1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao will play against the Hornets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2rings, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I doubt that guy sleeps in bed. :cool:

2. cyrilfan

cyrilfan New Member

If we let Yao sit on his bench for next two games and leave more time to Mr. White, maybe we can meet my favorite Portland.
    It dosent matter how far we can go in the PO, you can judge me as u like, i'm just tired to be a fan of FIRST ROUND LOSER TEAM.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

where else?

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Glad to hear Yao should be okay.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't care how bad your English is, you seem to have some trouble with the following concept:

Just because someone doesn't hate McGrady doesn't mean they're a T-Mac only fan. You're not going to find yourself very well received if you just keep talking shizz to everyone.

6. kwng

kwng Member

I think Yao should let Deke play most of the min against the Hornet and perhaps come in if the Rockets are in trouble.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And Chandler's out for this game!! :D

8. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

^^Agreed. Adelman should limit Yao minutes and have have Deke get the bulk of the minutes.. If the game is coming to the wire put Yao back in the game.

9. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

dumb dumb dumb move by the Rockets. :mad: :mad: 2 games left. Who cares if we lose them. The worst we can drop to is 6 and would still have a suitable match-up for the 1st round. Rockets are making a mistake. Let the man rest.

10. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Actually, I think the worst we can do now is 5th. And who cares if we lose them? 99% of this forum. ;)

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You don't care about home court advantage, or avoiding the Lakers (if we win our first round) in the second round? Really?

These games matter a lot. If Yao needs to rest at this stage to be prepared for the playoffs, then we can forget about him being capable of a long playoff run.

12. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

99% of this forum overreacts to the littlest things on here :D . I rather them Rest Yao and have him somewhat fresh for the playoffs.

Our coach is Rick Aldeman. The coach who loves to play his starters forever. The guy who loves to leave his starters in a game when it is a blowout with 4 mins to go in the game :( :mad:

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

These games are important but not at the cost of aggravating a sore right foot for a 7'6" player with a history of foot problems.
    I'm well aware that he will be slowed down by lack of game practice but it's better than risking re-injury.

14. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Home court advantage is overrated I'm sorry. We had Home court the last 2 seasons. What happened? nothing special.

Why are guys saying Avoid the Lakers? I rather play them now then later so you wont have to get your hopes up. If we meet them in the Western Conference finals and lose its going to be a much heart breaking lost than losing to them in the 2nd round. If we was to get to the 2nd round and play them then that would be an achievement because we made it pass the 1st round with a man down. Our team isn't complete and our floor general is basically a rookie in this situation with another rookie backing him up ( Brooks and Lowry)

15. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Let's just get out of the first round.

16. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

And thats exactly what I'm saying. How cares who the Rockets get matched up against. Get out the 1st round should be the number 1 priority right now. Its funny how some guys on here want to avoid this or that team but to be champions you have 2 play that team.

17. justafriend

justafriend Member

These last two games ARE playoff games, if you ask me. Our performance in these games can pave a road to the WCF. Resting Yao so he's more ready for a playoff series (and bracket) where we're at a disadvantage is dumb.

Bad argument. Last year we were hobbled, the year before we had a chance to finish them out on our home floor. We came up short, but we wouldn't have had that chance if we didn't have HCA, we would have lost in 6.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Um, in order to get out of the first round, wouldn't you want a favorable match-up? And in order to get a favorable match-up wouldn't you have to win more games? Look, at the end of the day, the Rockets need every break they can get when it comes to playoff seedings and match-ups because we're NOT championship caliber. If we were the Lakers, then absolutely rest all of your starters, because you have nothing to gain by playing them. But in this case, dropping to 5th would mean NO home-court advantage (it is NOT overrated by the way, you're just flat-out WRONG on that....there's a reason why only a handful of teams have gone far without it), AND you would be aligning yourself in the same bracket as the Lakers. Why the heck would you INTENTIONALLY do that to yourself??? I don't understand the premise of your argument AT ALL.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We were thoroughly outplayed for the most part 2 years ago (check out the margin of victory), and because of our home court advantage we still had a chance to steal with series with 5 minutes left in game 7. And a season ago, that team really had no business making it a series against the Jazz.

Basically, even though we lost, home court gave us a much better chance. It always will give you a better chance. Particularly this year, when there's a much wider disparity in our home vs road record.

For me, the goal is to get as far into the playoffs as possible. That's more likely if we can avoid the Lakers in the second round.

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

We are hobbled EVERY YEAR when something good happens to us. It never ends. Yeah we came up short and should have won the game. We did have Home court. Dallas series we didn't have home court. We didn't have a bench yet we took them to 7 games. Even though we got demolished and had very very old and tired legs we fought to a game 7. So what would be the excuse there. Taking it to a game 7 without HCA?