1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Underrated by NBA GMs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jonhty, Oct 24, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

but can pierce singlehandedly lead ANY team to the playoffs (even w/ a bunch of average players), can pierce? can allen? can VC? hell, can wade (whose team was only .500 in the freakin' east w/o shaq).

tmac, kobe, lebron, KG, iverson and possibly duncan are the only players who have proven they can lead any team to the playoffs singlehandedly. and notice outside of duncan, they're all perimeter players.

the game is becoming more perimeter oriented. to win, u need a dominant wing now. it's not the past where everything was defense.

the spurs have been better b/c of parker and ginobili.

2. rockets34

rockets34 Member

My issue with Duncan isn't about his number one ranking etc, its the undeservedly exalted place in history he is given by virtue of his winning which is a complete joke. As far as your kobe/tmac comparison goes, it is fairly irrelevant because Kobe has not necessarily received his accolades and historical legacy by his "winning" on a stacked team with a perfect system, he has done it through individual brilliance something that does not apply to Duncan. The only real thing Duncan has done is won. He has done it by always having the best team, best coach etc. He hasn't done like hakeem where he dominated the league in every offensive and defensive category. ****, i think his best year the sorry mother****er avged liked 23 points or something of the sort. So when i hear all the hakeem/duncan comparisons and who is better, etc it makes me absolutely homocidal for this very reason. Duncan hasn't done **** but win, and he has only done that because he has had a great organization and plenty of help. KG would've done the same, probably with more invidual brilliance if he had a supporting cast of Duncan's caliber. Again, calling Duncan the greatest pf in NBA history is a complete joke, he is just another very good 20/10 guy who happened to have a perfect set of circumstances, no better than KG and definitely not better than the superstar pfs of yore.