1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: some teammates don't have the passion which I expect [translation]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazy_script, Dec 2, 2007.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

I will not if I know I can't translate well. I'd rather leave the others with good translation skills.

2. JustWannaChill

Don't just criticize. At least give the guy credits for his efforts. He didn't have to do that for us.

3. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

People with good translation skills don't always have time to serve you.

4. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

what if you are those players who normally need to YAO AND TMC play one on one, will you have much passion game after game especially when you losing?

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

You can always count on Pryuen, can't you?

6. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Hope this interview is real. It sounded real.
    If so, I hope he called out his teammates, maybe not in public, but in private.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

There's footage of Yao chasing and yelling after a ref from one end of the court to the other after getting a call he didn't like even though the ball was in play. It was from an international game before he entered the NBA.

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

I sure give him credit. But if you know your skill is limited, you might don't want to force it w/ misleading translations. You can simply mention the original article in the thread, and suggest the others to translate it.

9. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

I don't agree with you . :rolleyes:

I just want to share the info and I have the right to do this .

10. tsunami

tsunami Member

I never deny that you have the right to do that. Same here, I have the right to speak out my opinion.

11. mms

mms Member

They are called role players. Now the problem is the stars are working hard but the supporting crew is watching.

12. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

Allright , now people are talking around this article . I'm glad to see you point out the misleading points .

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I wish Yao had the guts calling out people in the locker, including Tmac. Lack of energy started with Tmac in the last game, he treated like a charity game, very slow getting into offense set, dont care about defense much. He scored 40, but on how many shots. One on five basketball out there.

14. choujie

choujie Member

When 2 star players scored 69 points on 50% shooting, it's very hard to lose a game unless other players did nothing both offensively AND defensively.

15. tsunami

tsunami Member

I skimmed your translation and the original article. At least this is not correct:

"I know what I can do , I know my ability . I can assure you I did try my best in every game ."

Should be like:

"I know my abilities and limitations. Though right now I am still not capable to put the whole team on my back, but I swear that I have tried my best in every game".

I think there is difference between the two.

16. azjw

azjw Member

Good work man.
    I think you can do better with your time by giving your own version of the translation than nitpicking others' "poor" translation skills. ;)

17. vince123

vince123 Member

look if you don't like his translation next time he post,don't read.great work man i know it takes a lot of time to translate.and tsunami stick to reading pruyen post then ok and leave the guy alone

18. bucket

bucket Member

Wrong.

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

why? you don't have the right to disallow me to read and comment. Whom you think you are? Police or what?

20. tsunami

tsunami Member

I did him credit. I was just saying part of his translation did not reflect Yao's original meaning. And I can still nitpick everything I want to, like it or not.