1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao/Tmac/Adelman, on of them needs to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Dec 10, 2007.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

Why one of them needs to go Mr. rfila? Why not just fire two of them, or all three of them? All three are not good for Rockets. Also why not fire Morey? Please answer.

2. rfila

rfila Member

I do not go as far as you to say "All three are not good for Rockets". I think all of them are proven successful NBA pros in some sense. I just thought those three together won't work, and someone has to go for the best interest of the team and maybe also for himself. None of them will be a winner in a failed team.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

More like two of them needs to go!!!!!!!! :p

4. blackistan

blackistan Member

I dont know where this tmac is selfish thing started but I honestly dont believe he is based on the way he sets up his teammates all the time. Maybe in the recent games he has been trying to do things himself but I still wouldnt call him selfish at least not yet. I agree that someone needs to go but I think it has to be anybody on the rockets roster except yao. I wish we would've tried to do something for kobe because if you see what the lakers are doing right now with what they have it is amazing. If we had kobe it would be just what we need right now someone that has that no bs just win attitude. We need someone like kobe who can take over a game when the rest of the team cant do anything, you can call him selfish but he wins and gets the job done. Even with all the trade talk and him leaving he was still the leader of the team and his team still rallied around him. We need someone like him to wake up our team kobe preferrably but it probably wont happen. If not kobe then somebody else but all I know is we need a jolt to this team asap.

5. devin23

devin23 Member

Funny how u labeled me a YOF before. Look, tmac sucked, yao sucked, the whole team sucked. We are at each other throats because of that., I know u are pissed off as much as anyone, but accusing someone of a YOF and TOF isn't going to help at all. I can tell u right now i lost alot of respect for Tmac, I think Yao is shrevelled up in a corner right now with only words and not action. This, is coming from a Fan who used to love both Tmac and yao.

6. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Good points. Maybe two out of three should go.

7. jlwee

jlwee Member

When a poster said T-Mac is selfish, you know he is one of the Kobe wankers!

8. flyemerate

flyemerate Member

Adelman should go

We want Jeff back!!!

It seems that we lose everything as we lose defense

And we do prefer an ungly win than a lose

9. RoxD

RoxD Member

A great post. Right to the point. Even a person with over 10000 posts may not have the insight to post something like this.

If the fans want to see a better result this year and the problem cannot be fixed soon, at least one of them should go, in this order: Adelman, Yao, McGrady.

10. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

What the hell is going on here??? This team was was just short of being totally revamped during the offseason. New coach, new system, new role players and new roles for established players.

If instant success was your expectation then you are only experiencing a reality check right now. Name a successful team, business, project, or expansion that has reached a sustainable peak without experiencing a trough first.

Getting the pieces for the puzzle was not the hard part. Putting the puzzle together is. This cannot be done in the offseason or in training camp. It must be done on the court.

The reality of this situation is that we have probably hit rock bottom, and we are at .500. As bleak as it may seem, the scene for success is set. Situations like this is what nurtures heart, leadership, passion, and a team culture. We have the talent, leadership, and support... We lack cohesion and execution. And that ain't gonna come overnight, or 1/4 of the way through the season.

Growing pains don't heal overnight; and success and the title of #1 comes with hard work and constant tests and trials.

So please!!!!! Chill out, and enjoy the ride. The drama is just gonna make it that much better.

11. Fuse

Fuse Member

I vote for T-mac to go. I have seen enough of adelman to know he is a proven winner. Portland and Sacremento are no flukes. If people are dismissing his sacremento teams because they couldn't reach the finals, then no look no further than the Shaq led lakers... because nobody could stop them.

Despite Yao and his limitations, I can appreciate the fact that he cares about the team more than anyone else. I would much rather have a consummate teammate on the team than one who is egoistical and selfish.

12. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Boston Celtics. Orlando Magic.

That's why this excuse is way overblown, and it's not a valid one.

13. Fuse

Fuse Member

... Both of these teams were lottery teams before they became the team they are today.

14. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

I don't know whether your post is agreeing or disagreeing with me...but all it took for those teams was one offseason to turn it around. The Rockets were already a playoff team to start with and made what were supposed to be signifigant upgrades to the roster over the summer. Yet here we are, muddled in the same excuses 22 games in to the season.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

aint that the truth.

16. Fuse

Fuse Member

I'm not making parallel comparisons. Just for the record, I am disagreeing with your point. It certainly took more than one off season before these teams made such significant progress. You're using that "big" trade as the reference point for all the progress, which is somewhat off. You have to use the same starting points to make fair comparisons. Boston's previous peak was when they had Walker/Pierce playing deep into the second round of the playoffs before that was broken up... Look how many years that took before Boston attained their new trio? Orlando was at the bottom barrel for quite a few years after they made the T-mac trade. They had a one sided first round exit following those few years, and it was not until the addition of lewis and the sudden revival of Hedo that they are playing well this early in the season.

