1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao vs. Dwight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, May 9, 2010.

?

Who is the better player?

1. Dwight Howard

49.0%
  2. Yao Ming

51.0%
  1. amaru

amaru Member

Yao is better head to head no doubt...but he can't do you much good if he's broken. (when is he NOT broken lol)

Give me Dwight. He may have his flaws on the offense end, but at least he in his jersey almost every night.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Lol....its not even close.

1 person likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't understand what's the point of creating this thread. If Yao had DH's health there would be no question who's the better center. In fact, I would argue a 100% healthy Yao Ming is worthy of being Dream's successor as Houston's 2nd greatest c of all time. When he was healthy Yao had amazing quickness not just for a 7-6 guy, but for a C in general (how often do you see a 7-6 dude lead a fastbreak, go behind the back then dunk the ball in transition). Combine that with his refined post game and a never injured Yao Ming would be the stuff of legends.

However that was all in the past. Why are you comparing a fictional yao ming with the very real DH? How about I create another poll, who was better, IF I somehow get a time machine who would be the better player, rookie Hakeem or DH? C'mon now :mad:

Anybody who picks Yao over DH is a homer and fool.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

So many homers. I'll take the guy who shoots 60% thank you very much.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

The funny thing is ..

If Dwight was a Rockets

everybody here would be calling him the "NEXT DREAM"

and this poll would be

95% DWIGHT

5% YAO

we just love our players dont we ;)

7. Mr. Space City

if dwight was a rocket, we would have had one of the greatest defensive teams in nba history last year

ron artest
    shane battier
    dwight howard

:eek:

8. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I dont think theres any question whos better. Make this same poll out side of Houston and Orlando.

9. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

You make this poll to the rest of the U.S. and it's easily DH.
    Yao's Chinese, that alone will hurt his chances.....it's America.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Amazing quickness for a C? Refined post game? The stuff of legends? You're talking about Dwight Howard right?

Dwight has accomplished more in the last 2 years than Yao has done in his whole career. If Yao had won two DPOY, two rebounding titles, and took his team to the finals the Yao fans would be claiming him the greatest center of the millennium.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Howard can be overcome by the defense of 7'6" Yao Ming. :p
    So Yao is the best all round player of the two. ( Hope he comes back OK)

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

yao has been out of the1st round once with his supporting cast pulling a lot of the weight. dwight has taken his team to the finals. I think dwight is a better defensive player. if we had dwight instead of yao we are better off. we have enough scorers.

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Yao is better offensively.. but Dwight is a better player no doubt. He is just so dominating.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Today? Howard. Mainly because it's been an entire season since Yao last played.

15. Rock It

Rock It Member

Dwight is more athletic than Yao thants it.Yao has more post moves than Dwight does. and i think Yao is a better player. Not because im a Rockets fan but because Yao usually plays very well against Dwight.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is with the premise of Yao never having been injured at all. The guy had legitimate franchise HOF C potential coming into the league. We all know with his injuries Yao will never accomplish even half of what DH has done, that's the reality of the situation and that's why this thread is pointless. LMAO at the Yao votes...c'mon now, we could have a poll here between Brooks and Cp and Brooks would win in a landslide :rolleyes:

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's also healthier than Yao. Yao has sat out during 4 straight post seasons with injury. You really think he'll still be better than DH? Seriously? :rolleyes: All these YOFs are impossible to reason with :mad:

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, what a coincidence, I was just having an intense discussion over this earlier today.

I'm gonna go with Dwight. He just has a bigger impact on the game.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't think this should even be a contest until Howard learns how to hit shots beyond 5 feet from the basket...

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I had to laugh at this.

I'd take Yao 9 times out of 10 but that one time I don't take Yao over Dwight is the time when I sit back and realize "Wow, Dwight can actually finish a whole season".