1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YaoMing talked about Divac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iOrange, Dec 12, 2002.

1. supermagichero

well, we will wait and see. :)

2. ivan_zhang

ivan_zhang Member

Never believe any words from sports.sina.com.

Sports.tom.com is a much better chinese site.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If you want to be the best you've got to be a little cocky.

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

:eek:

is this true?!

not true. basketball is just as, if not moreso, psychological as physical.

5. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Where are the questions?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese media is guilty of using "leading" questions to get the responses they want to hear. Personally, I don't think Yao is that stupid to be "antagonizing" opposing Cs before a game. However, all that he has said, comes, post-game, and is frankly honest. You can totally tell that Yao competes to win (he ain't there for the bucks or for show and tell like some other Chinese X-pats). Yao knows that he has the stuff and the mettle to take this team to the next level. And his confidence has sure blossomed.

Speaking of approach, I kinda like the way Yao assesses his opponents and "breaks" them down mentally. That is totally the Chinese way. If any of you guys have read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War," you'll know what I'm talking about. Yao is a SOLDIER with LEADERSHIP qualitiesUnlike Bradman or other 7 footers who had no zeal, I don't think we need worry about Yao's passion for the gaming and his passion to win a championship for us. This is a dude with something more than prove than just being a good player. He's out there to win for us, and making it his "duty" to do so.

Gotta love that! :D :D :D

However, from a P.R. point of view, though I don't see Yao as a trash talking type, I do think his words could be misinterpretted as such in English. In a different light, his honesty could be spun as a bad thing. So I think it's good that he has a translator for now, if anything as a buffer.

6. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

I can't agree more... Chineses reporters are all gay, even females are gay. you know what I mean?

7. ccc

ccc Member

Actually, I dont. you mean you are a gay?

8. verse

verse Contributing Member

:eek:

wow. since when does being gay have anything to do with the writer's ability to do a good interview?

i see homophobia knows no continental bounds...

9. GreatProgrammer

Holy! That is the phenomenon of HUMAN being. Your research will get Nobel Award sooner or later. But please get enough information to support your topic before you continue.

10. gowithwind22

gowithwind22 Member

I shoukd not say so but that's truth! our chginese media are silly. They **** misreport everything. For example, I happened live in BOSTON,MA when wang zhi-zhi played for Dellas. I read some news in sina.com that time and make me feel that zhi-zhi will be all-star starter. after I checked out the game . i know the truth.
    just ignore what they said.

11. orien

orien Member

i dont think that was the origional words from YM.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

12. GreatProgrammer

13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

What is not to trust about the journal? It was not that long. It was short and he got to his point. Said he felt sick the night before, mentioned seeing a movie and a couple of other things. It doesn't take long to write a few passages.

Blatz

14. Panda

Panda Member

Somebody should better tell YM to stop exposing opponents like that. Some stuff should only be done instead of being said. Those analysis is only going to fire the opponents up and also decrease the effectiveness of such physicological strategies.