Also, look no further than our very own Rockets back in the hayday if you want another example. It took Hakeem almost a decade before he got another team to take him to the promised land. THe Lakers went through years of turmoil before they gathered Bryant, O'neal, and Jackson.

17. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Just shut it. Boston went from going nowhere and a TWENTY FOUR win team last year, to championship-caliber...in ONE offseason. Don't give me this B.S. about reuilding. It took one summer. They blew up their team in one summer. There wasn't a Stevie Frahchise rebuilding period for the Celtics.

Orlando is a similar situation. They had a Rick Adelman-esque coach in Brian Hill that squeezed out 40 wins last year. So they add a signifigant piece, a new coach and they look like a contender in the East...

Compare this with the Rockets. They were a 52 win team that was on the brink of making a deep playoff run. So they add some (what was supposed to be) signifigant pieces, a new head coach, and now they look like a lottery team.

So what's the difference. It's MINDSET. Orlando and Boston came in to the season with expectations. They didn't say in press conferences that "it was going to take time." They didn't say in training camp that "it's going to take time." Those teams had the mindset that they weren't going to allow the new pieces to "take time"...they had the mindset that they were going to win and they were going to win immediately. The Rockets have a built-in excuse that's coming from the top down, and they certainly look intent on milking that excuse as long as they can so they don't have to try as hard.

18. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

believe that developing chemistry or appearing to have chemistry is a lot easier when you aren’t facing the cream of the league night in and night out. This is not a luxury that the Rockets have been privileged with.

Boston and Orlando are winless against the top teams in the west from last year. The Rockets are 3 and 4. (2 L’s to the Mavs, 1 W and 1 L against both San Antonio and PHO, and 1 W vs. Utah.)

Early in the season we have been forced by the best teams in the NBA to go to what we know can work. (Give the ball to Yao and T-Mac and cross your fingers.)`Unlike many teams in the NBA we haven’t had the opportunity to experience a schedule that is front heavy with 2nd and 3rd tier teams.

We haven’t had many situations that allow you to experiment with and master a new offense. This could possibly lead to losses against teams with inferior talent, but established cohesion.

Please understand, it is hard to improve when you must first fight just to keep your head above water. Granted there is no excuse for our poor free-throw shooting, defense, and hustle. But none of the Rockets’ issues are independent variables.

Please consider the 80/20 rule from the business field. 80% of an organizations issues are created by 20% of its processes. The same can be said about its successes as well. I’m confident that the Rockets’ problems are not as vast as many of us believe.

19. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

You've gotta be either joking or not watching. Schedule is no longer an excuse...not when you lose to Toronto, Sacramento, traling at one point to the Sixers by 31 in a loss, losing to Memphis, etc.

The reason the Rockets are having to "fight to keep your head above water" is because of a lack of effort and caring from your best player on down. And the coach either hasn't addressed this issue, doesn't recognize it, or doesn't know how to deal with it.

20. Fuse

Fuse Member

Getting a little personal, aren't we? You're arbitrarily picking reference points. I could say that about any team by selectively picking where they made significant progress in one offseason. BTW, Orlando and Boston - both in the eastern conference might I add - have not been regarded as winning organizations for the past few years, unless you and I have been watching entirely different leagues. It takes time to find the right pieces, that's just a fact. Boston lucked out with adding a star and superstar in Allen and Garnett respectively, of course that would be a major improvement over any team they had previously. They also had a relatively easy schedule thus far, so until they prove it in the playoffs, which they bet their future on, it absolutely means nothing. As for the Magic, they got off to a hot start after 20 or so odd games. What does that prove?

As for why you discredited my points, I have no idea. All these teams were winning teams before they were broken up - except for the horrific year with T-mac's last year in orlando. Its the 4th year since we made that big trade, and its taken the others teams, equally if not more years to recover their franchise. So I don't see how that is not a fair comparison.

The rockets had the toughest schedule in the league and most of us would of been happy with a .50 record by the end of November. They are also incorporating a new system and a completely new set of rotation players for team that was built for defensive purposes. Its not like we added anyone with the caliber of Garnett, Allen, or Lewis. So of course it would be more difficult for us to show the results comparatively. BTW, last year was an aberration, we overachieved considering the pieces we had. Its was not realistic for us to expect massive improvements over what we had last year considering the circumstance.