1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao/Tmac/Adelman, on of them needs to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Dec 10, 2007.

1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

My suggestion to "others".

cut off your cable tv and watch their games from the net. That way it's not too painful when they suck. I learned my lesson last year.

2. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

game was on the line, calvin murphy said that tmac should have taken that shot. Either way selfish or not.. tmac has one some games this season almost by himself on the offensive end.

3. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Solid, I've said something similar before on another thread, but I think you and I see the game from the same point of view. I try to make the same arguments and get no dialog or reaction, so I'll just expand on what you have to say.

I think they really "are what they are." We can talk about the adjustments of having new players and a new coach...maybe we can even blame some of it on the new court design we have. But, we're at the point of the season where it's time to finally call it like we see it. There's no consistent effort. That's why there's so much inconsistent results. Until that happens, it really will be a struggle to even make the playoffs.

Look at the West, 1-8 right now. Given that and the way the Rockets have played all season (lifeless), who are the Rockets going to replace in the standings by season's end? Honestly?

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Well, I don't think many fans want to face up to this, it is just too negative. But, at some point you have to face the situation. Basic temperaments don't change significantly over short periods of time. Yao and TMac are who they are. Their personalities greatly influence the other players. RA is who he is, a "Rudy" type coach (not even as intense). The supporting cast is not up to the talent level of the elite teams in the West (maybe not even the East). It is too frustrating to keep expecting something that isn't going to happen. Go back and read my second paragraph that I edited in.

5. Astockmarketgod

please Tmac is no where near a Lebron, Kobe, or Nash....`anymore...

and thats why Tmac wont get traded...; because we value him too high...

Yao is probably our best bet to get a player with comparable talent...Dwight Howard... would give us even money...

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Yes he is! In fact he is the only true playmaker on the Houston Rocket's team!
    The problem is that there are times when he concentrates on being the top scorer,over everything including the team success, when the teams needs him not only to score but to also be the floor general. Yao Ming's game depends upon him more than any other player on the team. Tracy should be satisfied with 20-25 points and 10-12 assists. He should not be afraid to have Yao Ming bloom and fulfill his potential.
    We keep talking about finding a true Floor General for our team but he is already with us now, his name is Tracy Mc Grady! :p

7. dram1

dram1 Member

I think he is approaching boiling point. He is starting to let out a little more frustration toward his teammates too now. He'll soon be telling teammates what's up on the court. I like to see him be more vocal. Remeber Dream use to call people out all the time.

8. Fuse

Fuse Member

I think we are a much more willing as a team to pass when Tracy is off the court, because we are mindful of each players limitations. When Tracy is on the court, we tend to watch him play and his ability actually hinders the team from making the proper decisions.

To solve the problem with two soft super stars, is to have someone like Jason Terry on the team - who is willing to waive off both superstars and make his own decisions.

However, if we were to keep the team intact, I suggest we should trade for Kobe. We need a superstar who is willing to take the burden of finishing off games without being consicentious of being labelled selfish. I will get flamed for saying this, but I watch the Lakers and Rockets on a very consistent basis - for people to label Kobe selfish is a function of them actually watching the box score instead of the actual games. We need someone as mentally strong as Kobe. He plays extremely well in a team of veterans.

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Yes you are correct!! This would be called COACHING and I for one haven't see much of it this season. Most times during a game when the camera shows Coach 'A' he looks to me that he is regretting getting back into coaching because he didn't realise all the problems that need fixing.He looks more like a troubled spectator rather than a high powered coach of an NBA team :p

10. Astockmarketgod

is this Tmac's 11th season? or 12th?

and does it really matter? you would think the guy should have learned by now...

like they say... when atheletes get up to this level... it becomes

10% physical AND 90% mental....

Tmac is our most talented player... but he may just be our weakest when it comes to his mentality

11. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

12 years is indeed more than enough. I actually never had a problem with the "win now" approach this team's had (besides the Steve/Cat/Cato years), cause at least it's shown a commitment to winning when the team felt like there was an opportunity.

But as for this year's team, I think the supporting cast overall is better than last year's 52 win team (maybe not the 51 win 04-05 team though)...but the problem is that they all have that one fatal flaw that keeps them from being as good as they can be...Bonzi is talented but makes bonehead plays as a result of not consistently being in the game, Mike James can't make a shot and looks completely lost, Steve bogs down the offense when he's at the point, Rafer is Rafer, Shane can't dribble-drive, Chuck's game speaks for itself, Scola hasn't figured it out yet, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. So as a whole, you're right...the way they're playing right now (not necessarily what they're capable of on paper or what they've done in the past), the supporting cast is not up to par.

Someobdy needs to come in and start breathing fire. The past few years, the person to provide that has been JVG. Now that he's gone, the lack of that desire in any of the players on the roster has been totally exposed. And just when it looked like Steve could come in and provide that, he gets hurt so he hasn't been able to get in to any sort of rhythm this season.

So I don't really know what to make of what's going on. I'll keep harping on the players' effort until it gets consistently better, cause to me that's the biggest problem. But having a coach that looks like he's as disinterested as McGrady is just another thing that this team doesn't need.

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Amen.

13. Astockmarketgod

Tmac would have been better off if he stayed in Toronto... atleast then he would have made it out of the first round...

as for Orlando... Tmac alone would have won enough regular season games they probably never would have got Howard...

T-mac and Dwight would have been a great duo...

but then in the playoffs when the game is on the line... 5 minutes to go... when it becomes a wingman game... because the refs put the whistle away for the big guys in the paint...

Tmac would choke again...

and Rockets wont make it out of the 1st round again this year...

18 years of looking for trends and patterns.... 11 years of watching Tmac .... tells me that...

14. vince123

vince123 Member

it seems that your thread is not about one of them had to go but t-mac has to go.why make a thread when you could have put it in the we need a change thread or trade t-mac thread or even the my t-mac rant thread or Collapse started after Tmac's 3 forced shots thread or the 2 Superstars Maybe 1 to Many thread.sorry to rip all these thread but its 6 threads about either trading t-mac or bashing him.either way you could all have just tell your opinion in one or 2 thread.yao and tracy deserves better fans than that.i'll believe till the end

15. kwng

kwng Member

I think no one has to go but the coach need to sort them out if their play is hurting us.

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

it's a hell of a job to fix tmac without hurting his feeling.

17. kwng

kwng Member

I guess it's not easy for the coach to deal with superstars and wrong approach could well fired back and his job would be at stake. Well, I think Adelman is diplomatic enough to do it without hurting his feeling I believed.

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

umm T-Mac was on the 16-win Magic team which got the first draft pick, and they picked Dwight Howard. That was the same offseason we traded for T-Mac.

19. magicwind

magicwind Member

Tmac for Kobe?

I doubt Lakers with do that, maybe add on MJ and snyder.

20. rfila

rfila Member

I agree that Tmac is one of the best decision maker. That is why I feel so dissapointed with so many his rediculous clutch time shots. That just Tell you something.