1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao & Steve - They are going to be tough (to beat)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clarence lui, Dec 17, 2002.

1. clarence lui

clarence lui Member

Extract of Jack Ramsay on ESPN Chatterbox 12/17/02:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=2909

Richard Chen (Charleston, WV): I know it's hard to predict, but what teams do you think will be contending for the title in four years or so, when Shaq and Phil are done? My money's on the Rockets; with Stevie Wonder and Yao Wow Wow, who will be able to stop them? Thanks!

Dr. Jack Ramsay: I agree. They're going to be a tough combo to beat. The Rockets have additional players like Mobley, Thomas, Griffin and Norris, that will add fuel to their power. They're going to be tough. Don't overlook the baby Bulls either.

***Folks, let refocus on what the team can do and how it can be done - should be the beginning of something BIG!***

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would have to agree too. yao is gonna be a healthy 7'6" 330. shaq will be to slow to compete in a couple of years.

our offence will be into yao, out to steve, swing it to cat. 3 guys that can drop 30 on any given night, and here is the kicker........they all get along!!!

add kt as a 4th option. he can post smaller players and take bigger ones to the hole. bring in griff for some interior D. boki will be our zone buster. Tmo, moT, cato, mooch, and hawk add defence and hustle from the bench.

we have everything we need to go all that way.

3. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Finally, a positive thread after a whole day of negativity.

In 4 years, this is gonna be America's and China's team!!

We'll have already gone back-to-back

Yao will be the co-MVP of the league. He will also not have to perform anymore CBA duties because he's become a great singer...a la Jackie Chan. China finds it more suitable for Yao to lift up his countryman's spirits during the offseason rather than win some Asian bball championship (soccer is the passion in China). The new Compaq Center is the most rockin' place in the NBA, not only because of bball fans, but due to little Chinese girls screaming for Yao, hoping that hear that voice!!

Stevie is the other co-MVP because the man is Oscar Robertson reborn -- he gets triple doubles as he pleases...but scoring is the tough part for him because he loves to set up his teammates.

Cat has a plethora of monikors..."Kobe-Stopper, the Cat-napper, the Claw"...because nobodies better at defense and he catches fire like a young Reggie Miller.

Eddie G has become Rasheed Wallace with Kenyon Martin's fire...Eddie's got a sweet turnaround J and nobody messes with the above three unless they wanna mess with the Seton Hall Hook!!

Boki has become the best European-born shooter in the NBA and also rivals David Carr has Houston's most eligible bachelor...his accent has girls saying, "Oh Boki..."

Haha...then there's the best bench in the NBA: Mooch, Cato, MoT, TMo, Kenny, Horry, and Bullard!!

Last but not least, the ever popular Rudy T has wrote a book:

"Heart is Bigger than Zen for a Champion"

Alright...I'm done
    Sh*t I got to study...:D

4. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

YAO and STEVE as isahia thomas puts are the leaders of the dark horses. that is of the houston rockets.

5. HaYnBoi

HaYnBoi Member

Love your post. Although Mr. Carr is married and i think he has two kids. Maybe he can rival Tito as Houston's most eligible bachelor though :)

6. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Ummm....David Carr gets divorced in two years...

I'm embarrassed :eek:

7. oj411

oj411 Member

I dont think Boki's fiance would like the sound of that.

8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

If Yao and Steve ever get behind a Karaoke machine and sing "I Wish They All Could Be Califonian (Girls)"... move over Shaq and Kobe.... Yao and Steve will be UNSToPPABLE.

:p

theSAGE

9. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

David Carr is most definately married and stable. That is 1 reason the Texans took him. By the way (OT) although he will be sacked more than any other QB ever...Cunningham was not able to play that whole season.....That offensive line gave up like 30 more sacks than we R going to....look at the stats

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Sage, the blue has to go...:eek:

11. noskrillwill

noskrillwill Member

cousin larry, do not be ridiculous...

12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Of course, we also got lumped in with the Bulls.