1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao/Tmac/Adelman, on of them needs to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Dec 10, 2007.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I don't think T-Mac thinks himself as selfish, he simply thinks that since the team has a nice lead, why not have some fun? Of course, people can inteperet that as being selfish, but to McGrady it's probably just part of having fun.

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Postcount is not a guarantee.

One way to do this is to provide a rating at post-level like the one for thread rating. This will serve as a recommendation just like with chron.com comments area. If a rookie makes some great points, it's up to the other people to reward him/her with stars. If he accumulates, say, 200 stars, even in just one post, he/she can get his way to the new status.

my 2 cents.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

great, great point.

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

With the kind of shooting we've been experiencing, 6 assists says a lot. You don't get a reputation for being an outstanding passer unless you pass the ball, and you can't be an outstanding passer w/o a lot of passes. At nearly 6 APG, TMac is in the top 20 players in the league; he gets a lot of touches but fewer than other teams' point guards who bring the ball up every time to better shooters, yet he's still in the top 20.

Finally, he's supposed to be able to create his own shot and carry the team on his back when it's struggling, then he get's criticized when he does? He's a streaky shooter, yet his adjusted % is fine.

So we don't complain when he carries the team to a win, only when the rest of the team totally gives up and it's all on him? :rolleyes:

5. trustme

trustme Member

I think you should be downgraded to roockie :)

6. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

You are right that T-Mac is becoming a problem of this team to have a free flow smooth offense. But I don't think of these three needs to go to work. T-Mac is an incredible passer, but he only passes more after he failed to make these forced jumpers. That needs to change for this team to win. All it takes is T-Mac to shoot less forced jumpers and distribute the ball more to his teammates.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tmac and yao are unmovable, for different reasons.

nothing else left to do but fire JVG :eek:

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

What about teh many times that we were having terrific shooting, how many assists did tmac get?

One way to motivate or communicate to a superstar to pass more is to compliment him that he's a great passer. No coach would tell tmac to stop shooting. That's why when he left Orlando, coach Doc started unloading his disappointment with tmac.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Adelman is a coach with good record. Regardless his system fits the current team or not, his coaching style just make the case worse.
    I think his offensive system can work with time especially by having smarter and better players on the team. Defensively, I don't think he can be any way near JVG. His coaching style is have the players figure things out and get the job done.It has it's plus points and negatives but the guys need direction from the coach on both ends right now.
    My biggest concern with Adelman is when the going gets tough he also crumbles along with the players.This has happened to him before too because he isn't mentally tough IMO.JVG's problem was his stale and predictable offensive style and excessive control which was compounded by the lack of talent around Yao and T-Mac.JVG should have been more vocal and perhaps made a defensive change down the stretch in Game 7 against the Jazz but he is not a mental midget like Adelman. Yao and McGrady aren't mentally tough either, which is making the problem even worse. I just don't see who can we get for either one of them which could make us a better and stronger team.

10. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

what bugs me the most is that the coach and players are not saying the right stuff after losses. it seems like more often than not they are making excuses for themselves. it's hard to take this team seriously when the losses don't eat at them the way they should.

11. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

Totally agree.

A typical moment of TMAC in clutch time: Rockets lead by 2 or trail by 2, TMAC drive to the 3pt line and shoot with 15 seconds left on the shot clock. The shot falls: TMAC is such a hero.
    Not falls?

Adelman: No game plan, no disipline. One of his quota after we lost a game:" I do not know what's going on..." If you do not know what's going on, who knows?

Yao: I am tired of his complaining. This season: heyes,teamates...., End of last season:" I am sad,...", "Snyder should have been used..."...., I guess he is missing JVG now. Like he said, under JVG, they played like on a tram line, under Adelman they were free. You cherish something when you lose it. If yao now get that, please play hard, stop complaining, trust your teamates and your coach, give everyone an oppotunity.

12. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

selfish? You do remeber who made the pass to shane to beat the lakers earlier this season? people here need to relax, tmac and yao are not going anywhere and like stated before it was tmac passing the ball that is what cost us the jazz series.

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

yeah, a single pass will not make you selfish in this league.

14. flame

flame Member

Sugeestions to Tmac/Yao and others

Sugeestions to Tmac/Yao and others

Tmac: Share the ball. Not every pass need to be a marvelous assist. Pass is a good way to commuicate on the court.

Yao: Save your energy, be more clutch.

Adelman: Talk more to your team.

Others: Up your ego.

15. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Thank you for your suggestions, I am sure they will take them into consideration.

And about Yao being more Clutch, well then he needs to get himself one of these suits..
    [​IMG]

16. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Honestly, i'm not trying to hate, but T-Mac would've fared better had he stayed in Orlando. If he had been a bit more patient he couldve played with a REAL dominating post presence in Dwight Howard, and he'd have a much easier road to the finals. T-Mac + Dwight Howard....that just sounds like a scary duo. It sounds a lot more intimidating than T-Mac + Yao.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My advice to you...is to start drinking heavily.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

My suggestion to myself is to lower my expectations. Last season is starting to look like a high point. It is doubtful the Rockets will win as many games this year. Since it is obvious they are not a contender (hardly), it is time to think about the "struggle" to make the playoffs. Getting out of the first round in the West is not likely, so I am coming to accept that this organization is simply incapable for whatever reason of really elevating the performance of this team. They are what they are, I have come to terms with it. Obviously, I am disappointed, but not so much so as before I came to this conclusion.

Twelve years should have been more than enough time to "retool" this team into a contender. But it didn't happen. The organization has made some very poor decisions along the way. I think Morey is a smart guy, but his tenure is just beginning and our two stars are about to pass their prime. Yao will likely decline more quickly because of his abnormal size. TMac is actually doing better than I expected with his back issues, but he looks much older than he is. Barring some miracle mid-season deals, I think last year may have been the peak of this particular cycle. Miracles still happen, so I haven't given up all hope, but realistically, it is not looking good.

#38 solid, Dec 10, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  19. Silk

Silk Member

Yeah... thats what we need, thousands of BBS's posting to boost their post count just so they can start threads.

Try thinking your ideas out before saying them.

And though I dont agree with the reasons for this thread exactly as they are presented, I think it is a great topic for discussion. We need more posts like this.

Also, it was noted in a game recap how TMAC was showing frustration towards his teammates. I did not see this game, however, if this is true we should remember that a great player finds ways to make his teammates better. A bad shooting night more often times then not is a mental thing, it needs positive reinforcement, not negativity and dissapointment.

For the first time, I thought I saw a lapse back to the me-mac days of his first playoff series where he alienated himself from the rest of the squad by such an attitude.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You are a wise man.