1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao to miss final two games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by longrangesniper, Apr 11, 2009.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Chandler most likely will miss our game and Dampier isn't someone to exactly be afriad of.

Even if he misses the last two games...do they become harder? Of course not saying that...but Deke can do the job well, hell Deke got us homecourt last season .

Deke wasn't bluffing when he said Yao can miss the next two games ;)

We'll miss his scoring though for sure and his presence.

2. worzel gummidge

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Day to day is a right decision! The rockets want to win the last two games with or without Yao. They won't let opponents exactly know whether Yao will play and make clear game plan to against the rockets.

4. Chamillionaire

probably a good thing, the spurs are doing it with duncan, we oughta do it with yao as well.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

bill belichick style?

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Per friedman... so it's all good news so far. Hopefully Yao is alright.

7. worzel gummidge

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6369491.html

8. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I hope yao will also bring us 4 rings as Duncan did, but it's clearly unfeasible for yao to do that. the best scenario is yao wins a ring with the help of the league and leaves us, then our team will start to rebuild.

9. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I mean i only expect yao to win one championship for houston, one is very enough. :( we don't have Lebron or Wade, or any other great player that can build a dynasty.

10. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I think we will win the next two games even without YAO. so rest him for the playoffs. :D

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

i couldn't agree more. rest the big fella for the playoffs and let MT Mutumbo take care of buisness. The hornets game should be an easy win, but the mavericks will put up a fight to avoid that 8th spot. but at the end of the day we will be division champs!!!!!!

12. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

You are a moron and your posts have proved that you are here just to troll and to flame. Only Rockets haters would say that if we can win a title it's only because of the help of the league. And no real fans would want the team's star player to leave after winning a championship. Since I can't believe anyone in the world can be really so fake and so stupid, my only conclusion is that you are here to fool around and make flame posts to agitate for whatever gay personal agenda that you have. But if you foolishly believe that anyone can be annoyed or agitated by your moronic rants, you are dumber than a sack of hammers. I think 50% of the people here have put you on ignore and the other 50% (includes me) only laugh his ass off every time they read your r****ded posts. Keep trying to entertain us, moron. You give me a good laughs every day.

13. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

LETS PRAY FOR YAO's Foot!

14. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Yes, I would rather lose the next two games and go into the playoffs with a healthy Yao anyday.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He could be on to something. The Lakers' Gasol trade, Dwayne Wade beating the Mavericks, and the Spurs' last ring all come to mind immediately. :D

16. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

But would a real Lakers fan say his team has won the championship only because the league has 'helped'? This Marcus Bryant fool made that assertion after he had said many times that the Rockets is 'his' team. How much more fake could this fool be?

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Marcus Bryant is the most famous and influence poster on the spurstalk. I am surprised that he is claiming rockets are 'his team'!

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

per Jason Friedman from Twitter

YAY!!!!

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

looks like it was something as a precaution, having him not play in GS was smart the second night and them running up and down the floor would have been bad. Now with 3 days rests and a hornets team that plays slow Yao probably will (or at least i hope) play under or around 25 minutes.

Deke played well against the hornets a few weeks back and look to be the type of team he could play well against, but then again GSW is the type of type of team you do not want Deke to play against and he did very well friday night. Nothing surprises me anymore from the Big Fella

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

whoa---this is actually great news for the rockets!!!

---we keep Yao nice and fresh for the playoff journey

---we get uncle deke up to speed for the playoffs where he will play a big role

---we get to see luis scola do his ultra-efficient post moves and getting more touches and rebounds

---losing games from now on only means we'd have a much less chance to face Utah in the first round, regardless of whether we like it or not(trust me we don't)

---Carl gets more minutes to make a full recovery by getting more court time

only bad side may be aaron brooks now having an excuse to chuck up more shots