1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Trade Question

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ToothYanker, Jan 8, 2005.

1. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Well, actually this is about certain threads in the GARM.

Why are all these "Yao sucks, lets trade him" threads allowed to proliferate and run amok but as soon as someone posts a "you don't have to trade Yao, he'll leave on his own because he hates it" thread, it's shut down immediately? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? I mean, it seems like the moderators want people to bash Yao indiscriminately yet are afraid that Yao might actually waltz in here, see the bashing and then see the "Yao wants to go to LA" threads and get ideas about leaving all the backstabbing Rockets 'fans' he has in Houston.

I just thought it was hypocritical. That's all.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think you're wrong.

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I can't speak for the Admins, but I think you need to look a little closer at their motivations. Sounds like the threads you discuss are more likely to have 20 clones or have regressed into absolute uselessness. Still, they tend to let most of these thread die on their own; maybe you can provide a specifc example?

As for Yao reading this thread and leaving because of 'backstabbers', do you really think that he's that trite? Do you think that he doesn't realize that he could be reading a 12-year old's post? That many of the rational longtime posters appear to have reduced their posts (I assume because they're tired of the negativity) leading those who feel compelled to blow off steam to overwhelm the board? Do you not think that he'll realize that when a team does not meet expectations that certain fans will want to start pointing fingers ... and NO ONE is immune? Tell me which of these people have not crticized during this period and want them gone:
    1) Les
    2) CD
    3) JVG
    4) Ewing
    5) TMac
    6) Yao
    7) All of the other starters
    8) The rest of the bench

If this board controlled people's jobs, I think only our trainer would be safe.

Let's be a little more realistic. Yao's a professional, right? Will he run from his problems or afddress them?

And IF you were right ... if Yao goes to LA ... it would be jumping from the frying pan to the fire. He will have the same issues there, and those fans are used to Shaq's aggressiveness.

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Concise. I like it. :)

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Fan Message Board Teaches Yao Of Future Free Agency
    7-foot-6 center never knew leaving Houston was a possibility before logging online

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming learned from a fan message board on Saturday that he could be a free agent in the future and actually leave Houston if he so chooses.

The 7-foot-6 center, who is surrounded by coaches, teammates, reporters, agents, lawyers, doctors, advertisers, image consultants and a country full of a billion people, was shocked by the discovery.

"I mean when I say 'Houston, I'm come.', I never thought I could say, 'Houston, I'm go'," said Yao. "It just gave me ideas."

The discovery was made early on Saturday when the Rockets big man was surfing ClutchFans.net, a site dedicated to his current NBA team.

"It crushed me," said the site's webmaster, Clutch. "I want Houston fans to communicate clearly to Yao the pure, unwarranted hatred and rage we have for the man, but I dispose quickly of any message that even mentions that Yao could go elsewhere."

That was before Yao read a message by "My-Ming-A-Ling11" at 7:01 am.

"It just came so early," said Clutch. "I thought DoD had it, he thought Keeley had it ... and on it went. Our plan just blew up in our face and I fear we've lost Yao because of it."

Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson refused comment, but sources close to the team executive insist he's furious that the franchise's cover was blown.

Other NBA players seemed surprised upon learning how Yao found out.

"Hell, I've had 'Summer 2004' circled on my calendar since I was 6," said Suns guard Quentin Richardson. "That's got to be the stupidest [expletive] I've ever seen."

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

It's an insult to the intelligence of mankind to believe that they are 12 years old. I think they make the posts during their nap time breaks in kindergarden.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Clutch, you did not post a link.

:p

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

OMG.

Ive seen many sarcastic Clutch responses in my time here...but this one has got to be top two at least...

good stuff..

;)

btw...Clutch or DoD....can we discuss appointing another mod in chat...we have had several times lately where we find ourselves with either no mods or just one...and it is becomeing harder and harder for them to control the room.

also...DoD...would you share your cuss scripts/filters with the other mods...they could use it...

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

LMAO ok this os one the most funiest posts if have read in a while. Don't you just love sarcasme

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LOL!

Reading ToothYanker's posts makes me want to yank my teeth out - they are that painful.

11. ToothYanker

Wow, I get a sarcastic post made just for me...and by the webmaster no less! I feel special...musta hit a nerve too.

12. ToothYanker

BTW, I wasn't implying that what people said about Yao would be THE factor that might push him over the edge but apparently he does care about what fans think. Who knows when the last straw will be. Either way, judging from Yao's comments, LA's gotta seem nicer and nicer, what with all the 'love' he or any other Houston athlete receives from the fans. LOL. :)

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nice Clutch...nice. :D

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We all value your opinions.

(Hey I just wasted my 8000th post on you to prove this)

15. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Are you kidding? What about all those games lost to injury over the last decade or so?

FIRE KEITH JONES!

:)

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

LOL, that was gold Clutch

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Good lord Clutch, that was great. :D