1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

YAO SIGHTING AT HIS HOUSE! (Pics included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by randomdude, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

yo whats a globe dog?

2. Rockets Dynasty

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/goldenlabrador.htm

People call them "globes" for short.

You would never ever believe it until you had one.

I've got 2 now.

And believe me I've had labs and golden retrievers before, this is nothing the same.

It's like a completely different animal.

I've had dobermans, german shepherds, rottweilers, mastifs.........

these globe dogs are in a totally different level.

I paid over $7,000 for these dogs, got them in a special place in CA.

They are so mucyh smarter, faster, stronger, than any dog I have ever seen before. The breed is rapidly becoming popular and anyone you talk to that has one says the same thing. The dogs are phenomenal.

I know two other people that have one. They have the same opinion. Almost like a totally new evolution in dogs.

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member

Am I the only one that can't see the pictures? For some reason I can't see these pictures.

4. Rockets Dynasty

Actually it is nicer.

Yao should have a much nicer house than he has.

5. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

In case you didn't notice, they were in Yao's garage. How do you know how the rest of his house looks? :confused: I saw his house in one of his movies (Year of the Yao, I think), and it looked very nice. Obviously, it wasn't all bling bling like most other NBA stars, but Asian people tend to be more conservative about spending money (not trying to be racist or stereotypical--I'm Asian myself, and I've noticed this throughout my life).

6. Rockets Dynasty

Well it's a different kind of dog.

For some reason turning Golden Retreivers and Labrador retrivers into a new dog has created a dog that is still "playfull" and "freindly" but also extremely territorial, aggressive, and extremely dominant.

I don't really know how to explain it. But it's the new rave in the dog world.

I always prefered Dobermans myself, but now now.

These dogs will look and act like a Labrador Retriver in demeanor.

However they will be more like a Golden Retreiver in terms of how they view territoty and house watching.

But the above breeds are not an attack or really much even of a guard dog, though a Golden Retriever will guard.

But these globe dogs..........just downright tougher than anything you could imagine. How this happens from just mixing the two into a new breed is very strange indeed, but it works.

It was the Army that started doing it, experimenting on how to find the perfect Army dog. Now others have caught on.

So that's the thing, the dog will not actually attack unless needed, and you do not have to give it a command. Once it attacks, it's over.

The dogs actually operate like this with no training.

7. Michael Jordan

a good shankin' like this?

[​IMG]

unfortunately, it didn't happen to those guys :(

8. KAS13

KAS13 Member

Ok, so I'll take you at your word that your house is worth over 3 million b/c I personally don't care to argue if it is or isn't. However, why should Yao have a nicer house, because you said so? You're not coming off here well bro, just to be honest. Just b/c you make a lot of money doesn't mean you can't have a very nice home that doesn't cost 17 mil or so. 3 million is a nice house. Yao's house is really nice. If yours is nicer, good for you.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

in year of the yao it looked pretty nice. you're right though. all we saw is his garage...ask randomdude. he was there the other night takin pics

10. randomdude

randomdude Member

you've posted about 50 times on this thread and u are still unable to comprehend that i wasn't at the house taking pics.

11. Rockets Dynasty

Man my house isn't worth $3 million.

And Yao's is probably about $600-$800k range.

I lived in that area once, and that's about what houses ran, figuring what Yao's looks like, then adding inflation, I'm guessing about $800k for Yao's house.

You are greatly exagerrating what that home in that area is worth.

As for my home, I don't even live in Texas now.

My home is probably worth about $300k in the area I live in now.

However it is nicer than Yao's house. But the property is less expensive than that area of Houston.

It is possible to have nicer homes that cost less, depending on the area.

Perfect example is I lived in Arcadia California at one point and $2 or $3 million wouldn't buy you much of anything at all.

12. KAS13

KAS13 Member

Yao's house is worth (or he paid) between 2-3 million. So you are incorrect. What about TMac, what do you think the value of his home is?

13. KAS13

KAS13 Member

I'm wth the other posters. Who was taking the pics then. I don't think you want to own up to it because of all the backlash this thread has caught (and you clearly thought what they did was cool or you wouldn't have posted)

14. Rockets Dynasty

I have no idea what Mac's home is worth, I've never seen it.

However, if Yao paid that for that house he is a total tool.

And how do you pay between 2 to 3 million?

Look man, I lived in that area. There is no way in hell that house cost that much. And this ends the argument now, because I'm not debating such an unimportant topic.

Truth is I know what houses in that area run because I used to live in that area, and I am absolutely positive there is no way in hell his house is worth anything close to that.

As for T-Mac he probably has some $10 million plus pad I would guess. But no way Yao's house is worth that much, homes like that in that area just do not cost anything close to that amount.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

sure you didnt

16. jo mama

jo mama Member

there is nothing in the link about "globe dogs". i did a google search on 'globe dog' and 'globe dog army' and got nothing. as the owner of a half black lab/half golden retriever i must say that this sounds like b.s. those are two of the most friendly breeds out there. my dog is an excellent guard dog (he's 115 lbs. and has a big bark), but he has never shown any sign of aggression like you describe.

do you have any real links w/ info on this super-dog?

as far as the photo takers and thread starter - yall are really, really creepy. i feel sorry for yao and his family.

17. randomdude

randomdude Member

i would not be scared of owning up to the pics...some other guy with them was takin em...I thought what they did was pretty neat and it wasnt as big of a deal as some ppl are making it...disliking the idea of doin such an act is one thing but making rude comments is another...

I did not post to make myself look cool on clutchfans...its something about the rockets so i wanted to share it on here...im not one of those posters who will go along with whatever they think will get lots of good remarks from...ill say what i think...

however, i do have a confession...sometimes i excessively use smileys like :p ;) :D :mad: :) :rolleyes: :eek: to act cool on here :)

18. whoisray

whoisray Member

Sorry man. I am not trying to hate on you but IMHO you paid $7,000 for a pair of mutts. If anyone sold you that "breed" for that much money, they must be the best salesman in the world. The only people that would breed these 2 breeds of dogs or any hybrids are puppymills. No ethical breeder would mix these breeds. What would be the purpose? To build the ultimate guard dog? to make better hunting dogs? or to make a profit on the American love of Goldens and Labs?

What is the standard for this breed? What are some of the health problems? All those other purebred dogs you listed has more of a protective temperament than any Goldie/Lab mix. They are not the kind of dogs to protect you but a family dog. A Golden and Labrador Retriever are there to retrieve the prey AFTER it is killed by the hunter so the mouth is very soft to be able to hold and bring back the dead prey.

Talk to any American Pit Bull Terrier owner to see who the strongest dogs are. <--I don't condone dog fighting but theres a reason why in the old days and unfortunately still now, people use Pit Bulls.

19. whoisray

whoisray Member

The area where Yao lives costs like $500,000 to $600,000.

20. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I googled "globe dogs" and got nothing relevent.