1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao will be back, better yet, we found our 3rd option - Battier!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Did anyone noticed that Battier scored 28pts on 9 of 15 shooting and was 4 of 6 from 3pt? He also got 6 rebounds and a number of charges.

There is no siliver lining for Yao getting hurt but Battier stepped up.

I believe the Rockets are not strong enough without Yao and Tmac to compete in the NBA so they will lose most of their games. But that boy can play. Good for Battier. :eek:

As for Yao, he will be back in March but the Rockets will be out of playoffs contention by then. Even if Tmac comes back soon, he will not be all world and carry the team. HIS BACK WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO :(

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

good god. So we have got Bonzi stepping up, Shane the 3rd option, and Tmac playing Olando ball. Then no worries.

How about this. Is shane a consistent scorer? When will Bonzi be in shape. and can Tmac hold up his back? Stil we are worse than the Nets if these 3 are compared to Carter, Kidd, and Richardson.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

um

sorry, but not working for me.. i'm gonna go cry now :(

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I've made numerous posts on Battier getting more involved, and I couldn't be happier that he and JVG have finally read my posts. ;) No one expects him to be a superstar. But I thought he had way more to offer than just 'hustle' plays. Those are great, I'm not complaining, but he's got a decent offensive game and can create his own shot. I think he could've averaged 12-14 points a game, and probably would've put us over the top on some of our close losses.

Now more than ever everyone needs to step up, and I think Battier and Bonzi have the most left to show more of.

5. imsleepwaIkin

imsleepwaIkin Contributing Member

;thinking about our third option when we don't even have a number 1 and 2 :p

6. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Blessing in disguise. We will have a fresh Yao Ming to tear it up in the playoff. Oh, by the way, Tmac please come back fast. We need you now. We really do.

7. Ducky

Ducky Member

Mar? well, I believe it's not gonna take that long. maybe the all-star weekend

8. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Heck, you all know this is the end so look at the bright side. That no use glue guy can do something other than take a charge. He CAN play. Just choose to defer to better options. GEE, I think that is what people call B-Ball IQ.

Now, true, option 1 (knee) and option 2 (back) is gone. So, let's here it for option 3.

Even if we got Roy or Gay, Yao and Tmac going done is the end so. Let's hope for inflated numbers for Battier and Bonzi and we end up in the lottery with a good shot at #1.

Now that Gasol is back with Memphis, they may be able to catch the Rockets and pass us, WE HOPE.

9. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

looks like van gundy's gonna lose what's left of his hair. it would be a miracle if he stays with the rox next season.

10. wingz0

wingz0 Member

So now he steps up. So that's what it took huh, options number 1 and 2 going down and who's supposedly option number 3 bieng virtually nonexistent in 20 minutes of action. Why couldn't he have done this sooner? When Tmac went down especially. 28 points and 6 rebounds on over 50% shooting from across the floor. Don't kid me Shane, you can score in this league and you know it. If he would've done played like this on offense earlier, we probably would've had a much better record even with Tmac out.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just frustrated that it's deja vu all over again, and only now does Battier start doing what we, or at least, I have always thought he can, but never did.

11. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

I agree with you on that. I was confident he could be a decent third scorer and wished he had been more assertive with his offense both when we have tracy and yao and when we only had yao. My guess is coming in, he thought he was to play a more deffensive role and sacrificed too much of his offense for the "greater good".

12. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

When the team as a collective believes in you and tries to get you the ball, you become a better offensive player. I felt the Rockets were shying away from Shane in the 2nd half for the sake of variety. Maybe, it's time for Shane to demand the ball.

13. Bob

Bob Member

1st - Luther Head
    2nd - Bonzi
    3rd = Battier

I'm depressed