1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yaocus DeMing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

In the grand tradition of smashing together names I give you Yaocus DeMing. We are quick to to decry potential with the names of issues that render it just that. If DeMarcus Cousins had the work ethich of an veteran NBA pro, and if he was matured a decade more than his years, I fully expect he would dominate the NCAA to the extent where he would render his friend John Wall the second pick on Thursday. But he has areas to improve upon, and is young and so even if he can impact the NBA next year (which he can) he is looked at as a project.....

Why do players go bad? Some guys like Eddie Griffin are probably on a negative path from the beginning, haunted and steered by their own demons. I think guys like Al Jefferson succeed, but fall short of what they ultimately could have been. Their entry into the league lacks stability and often a weak personnel infrastructure.

Are we going to play Yao Ming 20 min a game next year and then pay him 10 million a year for a few years and then up the minutes to 30? NO! Where Yao plays this year (minutes wise) is only +/- a few minutes either way in games for the rest of his career. We just have to deal with that. You can justify paying Yao at 25 min a game 9-10 mil for a few years. He may return to his old form for the shortened span (or close to it.)

We aren't going to get Chris Bosh, and I don't think we will be dealing for a superstar anytime soon. This is our shot, expensive or not. We need a new twin towers. A man respected throughout the world for his kindness, his skill and his ability to shoulder the hopes of a nation. A player that we seems young to us, but is really a veteran now. And then, his counter part and protege. A KID with uncanny skill and ability. And the two of them, surrounded by veterans and talent on the perimeter and in the front office.

We have to go through LA and that will take much more size than Yao. We need a player that brings an edge, a physicality and matches up with Yao. A guy that can allow Yao to lengthen his career. What if Yao goes down? It has already happened and you are telling me that Morey and crew are randomly gambling it won't happen again. With a best case scenario of getting 24 min a game? Doubtful.

It has been said why would you given up proven NBA commodities (1 year players who did only well) for something you know nothing about? Because in the end the league and the trophies go to the teams with the talent. And because that is like saying you would never take any trade that has a risk factor (and therefore rarely engage in trades at all)

The key to winning a championship with Yao Ming is going to be having another guy on the roster who is a very talented center or PF/C. Cousins can come in and impact the games next year for 20/25 min. This is a rare shot, I feel bad for Cousins because the anti-hype on his personality issues has hurt what should be hype on his game. This is our shot to do something big.

2. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

and the classic Did not read dancing gif guy in 3, 2, ....

3. Garner

Garner Member

a bit premature, don't you think?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Should have titled this "babble babble bable"....no reason why this couldnt go in an existing thread...

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Even better.....

[​IMG]

6. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

OR how about leyao jamings

8. delishman

delishman Member

Wait one minute here! Stop it.

9. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

lmao! :grin:

11. sergio

sergio Member

I agree with you dude. ;)

12. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This move is clearly showing that the Rockets think YAO IS FINISHED or atleast as a very good player and at best has 1 or at best 2 above average years left before his body just says enough.

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Who do I have to sue to get the 3 minutes of my life back I wasted reading this thread? :eek: