1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao to miss at least another 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 19, 2010.

1. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

Seriously. Is this like the Spurs sitting David Robinson the whole year so they could tank and then draft Tim Duncan? Starting to look like that.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Get well soon Yao !

DD

3. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Well that's no good :(

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the press release:

Yao Ming Medical Update

Rockets center Yao Ming underwent a thorough medical exam of his surgically repaired left foot yesterday by surgeon Dr. Tom Clanton. The medical exam revealed that the area of the surgery in and around the tarsal navicular bone is completely healed and the structural integrity of the foot is intact. It was determined that Yao is suffering from a bone bruise in his left ankle that presented in a game against Washington on 11/10/10. He is expected to be out a minimum of two weeks (from today) and will continue the medical rehabilitation program on the ankle.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ugh, this is so old.

6. Raven

Raven Member

None of the quasi available stars will want to join a weak team, especially in an unglamorous city. More and more, it seems to me that we'll need to draft our next franchise player. In which case, every victory is a defeat and every defeat is a victory, because it's highly unlikely a franchise player falls out of the top five.

7. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Signed,
    Greg Oden

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A solid post, I just want to add that it's relatively easy to be a 'correct skeptic'. Maybe they'll be proud that they're right but I think we can all agree our misfortune is a bummer.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Please Yao be 100% or quit. If he's done good... lets get a stronger under the rim. Scola is strong and has great offense already now lets get a 7 footer who has athleticism that can rebound , block shots well and play solid defense!

10. cujo

cujo Member

At this rate with Yao, If I heard "Yao to miss another year", I wouldnt be totally surprised. I feel bad for Yao, but he is really fragile now. That fall he took didn't seem to warrant an injury that has lasted this long. Maybe the staff is really being too cautious with him now. Isnt it just an ankle sprain. Recover soon Mr Yao!

11. anchel

anchel Member

Some good news at least...

12. napalm06

I hate tanking and I think it's unsportsmanlike; but that would be the one scenario that could redeem itself.

13. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

indifferent.

14. napalm06

The Washington game happened to be the one I missed, working an extra shift at work.

Can anyone describe how he fell/what happened to cause the bone bruise? I'm just curious.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Houston sports is a right kick in the nuts these days, isn't it??

16. albuster

albuster Member

Bad news. This will be a downer for enjoying the holidays. I was looking forward to fire up the fireplace, turn on my tv and watch the Rockets compete during the holidays. The Texans too. But it's not gonna happen this year, sigh.

17. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Did I step out a Delorean and its 2001 when we were plagued with injuries and bad play.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Back to you, COT-ton!"

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Good, that will give us roughly 2 months of showcasing the big boy and gauge his value just incase something develops.

20. sefril

sefril Member

well, i think that we have to draft them.. same way with how we got Hakeem and Yao..

yep, agreed.. but just want to point it out, we have the swap pick rights with the Knicks.. so not every victory is a defeat and every defeat is a victory.. :)