1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao to miss at least another 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 19, 2010.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'd prob expect to see him around the time we get Brooks back. Hopefully we won't be 20 games under .500 by then.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Bone bruise"? :(

4. SunsRocketsfan

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Next it'll be 3 weeks. Oh well. Take all the time you need. Won't have to worry about the in-and-outs.

6. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

According to people on clutchfans, that is good news.

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

my first thought....people where asking for this.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

The night it happened I had originally said 8-12 weeks just from looking at that type of injury and looks like i'll be half way there, shortly...sigh

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

sounds like they just dont want him around for now so they can mesh...

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So I'm guessing we should throw all that "extended minutes and back-to-back by Janurary" out the window? At least for now?

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Not even a dozen games in yet and this season has already become a joke.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Talking about Yao's chronic injury situation isn't being cynical.

It's being realistic.

13. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Looking an early look at the standings, with NO, Utah, Portland, and even GS playing great ball, the teams that I expected the Rockets to contend with to get one of the playoff spots, and with all the injuries piling up already, it seems so extremely difficult now if the Rockets want to make a run at it. And this is with other teams like Denver and Phoenix, 2 more teams that will be contending for spots, not even in the top 8 for now.

As it is, sadly, this seems like the perfect year to tank. I know we dont need to if NY can do it for us, but with Brooks and Yao out til probably early to mid Dec, I see us a bit worse. :(

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

My guess is this was the plan if we were to contend, etc. If we're now 10 games back in Jan, why even risk his career, wherever it may be from here on out.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

i think his injury is actually severe but the rockets won't release this to the media. They will keep saying 1 more week, 2 mor weeks for precaution, that way fans don't give up on the season. Yao won't be a rocket next year.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks for the link.

Is this really surprising to most of us here??? Guess what, the pre-season skeptics like HillBoy, MadMax, SamFisher, etc... were correct. We were deluding ourselves that this could be a special season.

Yao is done. He will likely recover from this latest injury until the falls to the next one... and next one.

Management needs to look itself in the mirror, make some hard decisions and move on.

The alternative is the status quo, which is unacceptable in my humble opinion.

17. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Telling you.....

DM is a genius...he is devising a plan for the Rockets to acquire a high draft pick...by grouping together a bunch of role players, ex D-League stars, no defense team.

Then Keep Yao out of the lineup, you would think those doctor's would accurately say he needs X amount of weeks.

You don't see Rockets saying AB needs another 2-3 weeks. they said 6 weeks, end of story. I can't wait till AB gets to the 5th week of healing and the Rockets say "he needs another 3 weeks"

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Rockets's PR man: "Believe me".

19. tested911

tested911 Member

I'm so fine with this... We can start fresh again if Yao doesn't resign... Thank you big guy for the memories but it's time to move on.. If anything I would love to trade him for a 1st round pick if he worth that much... But then again if Les is still pulling in the big $$$$$$ from China (even with Yao not playing) I don't see Yao going anywhere.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Is this what we have to look forward to for the next five years, a complete inability to gain any sense of direction, because the organization can't accept the fact it's time to move on without Yao?