1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Trademark Post Move sighting in Pistons game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pacmania, Mar 20, 2009.

1. pacmania

pacmania Member

I've said this before in a previous thread, Yao's special post move is what makes him special. Thats when he posts on the left side , turns to his left shoulder bumps the defender and fades. That is the trademark move no NBA player can match. Sure Yao has the hook shot but so do other post players. That one trademark move has been missing but i'm glad Yao when to that bread and butter move against the pistons. It led to several clutch baskets for the rockets. This is the move I'm talking about. This shot is pure money just like Yao's free throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jss1xEzh5b4

If you watched the Pistons game , you'll notice this trademark post move in the clutch buckets Yao made

2. 1individual

1individual Member

Who taught him to swear? You gotta maintain your respect and cut down the ego... kind of like KG.

3. pacmania

pacmania Member

That was an old video during the JVG years when Yao was putting up monster numbers. Its interesting because this was Yao's unstoppable move that allowed him to hit clutch baskets even with the defender pushing against him. In the Spurs game, I think he tried to go to the hook shot too much.
    The hook shot is nice but sometimes Yao misses it a lot when the defender is pushing hard against him.

Here is a video from the recent pistons game at the one minute mark (1:00) you see him hitting the clutch basket using this move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DM9NgbmyAY

4. pacmania

pacmania Member

At the three minute , thirty two second mark (3:32) of this video, you can see "the move". Yao is pure money on this move and is more difficult to stop because he doesn't have to dribble a lot. He usually executes this move before help arrives.

Then on one of the crucial plays of the game at the eight minute and fifty second mark (8:50) of the video Yao executes "the move" once again. Pure money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeaN2CzSfyg

5. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

What's " Yao're under house Artest " mean ?At 1:59 :confused:

6. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

love yao pounding his chest

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Should be read as "You're under house arrest". Fans do it all the time, play on words using players names on their signs.

Yao was clutch in the Detroit game.

8. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Oh,I know...Thank you!@

9. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

He uses the push from defenders as part of his rhythm, similar to guards dribbling to get in rhythm for a shot

10. pacmania

pacmania Member

yup. thats the beauty of "the move". Its a combination of power and finesse. If you pause the video at the point where Yao bumps the defender , its clear the defender has no chance to jump because of the impact. And the more the defender pushes the more it gives him rhythm on the shot and more separation.

And I think Yao hasn't been using it as much as he should. He actually has a lot of moves in his arsenal but this one was the most effective early in his career and it still continues to be the most effective as shown by the Pistons game.

Like in the closing moments of the lakers game Yao missed a crucial hook shot with single coverage at that, it is actually more difficult to shoot a jump hook off balanced and from distance than it is to execute " the move".

11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

i think the beauty of this move is how technical and smooth it is. There's the bump, then theres the foot work to create space, then yao holds the ball high and away from his defender then gets into a fading shooting motion then theres the perfect release.

He really has that one down and its unstoppable against one on one coverage.

12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

toward the end of games, i agree, this is one of his best moves:

- there is not much dribbling, less chance of turning it over.

- yao initiates the contact w/o bulling the other player over (no chance of a charge call on this play, as it would only expose a flopper)

- true, its a fade away, but at least he initiates contact first

i think this move is even pretty good against a double team.

13. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

This shot it's nearly unstoppable. :)

14. FariyadTheKing

BRO !!!! HOW HAPPY ARE YOU?!!? ITS LIKE WHEN YOUR A LITTLE KID FINDING WALDO............YOU SAW YAO'S POST UP MOVE?!?! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWO. who hasn't?

15. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

you sir. are an ass.

16. FariyadTheKing

for what? because i and probably everybody else on this thread has seen yao's post up move since centuries ago, and now someone is bored and wants to start a nonsense thread about it.........go play with yourself instead.

you sir. are a moron. lol

17. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

the only person in this thread complaining about anything is YOU.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The Shanghai "Shake" right? More like the Shaghai Fade.

19. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Very true in the sense when he dribbles it's a turnover(and or foul)

20. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Reading comprehension failing you? Instead of being an ass you could have re-read the post to see the point the OP was trying to make. I'll help you out.....

He saying that Yao's best move has been missing from his game lately and he needs to go back to that because that's his most unstoppable move. I agree. He is very consistent with that shot and there is almost zero chance of that being blocked unless somebody comes from behind.