live in and probably misspell as well.

Just kidding I think your rhymez are tite.

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I have never been dunked on in my life before. Actually it's not that difficult. I just look away every time when someone is ready to slam the ball. Yao can learn a thing or two from me here. He will never not be dunked on again. Too bad for the people who live to enjoy the orgasm when they see a facial on Yao though. :D

11. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

awesome lol :D

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Mugsey Bogues never got dunked on. By Rhymez logic, that made him a better defender than Yao. Yes Mugsey Bogues is top 5 center, Most intidimating defender ever!

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

For some reason 'orgasm', and 'a facial on Yao' sound so wrong in a sentence together. :D

14. kermit

kermit Member

In today's NBA people generally think dunking on a 7-6 guy is much more impressive than the 7-6 guy who is a much better shooter and player than the guy he outscores every game. At one point in the NBA dunking was great because it was something not everyone could do in the context of a game. Nowdays every guy can dunk, although not in the context of the game, but even more than that, every guy who thinks he's the sh*t because he can dunk is usually for the better part missing the rest of the skills that make him a better player in the end. These guys force everything and generally can't pass or shoot any better than high school kids. Its not sad that YAO gets dunked on, personally I attribute YAO's lack of aggression in the NBA atleast to the HARD and THUG mentality. I just know if YAO was to get dirty and throw his weight around that other players would be throwing punches instead of admitting defeat. So in a way RHYMEZ is right because they wouldn't go after SHAQ because he's big and black instead they'd rather go after the lanky Chinese guy to make up for the embarrasment attributed to their lack of skills. I still remember OAKLEy giving it to SHAQ in Chicago and SHAQ not going after OAK but instead BRAD MILLER. Is it me or have we all seen this crap happen at the neighborhood pavillions so many times it's to be expected now. Hey dunks are the stuff that pay the bills but they all count the same. I personally find it more impressive that a guy 7-6 has such a fluid offensive game. If I wanted to watch dunks I would watch LIL NICKO on the drive way. He'll definitely be getting dunked on one day. Why don't we just lay into him right now and save ourselves the years of waiting and the embarrasment for the lil tike in the future.

15. time4rhymez

time4rhymez Member

Thank You, at least SOMEONE knows what Im talkin about

16. time4rhymez

time4rhymez Member

I was just tellin the truth. whats wrong with telling the truth?? Man im tired of all these haters. And yao NEVER dunked on shaq, that would never happen. If thats true, show me a video of that, i have to see it to believe it.

17. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

yeah because every time yao is about to dunk on him, he runs away like sore loser. He doesn't even try to contest.

Remember the time when cato missed an 18 footer and yao got the offensive rebound away from shaq and managed to dunk the ball for an and1 when shaq hit him on the head, on purpose?? NO you don't because you were too busy yelling at him for not waiting for shaq to get under the rim so that they could make a poster out of it.

18. Rob English

Rob English Member

There were two instances I clearly recall where Yao would have given Shaq a nasty posterization. Shaq saw him coming, and merely moved outta the way to avoid embarrasment. When Shaq sees somebody fixin' to throw down a dunk within close proximity, he'll step to the side. Yao, at least will try to contest it.

Shaq was on some show (iI think is was BDSSP) listing the guys who have posterized him.

Never say never, my friend -- it may just happen one day soon.

19. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

anyone can tell me how to post a video(wmv file) in my harddrive on this bbs? i need to show some stuff to a moron!

20. funksoultrader

This is getting truly bizarre. The simple reason guys like to try to dunk on Yao is because he's tall. Did we forget that material fact? Yao is among the biggest centers ever to play the game. It's the same reason people take pride in climbing Mount Everest -- it has a lot to do with the height of the mountain, not with antipathy toward Tibet or Nepal. The same was true with guys like Bradley, Bol, Mureson, Eaton, and Sampson when each of them first entered the league. I guarantee you if a 7'9" guy came into the league from British Columbia, guys like Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant would want to dunk on him because of his height, not because he's Canadian.

(I mean, c'mon now, if it were a culture thing, then why isn't there a lot of "rah rah rah" over dunking on Wang or Bateer? Call me crazy, but I think it's because there mere 7 footers, which is no big shakes these days.)