1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao/Tmac/Adelman, on of them needs to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Dec 10, 2007.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

You know, he really does look disinterested. He appears to be in retirement mode. I hope he can shake it off, and get going, but whatever. If they lose tonight expect a major meltdown on the board at least. If they win big, expectations will be reborn, but not mine. I think I have the picture. What is the old saying, you won't be disappointed if you don't expect much. My goal for the team is making the playoffs which does not appear a lock at all.

2. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

it is an absolute lock...i thought we would win 58...now i say 55...our schedule lightens up soon

3. rfila

rfila Member

I do not think that way. I do not judge his play by the outcome of the game. A bad shot is a bad shot even if it gets lucky and falls in. A good shot is a good shot even if it does not fall. I just have seen too many gambling clutch shots from him while better option is there for the team.

4. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Schedule is such a joke of an excuse....especialy when you lose to Memphis, the Lakers at home, Toronto, no-showing against Golden State, struggling to beat Milwaukee and Charlotte, etc.

And wasn't the schedule already supposed to have lightened up? This team may not need a softer schedule to get wins, cause that's when they play like they're just gonna show up and win.

5. rfila

rfila Member

That is what I hate most. And I have seen too many of these and it is one of the reasons I say he is too much of himself.

6. rfila

rfila Member

agreed. Tmac is the general and he has the ability to do a better job yet his ego or whatever just keep him from doing that.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Last season the Spurs lost to the Lakers at home, Milwaukee and Charlotte.

8. rfila

rfila Member

No. I started with talking about Tmac's problems as I see them over the years. Adelman's coaching style just let them getting wosre. Yao is no more they type of the players Tmac want while Yao is not happy with what he sees. These three are not going to work out the problem.

1)Tmac himself sees the problem and changes or go,
    2) Adelman "impose his own will" on the team or go
    3) let Yao go and get good return around Tmac

Doing nothing is worse than any of the above for the Rockets as a team.

9. flame

flame Member

I think T-Mac to be a playmaker is somewhat over weighted at this point. A fantastic pass leads easy score is impressive, but to trust teammates and get them involved is much more important. Take Boston as an example.

10. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Then that settles it. The Rockets don't have to try or care because that happened to San Antonio last year. Houston's a lock for the title now that we know this.

I don't know why or how the Spurs lost those games, and frankly I don't care...but they have enough of a proven track record to excuse one or two of those type of losses. The Rockets...not so much. And besides, I'd be fine with losing those games if the effort wasn't in question. If they played hard and were just missing shots or whatever, I could live with much easier than the garbage we're seeing this season.

11. sab504

sab504 Member

like i said before the season started, trade tmac + fillers for kobe + fillers.

Kobe might be a very hated player, but his passion to win games is undeniable. I'm sick and tired of(tmac) "its on me" foo. NO its not on YOU, you did not warrant anything for it to be on you. We will not get anywhere with tmac. No doubt he has GOD given talents and is one of the best skilled players in the nba, but that doesn't change the fact that hes a natural born loser. Kind of reminds me of Cwebb, a very talented player who always fold under pressure.

Outgoing:
    Tmac, Bonzi, Mike James

Incoming: Kobe, Vlad

Money ball, do it!

I feel that kobe and yao would do much more damage together

Kobe is top 6 in penetrating to the rack (Lebron, tony parker, manu, dwade, ai)

He will be able to get open looks for battier, vlad.

Stevie will also have less pressure to help out with kobe on the floor. I dont know why, but it seemed that stevie was hesistating a lot yesterday. It seemed he was trying NOT to piss someone off (Tmac or Adelman?)

12. sab504

sab504 Member

You must be OUT of your MIND if you want to let yao go. You obviously no nothing about the game if you gonna trade yao away. Who can we get for yao? Only players that are on the same level or above yao is dwight, tim duncan. I would not trade anyone else for yao. Big man dont come often, you keep the talented big and build around him. Yao might have some flaws, but those flaws arent big enough to build around him for a championship run. Reason why we been losing in the playoffs is because of trigger-happy tmac. He falls in love with his jump shot so much he forgets that God gave him the talent to drive in at will and score.

13. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Read my post comparing 02-03 T-Mac to T-Mac of now...outside of FT shooting and 3pt shooting, he is exactly the same player as he was in Orlando, just with less of a scoring burden and more of a playmaking burden (as seen last year when he was a 30PPG scorer with Yao out, and a 7APG guy with Yao in the lineup). His shooting bthis year is among a career best, his assists are the 2nd highest of his career (last year was his highest), he is arguably at his best health-wise than at any point since he joined the Rockets...T-Mac is still a top player in this league.

Go to any forum and search for a top 10 players topic...you will see that Rockets fans, especially here, actually undervalue him than overvalue him. The problem is that because we see him ALL THE TIME, it is a lot easier to nitpick and really analyze his flaws as opposed to a guy like Kobe, who we just marvel at, yet at Laker forums they dissect him just like we do T-Mac.

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

I'd say it was both. Go back to that technical call in preseason.

15. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

tmac for kobe or lebron??? what type of joke is that... its easier to land a lottery than getting lebron and kobe with tmac

16. flame

flame Member

I watch quite a lot celtics game. Whenever anyone fall on the floor, none of the big three hesitated to pull him up. I never saw them blame on anyone else. I was told, they always discuss strategies with others and try to find efficient plays during the training time.

17. Seth

Seth Member

Agree 100% McGrady is not worth Kobe nor LeBron nor Wade, i think you have to put T-Mac around the Iverson, Carter, Kidd maybe Carmelo or Gasol orbita, but not Kobe, Duncan, LeBron..

If you ask me about the above list, Kidd and Iverson are the best fitĀ“s for this team because the will be able to put some order on this system. (i prefer Kidd).

18. rfila

rfila Member

Now I think I know who should go first--Adelman! He has lost control of the team.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

What a YOF. i got news for You. dwight howard is much better then yao. as is duncan. hell even mcgrady is better then yao/ yao is playing like a stiff. getting owned by humphries, joe smith and dalembert. i would trade yao for howard or duncan or amare in a heart beat.

Tracy 5-8 for 12 points pathetic

Yao 3-11 for 12 points = super pathetic.

20. sab504

sab504 Member

No, i am just a pure basketball fan who loves to watch real basketball. Tmac is a joke. I dont even care if he shot 10-10. He isn't the type of player we need. This ego self center with a habit of chucking 20+ footers from the outside without passing it even once to his teammate isn't going to do it for the rockets. Yao may be a stiff, but the guy can dominate given the right circumstances. Hes frustrated right now, of course hes gonna do bad. He isn't happy with the team right now, things tend to go sour when you feel like that.