1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's personality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MFW2310, Jan 24, 2004.

1. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

In spirit of the just past Chinese New Year, I ripped off this to post here. It's not entirely correct but close enough. How accurate does it describe Yao's traits? You tell me.

It's all about Chinese astrology or Feng Shui ·çË® as we call it.

As the legend goes, more than five thousand years ago, the great Buddha invited all of the animals of creation to come and join him for the New Year. Only twelve species came at his invitation and to reward them, Buddha offered to name a year after each animal. From then on, any person born in a year associated with that animal would share that animal's qualities. Those animals, in the designated sequence were: the Rat, the Ox, the Tiger, The Rabbit, the Dragon, the Snake, the Horse, the Goat, the Monkey, the Rooster, the Dog and the Pig. So this is the last day for the year of the Goat and tomorrow will be the New Year of the Monkey.

Since Yao Ming was born in 1980, so he is a Monkey (as 1980 was the year of the Monkey!!)

Chinese believe in one's fortune for the year will depend on one's Chinese astrology sign (which depends on the year one is born). And according to Chinese lore, a person is more vulnerable to bad luck every 12 years when their astrological sign comes around, and this is called ±¾ÃüÄê...the Year of his Original Fate (not necessarily a good translation); very often that year would be a very good year (if the luck for this guy in previous years had been bad), or a very bad year (if the luck for this guy in previous years had been good).

According to Chinese Feng Shui: the Monkey is the smartest of all the Chinese animal signs, quick to learn new things and a good problem solver. Other characteristics: brilliant, creative, confident, imaginative, ingenious, sharp, alert, entertaining, mercurial, aggressive and inquisitive. Monkeys become successful in politics, banking, business, law, show business, the arts or even in the black market. They are charismatic, witty and have a lot of friends and admirers. The bad side: Monkeys can be opportunistic, tricky, manipulative and often have short attention spans. Very often, powerful Monkeys have strong leadership potential. (DOES THE ABOVE FITTINGLY DESCRIBE YAO MING ????)

Taking the above into context, 2004 maybe a year that will play tricks on Yao Ming. I particularly look into the old book of wisdom of Chinese Feng Shui called ͨʤ for Yao Ming. 2004, the Year of Monkey is going to be a relatively BAD or at its BEST a plain year for the Monkeys. For those born in 1980, their fate in this year would be better than those monkeys born in other years of Monkeys, say 1992 or 1968 etc.

According to the ͨʤ, this year will be a year that a Monkey born in 1980 will be under extreme external forces/pressures, that he can't win single-handedly but have to rely on team work; he should keep his head low, strive hard to learn and adopt to new environment, and never proud about short term achievement, or too anxious for success. He would have lot of opportunities for $$$$$ as well as a lot of ÌÒ»¨ÔË , i.e. admiration or adoration from the fairer sexes. He should take all those chances for making more $$$$$, but try to avoid those opportunistic encounter of the ladies. Health wise, he has to be extremely careful of road accidents/injuries caused by fast lane driving.

The Year of Monkey will be best for Yao Ming that he will take defense instead of offense, be low profile and keep himself away from troubles. Everything then will be fine for him.

2. smiling_bear

smiling_bear Member

wha did you have for lunch/dinner ?

3. MFW2310

um, pizza, wings and a lot of beer (always a good combo).

4. yaozhuxi

yaozhuxi Contributing Member

It seems that the post doesn't fit to the title. Since you know ying-yang, can you predict the results of game rockets vs magic?

5. MFW2310

I myself am far from being superstitious. The article predicted the personality of a person born in the year of the monkey (ie. Yao). I don't see how the title doesn't fit.

6. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

Well if 17 and 12 is plain then I'll take it.