1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's new pal....Deke...Chron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Sep 16, 2004.

1. qrui

qrui Member

exactly what i was thinking.

on the block issue, i don't think yao will improve a lot. it's a combination of skill, quickness, and height. skill he can learn, that's for sure. quickness, i don't see him improving, especially if he puts more muscle on his upper body. and you have to consider his height as an important factor here. most nba players are at least 6" shorter. who on earth in his clear mind would want to shoot before this 7'6'' wall. so you have to either change your shot or differ to some other guy who's not guarded by yao. either way the ball will be away from him and of course he doesn't got the chance to block.

2. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

Wow--does this mean Yao's gonna be seeing Ewing-Deke double teams in practice?!? :eek:

As long as Deke not throwin' 'bows...we don't want any broken collarbones this year:D

3. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Now I am very concerned about Yao. He'll have a much higher chance of injury now that he'll have to face Deke's elbow everyday.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did anyone else read the title and think "Oh $ h#T."

Yao - glass deek - chronic ---

Whew. Bad mental image.

I like Deke helping tutor Yao. I like him kicking Mo T's ass now and again, too. I think Deke has the authority to chew on players for loafing or playing stupid. He's been outspoken for a long time - it helps to have a dog like that in the clubhouse - the Mario Elie effect..

I think he'll actually be helpful on the court in his backup minutes, too.

5. nocore

nocore Member

You guys still don't understand JVG. He has confidence to say it becasue he knows that Deke is in his camp, so was Mark Jackson. He would never say anything like that to Steve. He kept saying that Francis was his best player even when he suspended him for one game.